Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 432
Data Created: October 01, 2013

24 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 24Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Applied in store... approved for Wal-Mart Discover... provided 24 hr shopping pass w/ temporary limit of $400...  Shopping passed states that the permanent credit line will be sent with card.  Looking forward to the gas discounts... Every little bit helps... Scores were: CK 663/ TU 663/ EXP 714/ EQ 693

InProcess79's review was:

May 04, 2012 Reply

InProcess79(21, 31)

Review by InProcess79

Top Contributor

After 24hr shopping pass @ $400, I rcv'd card and perm CL was $1000...  Rcv'd auto CLI to $4000 in under 3 months...

InProcess79's reply was:

Aug 30, 2012

InProcess79(21, 31)

Review by InProcess79

Top Contributor

how long it take to get card

duekev's reply was:

Jan 10, 2013

duekev(6, 1)

Review by duekev

Declined, Declined, and Declined. Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

First of all, they gave me $1800 credit limit. So, I recently took my family to a water park that is only 15 minutes away from where we live. I paid $900 cash in a WALMART store to put my balance back to Zero the day before our vacation. Well, the card declined TWICE in ONE day we went on the trip. Each time I called, they told me since I have close to 5 transactions, the card kicks off a security fraud prevention. Really?????

I said, I went to the waterpark, on the way to the waterpark we got some gas, then I paid for the entrance, then paid for a locker, then paid for a 70 CENTS potato chips and got declined. I called them from the water park, they asked me to verify my 4 transactions then they enabled it. I thought that'd be it, so I used it again to feed my family lunch, get gas to go home, then on the way home we went to get some Groceries from... WALMART.. and got declined, in front of everyone behind me. Great! So I called them while I was on the line, they are questioning about these 3 charges while I was in front of the cashier and they enabled it.

I was furious; I called them when I got home and demanded an explanation from customer service. They said they apologize but there's nothing they could do about it. I said, "I don't need a card that I can't use for a very short distance vacation. So Go Ahead and Close it! It's ridiculous and costs me too much of an embarrasment!!

Ohplease123's review was:

Mar 04, 2014 Reply

Ohplease123(1, 5)

Review by Ohplease123

LOL!! WOW!!!! I'm sorry but that was funny!!!

keeso1's reply was:

Mar 04, 2014

keeso1(1, 0)

Review by keeso1

Using it where ever Discover is accepted.  Earned my initial $20 instant cash-back upon first purchase (special promotion).  I call to request a CLI every 4 months from GE Capital (GEMB) rather than type it into the website (no difference - just prefer to speak to someone).

JayRizzo's review was:

Oct 19, 2011 Reply

JayRizzo(210, 302)

Review by JayRizzo

Top Contributor

Right next to my available credit is a REQUEST INCREASE button.

bernhardtra's reply was:

Oct 26, 2012

bernhardtra(98, 382)

Review by bernhardtra

Top Contributor

They no longer allow you to request CLI's from the website. This is the case with every credit card that I have issued by GECRB. You have to call in and do it with an automated voice response system now.

elcid89's reply was:

Sep 12, 2012

elcid89(166, 82)

Review by elcid89

CLI in just one month! Helpful to 6 out of 7 people

Originally approved for $1,000. Last night I requested a CLI, after a month of having the card. They explained me that it was just a soft enquire, so I said ''what the heck'' and after a call to their office in India, voala!!! they approve me for another thousand. $2,000 CL total. Excellent!

Tommitomio's review was:

Feb 14, 2013 Reply

Tommitomio(19, 83)

Review by Tommitomio

Worthless rewards horrible service Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

If you are looking to earn rewards this card is not for you. They advertise 1% cash back, but you only get that if you spend over $3000 annually. If you spend less than $1500 you only get .25%. Plus your rewards don't accumulate, they automatically send you a check once you get $10. Customer service is a joke, don't even bother with this mess. If you have a question about your card your better off trying to google the answer. You will save time and frustration. I will never use this card again. They do however seem to approve anyone and it is super easy to get a credit increase by just clicking the button every once in a while. I would suggest saving the headache and getting a Chase Freedom. It's just as easy to get accepted and you actually do get 1% on all purchases, plus 5% on roatating categories, which really adds up on fuel. Also it is more widely accepted.

1dgharley's review was:

Feb 06, 2014 Reply

1dgharley(7, 27)

Review by 1dgharley

LOVE THIS! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I applied for this card not expecting anything out of it or a deny because of my credit score being in the 680-690s. I instantly was approved for a small amount of $800 but increased to $1200 within paying it off the first time and a few short months later my CL increased again to $2700. I have not had any complaints with this card. Its accepted everywhere and love how my card doesn't say on the front "Walmart". Dont judge me but I love my cards that don't have big annoying/distracting logos everywhere. Simple designs are good with me. Then again thats just my taste. Glad I applied for this product. Will recommend to others!

Sep 09, 2013 Reply
Approved! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

So this will be my third credit card that I currently have. I already love it . CK 690, my limit is $1000.00.

stephaniehauenstein01's review was:

Feb 08, 2013 Reply

stephaniehauenstein01(3, 13)

Review by stephaniehauenstein01

Not bad, instant approval of $1,000 cl of 724 CK score. I would say the main perk of this card is the financial offers of no interest during promo periods on certain purchases. Like there was one that if you spend over $300 there would be no interest charged for 6months if you paid in full! Which was awesome during the holidays!

des5000800's review was:

Aug 15, 2012 Reply

des5000800(2, 2)

Review by des5000800

Great Card from a Great Store. If your the kind of person that likes to pay off balance early, you can make some decent money with it.

Geostar32's review was:

Sep 06, 2011 Reply

Geostar32(1, 2)

Review by Geostar32

Approved! Helpful to 3 out of 4 people

Obviously is a Wal Mart credit card. You can buy anything from them and them some. Got approved on line for $1,000...Easy aplication process.

Tommitomio's review was:

Feb 02, 2013 Reply

Tommitomio(19, 83)

Review by Tommitomio

Results 1-10 of 24Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Walmart® Discover® Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (24)

Discover Card, offering credit card types ranging cash rewards, miles, business, prepaid, rewards, debit, and student cards, are issued by Discover Bank and transactions processed by the Discover Network payment network. Discover is considered the pioneer for credit card cash rewards with its "Cashback Bonus" program, one of the most popular cash reward programs to this day. Discover Bank is a subsidiary of Discover Financial Services, which also owns the payment processing businesses Pulse, a leading national ATM/debit network, as well as Diners Club International, which is accepted in more than 185 countries and territories.

Established in 1986, Discover Financial Services is one of the largest banking and payment companies in the U.S and the third largest national credit card brand.

Walmart® Discover® Card