Great for high flat-rate cash back††

3.5
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Sep 22 2016
Wanted Equifax Score

Hey everyone, I applied for this card and was approved for $3,700. I was hoping for a higher limit, but I guess that will have to do for now. My current fico scores are 711 though both Transunion and Experian. I'm not sure what my Equifax fico score is, but guess what? That's why I got this card. Discover shows my Transunion score, AMEX shows my Experian score, and I was told that Citi shows the Equifax score. After logging in my account for the first time today, I can confirm that this card shows your Equifax score. It won't show mine until my first statement though, as I just activated the card today. So now I get my fico scores for free from every credit bureau. Here are my current credit card limits: American Express Everyday Preferred: $8,000 Capital One Quicksilver: $6,500 Discover It: $2,300 Citi Double Cash: $3,700 By the way, my credit score was in the 500's a couple years back because of some stupid decisions I made in the past, and my little knowledge at the time of how credit worked. My advice is to be patient, pay your bills on time, keep your credit utilization below 30%, and ask for higher limits from your credit cards every 6 months (most credit cards will not do a hard pull for this, and if they do, they'll let you know). Your score will creep back up slowly. Hope this helps.

Dec 25 2017
Worst of my 18 cards.

They might open an account for you, then not let you actually use it. I was ineligible for instant approval when a ~750 FICO, then after a few days I got my approval notice. I received my cards in the mail, then when I tried to activate them the web page said there was an internal error and that I should try back later. After sometime I called and found that they claim the fraud department noticed a discrepancy with my account and that I needed to send a form in. Nearing the 3rd statement (the account is opened and unusable this whole time) they left a voicemail asking me to call them back. I was informed that they sent the wrong form (nearly 2 months after getting it back) and I would be getting something different. Also, no one on any of their teams speaks English as a first language and most can barely speak it at all. If you are one of the people who want to be able to understand people taking to you about your financials, this is not the company for you. TLDR: you will get a credit inquiry and an account you cannot use then cannot understand their support staff who also cannot or will not understand you.

Easy application process.

I applied with Credit Karma's ?very good? approval rating. My scores were 686/652. I received an instant $1500 credit limit with an easy balance transfer process during the application procedures. My balance transfer to a higher interest card was made within 10 days, and although it is a brand new card, everything is falling exactly into place and this appears to be a good balance transfer card with medium to med/high credit scores. Pleased thus far.?

Approved instantly

Good citi send pre selected and aproved TU647 Exp634 EQ N/A

Easy application process

So to start off, CK has my odds as poor. ?I went onto citi?s Website after receiving and invitation to apply in the mail and it said that I was preapproved. ?I applied and within 15 seconds or so I received a congratulatory message telling me I was approved for a $10,000 CL. CK has my scores at TU 611 EQ 630 and poor odds. ?I currently have the following accounts open, Navy FCU $6,200 - Cap1 GM card $9,800 - Discover it $10,500 - Citi Double cash $10,000 - Capp1 Platinum $300 - Cap1 QS1 $300 - Fingerhut $1,200 - Jared?s $500 - Kay?s $500. ?My take is that if the provider has a way of checking preappoval odds go that route, CK is a good educational tool but their odds are a bit off.?

Apr 23 2018
Turned down with good score

I applied with a pretty good credit score and was turned down. Try something else. Do not apply and get hit on your apply history with this

Apr 22 2018

Very fustrating experience. App does not work when siging in, after a couple of atemps. Just applied needed for paying a balance, still waiting for the card thru mail, was only approve for $1,500 with a 724 and accounts in good standing. Called to get a temporary acct number so i can make my payment on time, they said they couldn?t give me. Although their customer service said i could and was transfer. I am closing this card once i receive it. Taking my business somewhere else !?

Apr 20 2018
TERRIBLE!

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD! IF YOU HAVE IT THROW IT AWAY!!! ?

Apr 19 2018
Bait

Got charged foreign fees while in Canada even though my welcome letter boasted of no foreign transactions fees.? Absoluty no credit increases. I?ve asked at least 12 times and my fico was 640 at the time. the rewards are a joke! I paid it off? Shred it. This card is worthless!

Apr 18 2018
Amazing card

I got this card just over 2 years ago. At the time I had a credit score in the low 600's as I was trying to rebuild my credit. I had 1 derragatory mark, but all payments were at 100%. I had a secured capital one card, a credit one card, and a capital one quicksliver card. I had not even attempted to apply for this card as I had been declined for a discover card, I figured the same would be if I applied for a bigger bank card. Well, I got a "preapproval" notice, which in the past hadn't gauranteed me that I'd actually be approved. Surprisingly enough, I was approved for a $1,000 credit line. Now, I ?this card is close to $3000CL and since then, this card has helped me increase my credit score to the mid 700's. I was recently approved for $3,500 credit limit increase on another card and approved for a $4,000CL on a Chase Freedom Unlimited Card (which I had also been denied time and time again in the past). The rewards are always a plus. Seeing as I use this for EVERYTHING, the cash back adds up. Gas, groceries, cable bill, phone bill, electric bill, etc. It all goes on this card. Pay it in full before the end of the billing cycle and reap the rewards of 2% back monthly. I once wanted a Discover and Barclay card, but was always denied...now I continue to get spammed with DIscover and Barclay in the mail. Too bad, my primary business will be with the company that gave me a shot at a real credit card, in this case...Citi.?

Apr 17 2018
Stupid Security System

I applied on 03/04, got approved on 03/08 by 04/01 I haven?t received my card. I called.. my address was wrong and because it was wrong they wouldn?t let me change it because ?we can identify you are who you say you are? after giving my social and other information. On 04/15 I finally get the card after DAYS of proving that I?m the cardholder. Called to activate it and for security reasons I can?t.. I have to wait 7-10 days for a letter with a code to be mailed to me in order to activate it. Worst security system ever.? ?

Apr 17 2018
Bait and switch

Be careful when starting this card.. they offered 0% apr intro but then first bill it showed 24%apr I had to call them to make change and they claimed that they had to send me something in the mail still not 0% but 21% also my first payment they held for 7days before posting available.

Great for high flat-rate cash back††