Great for high flat-rate cash back††

Annual fee

$0

3.9

Aug 18, 2020
Don't listen to the haters my friends.

So I'm seeing alot of people here give the card a bad review because they got denied after their pre-approval. Guess what. Pre-approval =/= approved, further your credit score being high and you being denied isn't a slight against you. They found something that they didn't like. Maybe your debt to income ratio isn't good, maybe your credit history isn't as long as they would like. I got this card with a 760 at the time. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe everything else was fine. Costumer service I had no problem with at all unlike some people say on here. They were friendly with me and answered every question I had. Maybe, just maybe you are a rude customer and treat them like your underlings when the people on the other side of the phone are humans also and deserve respect as we all do. Now on to the card itself. I simply can't say enough positive about it. Always get my 2‰ back since I pay it off every month. Never had an issue with it not working at stores or online. Plus let's be honest, it's kind of a cool looking card. Yep, I'll be sticking with this card for a while.

Aug 01, 2020
Citi does not stand behind customers against fraud

I had a fraudulent charge made to my account which I proved with sufficient documentation. Citi did not stand behind a long time customer that has thousands of dollars in transactions monthly and that pays every month in full. They don't me I don't need them. I have begun to migrate all of my autobills over today and close this account out.

All reviews

Jul 29, 2021
Good Rewards,, Horrible Citibank Customer Service

The card has reduced or eliminated most of the other benefits such as Extended Warranty and Travel Protection. However the 2% back is solid. As usual the Citi Customer service is horrible. People reading from scripts not really understanding the problem or process what something goes awry. If you have no issues , the card is great. I recently picked up the TD Double Up card. I have no idea if the customer service is any better but I am using it as my main card now.

Jul 26, 2021
Easy and Promissing

I hate thinking about which card I should use for which purchase, activate categories, etc. Rhis card is the great solution. I also use the virtual card feature a lot.

Jul 19, 2021
So far so good!!

According to credit Karma my chances of getting this card is poor. But citi bank sent me an application in the mail. I got approved, no problem! I'm very happy with them! Thank you Citi bank!

Jul 15, 2021
If zero stars were an option.

This has been the absolute worst experience with any company ever. These people opened a line of credit and purposely never delivered the card which forced me to call about it twice. They then decided to close my account, and their reasoning was because I wasn’t receiving them? Right. Unbelievable. Not only does this affect my credit score, the reason I even looked at this offer to begin with, but now I have a transfer balance on a closed account. I wouldn’t trust these offers at all. Stick to your current cards and just pay them. Also calling customer service is a hassle. I have to call several times and sometimes someone answers and the calls just goes blank. Terrible!

Jul 13, 2021
Denied with outstanding approval odds

I applied for this card with outstanding approval odds and an 805/805/807 credit score and I was denied for some reason. I have almost no debt at all, less than 0.5% credit utilization, and I’m an engineer and make plenty of money yet I was still denied. It looks like Citi is looking for people who will get stuck in a cycle of debt instead of responsible people.

Jul 08, 2021
Still waiting to use after 2 weeks.

I was so excited to move to this card. I have not changed my credit card in over 20 years. Was accepted quick and card came in and activated online quick. However, on the first use they shut me down for fraud. I called in and they said they could not text my phone which is on the account and when I gave them all the other phones in the house they said they did not show my same last name which is weird since they were my kids. So here I am waiting on snail mail for them to be able to clear up whatever shut my account down. Hopefully, this does not happen in the future and I will be back to the first excitement I had. After dealing with customer service I can agree with many of the other posts that they are difficult. Lets hope it gets better. Not sure why I have to answer all these security questions if they can not be used for verification. This may be the shortest time I have ever owned a card - hopefully not.

Jul 08, 2021
Best cash back card out there!

It would be frustrating being denied this card, but that's not a reason for a negative review. I feel you can only review if you are using the card. To earn 2% cash back my guess is you need a great credit score. We're lucky to have it. We pay off our card every month and earn cash back like clockwork. No points to mess with if you don't want to. We get the cash deposited right into our bank account. Free money for things we're going to buy anyway! Plus, we had someone steal our card number. We were called immediately about suspect purchases and everything was cleared from our account. Excellent customer service and protection!

Jul 07, 2021
BEWARE of Changes

I have had this card for years. HAD. During the pandemic I only made the minimum payments, never missed and didn’t ask for any help. Get back to working and start back at making OVER payments and they lowered the limit so much that the next bill cycle closing would have put me over my new lower limit causing me to get an over limit fee. If you want to be bamboozled into over limit fees because you had to get loans during the pandemic because you weren’t working but needed money to survive, this is the perfect company for you. Otherwise I would highly recommend Capital One.

Jun 25, 2021
Best Card For Monthly Purchases and MORE!

I’ve had this card for years now and I use it to pay my monthly home expenses (cell phone, electric, alarm, water, insurance, internet, etc) and the 2% adds up fast. I also use it for large purchases (car insurance every six months) as well. It’s my go to card all the time! They raise my credit limit without me even asking.

Jun 20, 2021
Diepointed

I had this card with a 4000 limit i had just made a one time payment of 1500.00 and paid it off city dropped limit to 400.00 and took two other cards and lowered them to what i owed , well it trashed my credit , never miss a paymen on anything and alway pay more than minimim , so be were of this , i was having a ring made and i used one of my other cards and ran it up not the cities card tho and since paid it off in two months, wich was 15000.00, and total paid off across the board is 34000.00 paid since April 2021 , so as you can see i pay my bills ... now ive got my score in the upper 60s and i owe 30% across the board of my available credit, so hopfely with the new card i just took out with my credit unoin i will pay off all city cards and move forward from there and them.

Great for high flat-rate cash back††