3.8

Mar 30, 2021
How to get approved

I am definitely not a credit genius but I did come back from a very ugly score. After an accident, I lost everything. By the time I started receiving disability, my car, house, credit cards and credit score were gone. During the credit rebuild, I learned a little bit. Over a very long time, you can get your scores back as bad stuff falls off but by the time that happens, most of your good info will have fallen off your reports. So, here are some tips for people getting denied: 1. Don't trust recommendations for cards if you have a thin file. I think they just look at scores when giving recommendations. All 750 scores are really not looked at the sameThe lenders look at a lot more. Search "credit bucketing", It helped me understand what was really going on as I went down the long lonely road of rebuilding credit. 2. After your score comes back, don't go applying for everything. If possible, wait to app until you have no recent inquiries. Some lenders are crazy sensitive to them and I think CITI is one of them. 3. This worked well for me. Only app for a new card when you have around 5 percent usage on one card and zero on everything else. 4. This isn't a starter card so even if you have a good score, try to have a few years of CC payments reporting with no missed payments b4 doing an app. I applied for this card when all of my scores were over 730. I started with a secured card. Had about 3 years of on time payments on one card and 1.5 years on another card. Also had about 8 missed payments still showing from my old car loan. The missed payments were 5-6 years old and I still have 5 on my report. I had 5 % balance on one card at time of app, no inquiries and no other loans. Instant approval. $8600. Now at $10,000 and enjoying the 2% back. I sure can't explain the negative experiences for people who have used the card. I have had zero bad experiences Some people don't like having to wait for rewards to build up to $25. I would only say, if you find yourself short $25 on a regular basis, you probably won't qualify for this card.

Apr 10, 2021
Terrible

I’ve had this card for well over a year. I did a balance transfer when I got it and I never used the card for anything else. I make much higher payments than usual and I almost have it paid off. They just lowered my credit limit to what I owed. My credit score went down 60 points because of them and I never made a late payment. They treated me like dirt.

Application process
Customer service

Jan 27, 2023
Underwhelming fraud protection

Card was excellent until I was alerted by their fraud department of a slew of fraudulent charges. Unlike other credit cards, and despite the fact that their own fraud department flagged the charges as fraudulent, they will not remove the charges until their several month long investigation has completed. This means that you have two choices -- either pay for the fraudulent charges up front and hope that you get a statement credit at some indeterminate point in the future, or take a hit to your credit score, risk accruing additional interest charges on things you did not purchase, and accept a lower limit for your own spending. I've never had a credit card handle fraud in this manner. Typically, the charges are provisionally removed with the caveat that if their investigation turns up anything uncouth, you'll be liable. Then a few months go by and you'll eventually get a letter, "Yep, that was fraud. You're good." Not here. Buyer beware.

Jan 24, 2023
Says chances are good but then declines you

Has unrealistic application standards. If an almost 700 credit rating doesn't get you in nothing will.

Jan 17, 2023
APR fees??

I transferred a balance to this card and paid the transfer fee at the time. After about 19 months my credit was lowered from $15,000 to the balence transferred my credit score took a hit of 61 points. But, that’s not the best part, I paid the card off in full and I had an email of a charge for $29.90. Knowing I hadn’t charged anything I called customer service to question the charge. Well, Citibank tried to charge me for RAISING my APR and another $19 fee for my balance transfer that I already had paid. Who does that. Stay away!! This seems very shady to me. Also, please check all of your purchases every month.

Jan 12, 2023
Terrible card

I signed up with a promotion if 0% interest for 18 months and a $200 credit after spending so much in a period of time. I did. However, I never was given the 0% interest and when I inquired (twice) it was never resolved. Why would I use a card that offers no benefits and doesn’t have any helpful customer service. I have never had this type of poor service from any other card I have. I might add that the customer service reps were nice but never able to offer any help.

Jan 10, 2023
Save yourself time and get a different card

I applied for the citi double cash card a handful of time for the everyday rewards, my credit score is above 700 and my debt to income isn’t high. They deny me every time. I call and thats when I run into their horrible customer service. The first person I talked to told me she couldnt give me any information to why I was being denied and transferred me to another department where i was on hold for 45 minutes just for them to hang up on me. Wait of time and energy

Jan 08, 2023
Great rates!

They started me out with 18 months of 0% Interest on purchases. Recently they gave me 8 months at 1.99% interest. They also help me settle disputes on some merchandise I purchased that was junk.

Dec 18, 2022
Biker fox

830 Credit Rating. Pay all cards off every month. 100,00.00 credit line with Double Cash Card.

Dec 15, 2022
10 minutes

I had this card 10 minutes activated it through their app. I tried to add it on Apple Pay never received a text message for the code so I called and got the code and it never activated. I called the Citi 800 number got transferred to the fraud department answered all their questions got told they couldn’t verify my account and that they needed to send a letter to verify me with a code on it. I told them that I didn’t want the letter and to cancel my account and then they told me that I had to receive the letter before I could cancel the letter. Yes you read that right I had to receive the letter before I could cancel the letter and cancel my account. I said you can’t make this up. Will be cancelling as soon as I can. Already proved I don’t need this card or trouble in my life.

Dec 12, 2022
Will not increase my limit

It’s great that it’s accepted throughout Europe which I didn’t know my other credit cards such as Discover, Capital One, etc would not be recognized abroad. I used this card firstly as a balance transfer card to lessen the interest I was paying out for carrying my balance on a different card. I was approved and haven’t had any issues. I never carry a balance on this card anymore since paying off the original total but for some reason now after having it for a couple years they will not increase my credit limit at all. My credit score has since then, skyrocketed, yet they will not approve any request I make for a limit increase so I don’t understand that at all. Overall, it’s an average card that has its perks but it has just as many negatives.

Nov 29, 2022
Worst Customer Service

Never had this with any other bank or even close to this terrible customer service, only keeping it for the credit history but no longer using it, even asked to change to another credit card and they said it's not possible and I'll have to cancel the card and apply for new one, other banks switching cards done in a minute and without loosing the credit history.