3.8

May 16, 2019
Easiest dispute ever

I've had this card for a few years now. It's definately not my lowest interest card but it is the highest limit. It gets raised fairly easily. The most impressive thing however is the dispute center. I had a charge that I didn't recognize, clicked the blue dispute button online, and bam, I got instantly reimbursed. No phone calls, no hassle. Just done. Very impressive.

Jun 21, 2018

I have a credit score of 816 and got a instant approval for $9400. I got this card to use for my business and have had it less then a month but they have stopped it multiple times for fraud...there is no fraud I'm just using it...stopped it 3 times just in the last 24 hours. The customer service is rude on the phone and I never know if its going to work because they keep putting fraud holds on it. I've had the card for 3 weeks and have spent and paid $15,000 and have a zero balance. They are still rude on the phone...and here we go again... 4th fraud email just came thru...this is now 4 in the last 24 hours. Now time for another 30 min phone call to get it taken care of... I regret the credit inquiry and I regret getting this card... I think I'll just go back to using my discover. The main purpose of this review...which I never write reviews... is the HORRIBLE customer service.

May 18, 2022
Don't believe all of the negatives

My credit scores based on Credit Karma are 685 and 710. I applied and got a credit limit of 1500. It may not be a lot for some people, but it is for me! Only giving a 3 star review for now because I just approved for it today! Waiting 7-10 business days for my card to come in the mail. My boyfriend has a Citi credit card and likes it, but he's had it since 2004.

May 18, 2022
DO NOT Get This Card - DO use Local Credit Unions

I did the 0% interest thing, but I do NOT recommend this card. You do not get enough rewards to justify having it, and the interest rate is always over 20% APR. I recommend finding a local credit union. Seriously. I am in GA and of the 5 credit cards I have, my highest balance and LOWEST interest rate is from a credit union. Seriously. My interest rate will NEVER go over 14%. Ever. it is at 12.46% currently. Compared to my 21%-24% for the other cards (Citi Bank, Capital One, Synchrony, SunTrust/Truist). I will say the ONLY thing I like is that there are certain purchases that you can get a loan for, so say you use the card for a huge car repair... you can transfer that over into a loan through the company and it doesn't rack up NEARLY as much interest. I was only able to do this once, and have been denied every other time I have tried to use this feature, but it was cool they did that.

May 16, 2022
Double Cash

No Good Credit Card

Apr 22, 2022
Disappointed

I was told that if I applied it would not hurt my credit score. They did not tell the truth. It is showing up as a hard inquiry and dropped my score.

Apr 22, 2022
Nothing but problems

I've had a Citi checking and a few credit cards for awhile. But I will now be switching cards as a main card and I closed my checking awhile back. I've had this card for several years and never given a credit limit increase the entire time. I try every few months and denied for outdated things on my credit. I'm not perfect, but all my Fico 8s are in the 700s, utilization is around 10-15% across all cards, and the only negative thing I ever had was a few missed payments on a Capital One card where they apparently messed up my bank account change and during covid. I've straightened that out and it was over 2 years ago. I'm aware this could be the issue but calling customer service they just explain you get a try every 6 months and there is nothing they can do on their end, it's all automatic. I have 2 citi cards outside this one in my name and get credit limit increases quite frequently on these, which all should be pulling the same credit, yet this one is never considered. I can't get any answers because the letters they send out are usually denying me for the same issue, but you cannot speak to anyone that can listen. It's all just automatic. I just do not feel this is a way to do customer service. I'm not being a Karen, but I have over 100k limits with plenty of companies and feel you shouldn't be at the mercy of a system out of date or cannot speak to someone with any authority on it.

Apr 21, 2022
Citi does not protect you for covid related disput

Very disappointed in the service I received from Citi. I am a Citi Double Cash card holder. I recently contracted covid while abroad in France which resulted in my having to quarantine in my hotel. I had to cancel a train ride that was planned while I had covid. The train company refused to refund me for a $500 ticket. I thought for sure citi would have my back. I sent in my dispute with proof of my covid results and everything. They refused the dispute citing the merchant was non refundable... Incredibly disappointing that citi wouldn't protect their customers suffering from COVID.

Apr 21, 2022
Didn’t tell you

is not 2 percent cash back purchase anymore i am also not happy too.

Apr 09, 2022
Avoid Citi Cards

I had this card for awhile until they cancelled my account due to a few months of inactivity. They actually did this with 4 cards I had with them. The last Citi card I had, I received an letter in the mail stating if I don't buy something from Best Buy within the next 30 days, they'll cancel my Citi Best Buy credit card. I don't care for threats, nor would I want to do business with such a company that does, so they cancelled my final account.

Apr 07, 2022
Great

My mom has had the card for over 7 years. Has never had an issue. I’ve never had to call customer service because she has never had issues with a card.

Apr 06, 2022
Closed my account with no warning

They closed my credit account due to a lack of use which I understand,but most credit card company’s would send an email prior to closing your account to give you time to explain or use it. Citi just closed it immediately and I tried to call there customer service team and other phone numbers recommended to call in order to reopen it but they either respond that they could not help, didn’t understand what was going on or they tried to trick me in to thinking I was reopening the same account and card but really was making me reapply for a new card which would decrease my credit score. Customer service was almost nonexistent and are limited on what they can do. This isn’t my first credit card I’ve had better benefits and customer service than this. I do not recommend