A balance transfer could help you save money on your existing credit card debt. It can also help you pay down your credit card debt faster. Just pay close attention to terms and balance transfer fees before applying, and remember that balance transfer credit cards generally require a good to excellent credit rating for approval. These are some of the most popular balance transfer credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Chase Slate named "Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers" three years in a row by MONEY Magazine
- $0 Introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days of account opening
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Monthly FICO® Score and Credit Dashboard for free
- No Penalty APR - Paying late won't raise your interest rate (APR). All other account pricing and terms apply
- $0 Annual Fee
Pros & Cons
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- No annual fee
- No Penalty APR
- Must make balance transfer in the first 60 days to avoid fee
- Foreign transaction fees
Chase Slate® is a great option for consumers looking to transfer balances or take advantage of low introductory purchase rates.
What to Like
Chase Slate® offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. With no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days after opening an account, consumers can save money when transferring a large balance. Chase Slate® also features no Penalty APR for missed payments.
Look Out For
After the first 60 days the balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred or $5, whichever is greater, so you’ll want to get your transfers in early. There’s also a 3% fee on each foreign transaction.
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.24% - 21.24% Variable APR.
- Balance transfer fee of either 3% of the amount of the transfer or $10 (whichever is greater) applies
- No annual fee
- The perfect card for those seeking a simple yet convenient-to-use credit card
- $0 Liability Guarantee, so you're not responsible for any fraudulent charges made on your account
- If you apply for a card over the phone and are approved, our representatives can transfer your balance over the phone
Pros & Cons
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles on balance transfers made in the first 60 days
- No annual fee
- Need excellent credit
The BankAmericard® credit card is a no-fuss credit card perfect for carrying or transferring large monthly balances. In addition to the money-saving interest rates, the BankAmericard® credit card also offers other benefits including 24-hour travel and emergency assistance services and no annual fee, making it the perfect card for excellent credit consumers looking to save while carrying a monthly balance.
Additional Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the APR will be 12.24% - 22.24% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- 24/7 access to Citi® Concierge for help in booking hotels, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO® Scores*
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to pay for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance, vacation or cruise booking.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Earn cash back twice on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.24% - 23.24% based on your creditworthiness
- Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.