Great for smaller purchases††

$0

3.0

Feb 17, 2019
So far so good

Credit Karma says my approval chances are poor, but I received a pre-selected notice in the mail, I applied and was approved in 30 secs with a CL of $1800. My card and pin quickly arrived via mail in 7 days. I had a question about my statement closing date and called customer service. The automated prompts are super sensitive and pick up every bit of background noise and it kept errorinf out making getting to a rep a more annoying than usual but once I got to a rep they answered my question right away. If it was a rep in India I couldn't not tell. The rep was polite and spoke perfect English. Approved with 7 medical collections EX - 636 TU - 682 EQ - 666

Apr 16, 2019

Citicard is just about the worst company I dealt with and I do not recommend it to anyone if you want to avoid problems. They offered me a card, I accepted, they funded the card, and 3 weeks later they closed it without my knowledge and added a remark on my credit report "closed by Credit Grantor". This caused my credit score to plumit by 61 points, although this was due to a "Bank Error" by their own admission. They claimed they did not have a copy of my Social Security # and address. Hard to believe since they have already accepted me and issued the card. Never the less, I sent them my SS# and address through Citi Bank Branch in Selma California. They acknowledged receiving the information on time, but they failed to process it, and ending up closing my account. My score dropped by 61 points as a result of their negligence. I have been trying to work with them over the past 8 months, and they never did fix it. They caused my blood presure to rise, and wasted so much of my time, and still they did not resolve it.

Aug 17, 2021
Delivered as promised

Application was easy. Got a letter about week later telling me to call. I called and they verified it's me and I was approved $2800

Jul 14, 2021
Approved But With A Catch

I got approved with the card and I was pretty happy. BUT there is a catch. I hear other people saying that if your score goes down like a couple points Citi bank lowers your credit limit. So I would just be really careful with your credit score or your credit utilization. Currently aiming for that 800.

Jun 16, 2021
Poor chances still approved

I had like zero chance to get this card and I still got approved. Super easy and fast process. You'll need to be under 30% in revolving credit debt, over 690 fico 8 Equifax and good payment history. If you have that your chances should be pretty high.

Jun 13, 2021
Card with a purpose

This card earned my respect after one year. It rewards those with excellent credit scoreswho use it with a huge credit limit and lowest interest rate. That makes this card important to me. Also, when I buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's for a buck and use this card it rounds up that buck to ten bucks. So I get a 10X multiplier. I use this card for small purchases everytime. So look, basically just get the card and take advantage of the 0% Interest rate and sign up bonus. Use it frequently and after a year you get a nice increase in credit limit. It won't be your best card for multipliers, but it has a purpose you don't get in most cards. Plus, you will like the huge multiplier on tiny purchases, it will make you smile when you get 10X on your coffee fix.

May 08, 2021
My favorite credit card

This is a long overdue review for this card, I applied at the end of 2019 was approved with a small limit of 1K but always kept the balance under 25% after 12 months they automatically doubled my limit then 6 months after doubled it again. Rule of thumb keep your balance low with Citi and they will always increase your credit limit. And I love the points you get and gift card redemption this has become my go to card. And the customer service is amazing.

May 04, 2021
Stingy credit limit

Bad reviews overall

Apr 19, 2021
Hurt my credit

Never a missed payment and recently paid down the balance by 40 %. Immediately after they dropped my credit limit by $4000 because of one missed payment from another account on the credit report. Credit rating dropped 23 pts due to the card showing most of available credit being used.

Mar 22, 2021
Very nice so far.

I applied for the card, got approved for 4400 which I thought was a generous, healthy number. I spent 1000 within 3months to get the 15000 point welcome bonus, received it in less than a week even though they quote you up to 2 billing cycles. I am highly satisfied so far, and enjoying this as my new wallet-card for a while.

Mar 18, 2021
Dececnt card with a high limit.

I applied and was instantly approved with a credit limit of $6500. I had an 830 credit score at the time. I got my bonus as promised after spending $1k in the first 3 months. So far haven't had to contact customer service for any reason so not sure how that is.

Mar 15, 2021
Trash Practices

This card originally approved me for their diamond credit card, then switched me to the rewards. Months later, my credit limit decreased from $1800 to $610. The cause was because of my credit score decreased. I’ve always paid the card on time, but they check with your other cards which is terrible.

Great for smaller purchases††