2.9

Feb 17, 2019
So far so good

Credit Karma says my approval chances are poor, but I received a pre-selected notice in the mail, I applied and was approved in 30 secs with a CL of $1800. My card and pin quickly arrived via mail in 7 days. I had a question about my statement closing date and called customer service. The automated prompts are super sensitive and pick up every bit of background noise and it kept errorinf out making getting to a rep a more annoying than usual but once I got to a rep they answered my question right away. If it was a rep in India I couldn't not tell. The rep was polite and spoke perfect English. Approved with 7 medical collections EX - 636 TU - 682 EQ - 666

Apr 16, 2019

Citicard is just about the worst company I dealt with and I do not recommend it to anyone if you want to avoid problems. They offered me a card, I accepted, they funded the card, and 3 weeks later they closed it without my knowledge and added a remark on my credit report "closed by Credit Grantor". This caused my credit score to plumit by 61 points, although this was due to a "Bank Error" by their own admission. They claimed they did not have a copy of my Social Security # and address. Hard to believe since they have already accepted me and issued the card. Never the less, I sent them my SS# and address through Citi Bank Branch in Selma California. They acknowledged receiving the information on time, but they failed to process it, and ending up closing my account. My score dropped by 61 points as a result of their negligence. I have been trying to work with them over the past 8 months, and they never did fix it. They caused my blood presure to rise, and wasted so much of my time, and still they did not resolve it.

May 11, 2022
Closed my account

I had the card for about a year till one day without a warning they closed my account, no email, no phone call, just closed I’d, my credit score went down and they said that they closed it due to inactivity, which was literally a few months after I paid the card off

Mar 21, 2022
Never received a bill

I applied for the rewards card and was approved. Used it once and paid it off right away. My dog got sick and needed surgery so I used it for that and it was 800 dollars. I waited for a bill and waited for a bill. I checked the site and it said no payment due. I checked today it said it was due 4 days ago and I still have not received a paper bill which is on my account or an email notification. I paid off the entire bill and have no intention of using it again for anything. They apologized when I called but I suspect this happens regularly so I won't be trusting this company again. Customer service is a nightmare with this company. The automated system is horrifying and keeps you going around in a loop forever trying to get a real human being and when you do its a foreign customer service call center. I really have nothing good to say about them.

Mar 20, 2022
Great Concept; Poor Execution

Approved for a $1,500 CL; 690 TU/663 EQ score; one paid-off delinquency; somewhat limited credit history. My CK approval odds were listed as poor, but I had received 2 or 3 pre-approvals in the mail, so I finally pulled the trigger on the application and was approved instantly. Despite its rather pedestrian 2x points earned at supermarkets & gas stations, and 1x everywhere else, the Citi Rewards+ offers unique accrual mechanics that set it apart from the traditional "everyday card." Its Round Up feature means something like a $41 purchase could net you 50 points, or 100 points if at a supermarket or gas station. Similarly, anything >$10 is automatically rounded up to 10, which is especially enticing for customers like myself who frequently use a credit card to get rewarded for those small daily purchases like morning coffee. Plus, 10% of all points redeemed will be returned back to your rewards balance, so not only do points accrue rapidly, but they also go further... sort of. The allure of the Rewards+ card is marred by its lackluster redemption options. Even with its rather attainable introductory bonus of 20,000 points after $1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months, I find myself disappointed while trying to pick the fruit of my labor. There is a discouraging lack of partners in which points transfer to at a 1:1 value. You can use points to shop online at retailers such as Amazon, but each point is only worth .8 of a cent; similarly, using points towards a statement credit or to cover a purchase will only net you half a cent per point, and only a handful of purchase categories are eligible to be covered. Gift cards can be redeemed with points at a full cent per point, but they're an incentive I have little use for. Overall, the Rewards+ card is a great concept pigeonholed by the poor execution of its redemption program. For the niche customer who primarily makes sub-$10 purchases and uses a lot of gift cards, this could be a welcome addition in the pocket or purse. However, for the average cardholder, the restrictive redemption options and complicated exchange values leave this trailing behind the pack of better everyday options.

Mar 16, 2022
Waste of time

Never activated the card. $3,000 line of credit was worthless. Canceled the card as soon as it showed up. I can't believe Credit Karma promotes this card!

Aug 17, 2021
Delivered as promised

Application was easy. Got a letter about week later telling me to call. I called and they verified it's me and I was approved $2800

Jul 14, 2021
Approved But With A Catch

I got approved with the card and I was pretty happy. BUT there is a catch. I hear other people saying that if your score goes down like a couple points Citi bank lowers your credit limit. So I would just be really careful with your credit score or your credit utilization. Currently aiming for that 800.

Jun 16, 2021
Poor chances still approved

I had like zero chance to get this card and I still got approved. Super easy and fast process. You'll need to be under 30% in revolving credit debt, over 690 fico 8 Equifax and good payment history. If you have that your chances should be pretty high.

Jun 13, 2021
Card with a purpose

This card earned my respect after one year. It rewards those with excellent credit scoreswho use it with a huge credit limit and lowest interest rate. That makes this card important to me. Also, when I buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's for a buck and use this card it rounds up that buck to ten bucks. So I get a 10X multiplier. I use this card for small purchases everytime. So look, basically just get the card and take advantage of the 0% Interest rate and sign up bonus. Use it frequently and after a year you get a nice increase in credit limit. It won't be your best card for multipliers, but it has a purpose you don't get in most cards. Plus, you will like the huge multiplier on tiny purchases, it will make you smile when you get 10X on your coffee fix.

May 08, 2021
My favorite credit card

This is a long overdue review for this card, I applied at the end of 2019 was approved with a small limit of 1K but always kept the balance under 25% after 12 months they automatically doubled my limit then 6 months after doubled it again. Rule of thumb keep your balance low with Citi and they will always increase your credit limit. And I love the points you get and gift card redemption this has become my go to card. And the customer service is amazing.

Apr 19, 2021
Hurt my credit

Never a missed payment and recently paid down the balance by 40 %. Immediately after they dropped my credit limit by $4000 because of one missed payment from another account on the credit report. Credit rating dropped 23 pts due to the card showing most of available credit being used.