2.9

Mar 22, 2021
Very nice so far.

I applied for the card, got approved for 4400 which I thought was a generous, healthy number. I spent 1000 within 3months to get the 15000 point welcome bonus, received it in less than a week even though they quote you up to 2 billing cycles. I am highly satisfied so far, and enjoying this as my new wallet-card for a while.

Mar 15, 2021
Trash Practices

This card originally approved me for their diamond credit card, then switched me to the rewards. Months later, my credit limit decreased from $1800 to $610. The cause was because of my credit score decreased. I’ve always paid the card on time, but they check with your other cards which is terrible.

Aug 29, 2022
Don't take advice from Credit Karma

So I have about 6 credit cards, that all have a zero balance, yes I know the industry game. Well my credit score on all three of the crappy factions (Equifax, Transunion, and Experian) are over 715, yet I wasn't approved?!?!? ROFL, well if you are trying to cite my decision based on something from 7+ years ago, I don't want you card anyways, and this now will probably go on my report negatively and drop me a few points. Trade secret- if you don't have the money for it, don't buy it, don't give into these companies and stop believing the "suggestions" from Credit Karma!

May 11, 2022
Closed my account

I had the card for about a year till one day without a warning they closed my account, no email, no phone call, just closed I’d, my credit score went down and they said that they closed it due to inactivity, which was literally a few months after I paid the card off

Mar 21, 2022
Never received a bill

I applied for the rewards card and was approved. Used it once and paid it off right away. My dog got sick and needed surgery so I used it for that and it was 800 dollars. I waited for a bill and waited for a bill. I checked the site and it said no payment due. I checked today it said it was due 4 days ago and I still have not received a paper bill which is on my account or an email notification. I paid off the entire bill and have no intention of using it again for anything. They apologized when I called but I suspect this happens regularly so I won't be trusting this company again. Customer service is a nightmare with this company. The automated system is horrifying and keeps you going around in a loop forever trying to get a real human being and when you do its a foreign customer service call center. I really have nothing good to say about them.

Mar 20, 2022
Great Concept; Poor Execution

Approved for a $1,500 CL; 690 TU/663 EQ score; one paid-off delinquency; somewhat limited credit history. My CK approval odds were listed as poor, but I had received 2 or 3 pre-approvals in the mail, so I finally pulled the trigger on the application and was approved instantly. Despite its rather pedestrian 2x points earned at supermarkets & gas stations, and 1x everywhere else, the Citi Rewards+ offers unique accrual mechanics that set it apart from the traditional "everyday card." Its Round Up feature means something like a $41 purchase could net you 50 points, or 100 points if at a supermarket or gas station. Similarly, anything >$10 is automatically rounded up to 10, which is especially enticing for customers like myself who frequently use a credit card to get rewarded for those small daily purchases like morning coffee. Plus, 10% of all points redeemed will be returned back to your rewards balance, so not only do points accrue rapidly, but they also go further... sort of. The allure of the Rewards+ card is marred by its lackluster redemption options. Even with its rather attainable introductory bonus of 20,000 points after $1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months, I find myself disappointed while trying to pick the fruit of my labor. There is a discouraging lack of partners in which points transfer to at a 1:1 value. You can use points to shop online at retailers such as Amazon, but each point is only worth .8 of a cent; similarly, using points towards a statement credit or to cover a purchase will only net you half a cent per point, and only a handful of purchase categories are eligible to be covered. Gift cards can be redeemed with points at a full cent per point, but they're an incentive I have little use for. Overall, the Rewards+ card is a great concept pigeonholed by the poor execution of its redemption program. For the niche customer who primarily makes sub-$10 purchases and uses a lot of gift cards, this could be a welcome addition in the pocket or purse. However, for the average cardholder, the restrictive redemption options and complicated exchange values leave this trailing behind the pack of better everyday options.

Mar 16, 2022
Waste of time

Never activated the card. $3,000 line of credit was worthless. Canceled the card as soon as it showed up. I can't believe Credit Karma promotes this card!

Aug 17, 2021
Delivered as promised

Application was easy. Got a letter about week later telling me to call. I called and they verified it's me and I was approved $2800

Jul 14, 2021
Approved But With A Catch

I got approved with the card and I was pretty happy. BUT there is a catch. I hear other people saying that if your score goes down like a couple points Citi bank lowers your credit limit. So I would just be really careful with your credit score or your credit utilization. Currently aiming for that 800.

Jun 16, 2021
Poor chances still approved

I had like zero chance to get this card and I still got approved. Super easy and fast process. You'll need to be under 30% in revolving credit debt, over 690 fico 8 Equifax and good payment history. If you have that your chances should be pretty high.

Jun 13, 2021
Card with a purpose

This card earned my respect after one year. It rewards those with excellent credit scoreswho use it with a huge credit limit and lowest interest rate. That makes this card important to me. Also, when I buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's for a buck and use this card it rounds up that buck to ten bucks. So I get a 10X multiplier. I use this card for small purchases everytime. So look, basically just get the card and take advantage of the 0% Interest rate and sign up bonus. Use it frequently and after a year you get a nice increase in credit limit. It won't be your best card for multipliers, but it has a purpose you don't get in most cards. Plus, you will like the huge multiplier on tiny purchases, it will make you smile when you get 10X on your coffee fix.

May 08, 2021
My favorite credit card

This is a long overdue review for this card, I applied at the end of 2019 was approved with a small limit of 1K but always kept the balance under 25% after 12 months they automatically doubled my limit then 6 months after doubled it again. Rule of thumb keep your balance low with Citi and they will always increase your credit limit. And I love the points you get and gift card redemption this has become my go to card. And the customer service is amazing.