Home Loan Reviews

Results 1-10 of 162Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 17   Previous | Next
New house

Bought house for daughter. LO was very nice. Closed right on time. Will refinance in 6 months with AHC.

Review by

Unfair to Vets who filed bankruptcy

I think that it is unfair to Vets who had to file bankruptcy during the housing financial collapse.  They require 3 years after bankruptcy discharge date vs. the standard 2 year waiting time.  We have found other leanders who are willing to go the VA standard 2 year waiting period.

Highly Recommend!!!

From the application process to the final closing, the entire process with quick, painless, and easy. The website and app are extremely user friendly. Every time I called with a question or concern I talked with a REAL person who seemed genuinely happy to help.

Alison in TN

Review by

I had nothing but a perfect experience with my loan experience and closing.  Mike Clarke was one of the most competent Loan Officers I have ever met.  Very responsive and always available.  Had some hang ups in Proc and UW but its a different lending environment these days.  Some of these other comments are obviously from individuals who are far removed from the realities that are in this sector these days.  There is no grey area anymore- get over it.

Easy and clear

No hassle and nothing unexplained. Everything is laid out clearly and honestly. Impressive response time and follow through. thank you Jennifer, Athena, and Katrina.

NOT GOOD AT ALL!

tHEY ARE SLOW AND VERY TRICKY i WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS COMPANY TO NO ONE!

Awesome lender

I first used CapWest in Dec 2013. The process was very smooth. I like the online application and document upload features, but most of all, it's been absolutely a pleasure to work with Eve Tobar. She is extremely professional and responsive, and super friendly and helpful! Definitely going to work with her and CapWest again soon!!

Brian

Review by

No-cost mortgage loan, great service

I found Home Finance of America on Zillow, and decided to apply with them because of how many great reviews were listed. It only took 15 minutes, and I closed in about three weeks. I paid no fees, but got the same rate other companies were offering with high lender fees! I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a mortgage loan

Slow with Horrible Customer Service

I had worked with CashCall up to the point they told me my debt-to-income was too high to do a 15 year loan.  At that point I decided to go somewhere else.  A week later they called and told me they could do a 15 year, but the rates had changed, so it would be a slightly higher rate with no out-of-pocket costs.  I agreed to move forward.  A month into the process I received a phone call from a signing company telling me they'd be at my house in one hour.  I was never notified we were ready to do the final signing, found the final loan docs in my email from 2 hours earlier and had some questions since the numbers were different than what I had expected.  It took a week and a call to a supervisor to get a call back.  By this time, I was told I lost my rate once again and it was going to cost me $1500 and a rate increase of 0.1% if I wanted to move forward.  At this point I cancelled my loan process with them (sticking them with the Home Appraisal of $400) and found someone who could offer me a better deal (RoundPoint Mortgage).

Cash Call Final Offer = 15 year; 4.25%, $1500 closing fees

Round Point Final Offer = 15 year, 3.875%, $1400 closing fees

Thanks CashCall for making the process so horrible I ended up finding a better deal.

Results 1-10 of 162Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 17   Previous | Next