Student credit cards give young cardholders the opportunity to build credit. Although these cards are available to students who may have less credit history or experience, student-specific cards often have higher interest rates. To minimize costs and build credit, younger cardholders should use credit responsibly by paying in full each month, if possible. These are some of the most popular student credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- 2,500 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $25 in gift cards, electronics and other great rewards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
- Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- There's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards won't expire for the life of the account
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Pay no annual or foreign transaction fees
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
Pros & Cons
- Cash back incentive when you pay on time: 0.25% bonus
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time (where eligible)
- No foreign transaction fee or annual fee
- No bonus rewards categories
- Low credit limits
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.