Student credit cards give young cardholders the opportunity to build credit. Although these cards are available to students who may have less credit history or experience, student-specific cards often have higher interest rates. To minimize costs and build credit, younger cardholders should use credit responsibly by paying in full each month, if possible. These are some of the most popular student credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 7 months on purchases from date of account opening; after that the variable APR will be 15.99% - 25.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 2,500 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $25 in gift cards, electronics and other great rewards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases - No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No annual fee*
- Available to current students (enrollment verification is required)
- 1% unlimited cash back on all purchases
- Amazon Prime Student on us (get reimbursed for subscription fees up to a lifetime total of $49)
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Up to $5,000 credit line
- No security deposit or co-signer required
- No SSN required for international students
- Helps students build credit history and gain financial independence
- Includes Mastercard Platinum Benefits like Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Roadside Assistance, Travel Assistance Services, Price Protection, Extended Warranty and ID Theft Protection
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.