These credit cards offer bonuses once you reach a spending threshold over the first few months. With sign-up bonus credit cards, bonuses typically come in the form of cash back or other rewards. These rewards can encourage an initial burst in spending, so it's best to be prepared to pay off your balances right away so you don't end up with interest charges. These cards typically require excellent credit for approval. These are some of the most popular sign-up bonus credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Pros & Cons
- 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants
- 20% off on travel purchases made using points
- No foreign transaction fee
- Requires excellent credit
- Annual fee after the first year
- No intro APRs
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a travel rewards card aimed at excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
Cardholders get 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants, and 1 point for every other dollar spent on purchases. The Chase Ultimate Rewards program offers a 20% discount on travel purchases made using points. The card also has no foreign transaction fee and offers a 50,000 point bonus if you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
Look Out For
After the first year, there’s a $95 annual fee. There’s no intro APR for purchases or balance transfers.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Redeem for travel or cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Redemption values vary
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.24%, 20.24% or 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness. Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
Pros & Cons
- 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days
- 2x miles on all purchases
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months
- Requires good excellent credit
- High annual fee
- Balance transfer fee
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® is great for consumers with good to excellent credit who want to pile up travel rewards fast.
What to Like
Cardholders earn 2x miles on all credit card purchases. If you can budget out $3,000 in purchases for your first 90 days, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles too. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® also features a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months within 45 days of account opening, a waived annual fee in the first year and no foreign transaction fees.
Look Out For
After the first year, cardholders pay an $89 annual fee, so that should be weighed against the benefits of any rewards earned. Cardholders also pay a 3% or $5 (whichever is greater) balance transfer fee.
Additional Sign-Up Bonus Credit Cards
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months of approval, equal to $400 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles don't expire and there’s no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $59 after that
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Special Offer - Earn 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months, up to $200.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- Everyday Cash Back: 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 2% at U.S. gas stations; 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.