3.9

Dec 19, 2016
It could be better.

Approved for this card, application took about 60 seconds and I got instant approval. $1,500 CL (which I was pretty less than impressed by [FICO at 731]). The 20,000 point sign-up bonus is a little less than sub-par for gaining actual points with BoA. However, since this card comes with No Foreign Transaction Fees with NO AF and has the worldwide acceptance of being a Visa card, it's really a no-brainer to get for someone who travels out of the country or travels in general very rarely. Card looks a little more impressive in person than it does in the pictures, quite a nice shine to the card. One other downside is the amount of time it took to receive the card in the mail. BoA does not offer credit card numbers after approval so you must wait for the physical card to come in the mail. The website advertises 7-10 business days, which I laughed at and knew wouldn't be true with my history of receiving other cards much quicker than that. However, 10 business days later, this card arrived in the mail. Yes, 10 full business days. Which, depending on the day you're approved in the week could put you at almost 2 full weeks without having your card (which will also count against you spending days that you can contribute to your sign-up bonus since the bonus is given 90 days AFTER ACCOUNT OPEN; that means when you get approved not when you get the card in the mail). The sign-up bonus isn't really a whole lot of spending but I can see how that would be a problem for people to obtain having missed almost two weeks in just receiving the card. TL;DR - Fast approval, baby credit limit, sub-par sign-up bonus, no AF, no FX fees, card takes forever to get in the mail.

Feb 12, 2019
Stay away, horrible customer service

Bank of America kept freezing my card and their customer service was absolutely horrible to deal with. I am in the process of paying off this card and closing the account. It is almost impossible to use. I always pay on time and my credit score is excellent, doesn't matter to Bank of America. I have been a Bank of America banking customer since 1993, but their overall customer service has really gone done hill. I am leaving Bank of America completely and moving my banking accounts to Discover Bank, which is much better to deal with.

Aug 06, 2021
Solid card

This was my first credit card and first intro to travel cards. It's served me well and provides solid benefits. As I add new cards, I don't find myself utilizing it as much but still recommend.

Mar 21, 2021
A reasonable travel card

I've had this card for over 4 years, as of yet, I have never had any issues with it. Depending if you have a relationship with Bank of America, you can at times get bonus points (usually a percentage) with qualifying purchases. If you pay for parking, you can usually get a 10% bonus on points, which tends to add up. For example, I got about $140 in statement credit after a 4 day trip to DC where I spent about $400. This was only possible when you buy through companies that have a relationship with BoA. My only complaint about the card is I have not received any balance transfer options in over 2 years. Even if you call customer support, you are not guaranteed an offer.

Nov 30, 2020
Did not qualify score 731

Even though I had good odds and a credit score of 731 I did not qualify. Thanks alot karma

Nov 14, 2020
cancelled my account

Cancelled my account with it paid in full. Now there trying to charge me. Be careful dealing with Bank of America

Mar 10, 2020
MOST CONVENIENT CARD FOR TRAVELING

This is the only CC that I know of which do not charge you for Foreign trancactions. Saving that 3-5% goes a long way.

Jan 11, 2020
BOA Travel Rewards

I had this card for over 5 years and used it abroad only. They contacted me and noted because of non-use they were going to close the account the subsequent month. I did not receive notice soon enough so it was closed. It lowered my credit score from 824 to 809. I have the premium checking and savings account with them and they refused to reopen the account unless I reapplied for card. If they did not give me unlimited fee-free ATM use at all non-BOA machines I would end the banking relationship with BOA.

Dec 23, 2019
becareful

I had a CC with Bank of America since 1998... i moved and my mail caught up to me so i had ONE late month and they lowered my credit power from 25,000 to 200!! After ALL those years of charging huge item balances and payibng them all down. I cancelled this card .... They have ZERO dedication to their good costomers. Oh yeah doing that lowered my credit score by 25 points!!

Oct 05, 2019
No Foreign Fees, Hard to Use Points.

The only thing that this card has for itself is no Foreign/International fees. But it's almost impossible to us the points. Cash back is 3/4 of point value. Good gift cards are 4/5. Good luck trying to use the points for travel. There are limited travel options!

Sep 26, 2019

I don't recommend it, one of the worst credit card I ever had

Jul 27, 2019
Great Card

I have been a BOA customer since 1998 and only owned the original BOA card which had no rewards and therefore I did not use it. Fast forward to about 4 years ago when the Travel Rewards card came out. Because of my relationship with BOA, they gave me a good credit line and the reward points continue to add up. I charge everything on this card just for the points. My experience with customer service on the credit card side has been very good and I have received several credit line increases. When I use the points it is the equivalent on 1%.....so if I have 100,000 points, it comes out to 1,000 dollars. Furthermore, when I went to Ireland with my wife a few years ago, we charged several items and did not have a foreign exchange charge. We have used the card in the Islands with no problems as well. I would suggest to the people who have had difficulty using their cards out of town, you should set a travel notice with the bank. You can do it through the BOA website or call them directly. Just tell them where you are going and they will assist. I recommend this card