Simply free tax filing

  • $0 Federal, $0 State, $0 All forms
  • Maximum refund guaranteed*
  • Help at every step
Get my refund
4.7 out of 5 starsBased on Credit Karma Tax survey

122,587 reviews

Featured in:


Yep — you can file your taxes on Credit Karma Tax. We’ll help you prepare your federal and state returns, send them to the IRS, and get your refund. It’s like TurboTax® and H&R Block®, except 100% of people who file with us do it for free.

Easy filing for you

  • Error double-check

    Before you file, we’ll check and re-check your answers to let you know if anything’s missing.

  • Customized checklist

    We’ll track your credits, deductions and refund in one handy checklist that shows what’s left to do.

  • Easy W-2 upload

    Take a pic of your W-2, we’ll use it to fill in your return — just tap or click to confirm the info.

  • Dedicated support

    If you run into any questions along the way, we'll be there to help you out.

  • Jump start

    You can import last year’s return from H&R Block®, TurboTax® or TaxAct® to get a head start.

  • Helpful tips

    We share tips and suggestions as you go to help make the process as easy as possible.

We're committed to your privacy

  • Privacy

    We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.

  • Encryption

    We use 128-bit or higher encryption to protect the transmission of your data to our site and when we e-file your returns.

  • Login protection

    When you log in from a new device, we’ll ask you to verify your identity using your phone.

File free with our guarantee

Do your taxes totally free, start to finish, and get the max refund guaranteed.*


*If you receive a larger federal tax refund amount using the same Tax Return Information when filing an amended return through another online tax preparation service, then you may be eligible to receive a $25 gift card from Credit Karma Tax. To qualify for this guarantee: (i) you must have filed your original 2017 federal income tax return through Credit Karma Tax on or before April 16, 2018; (ii) you must be entitled to a federal tax refund from the IRS; (iii) you must have filed an amended federal income tax return using the same Tax Return Information through another online tax preparation service; (iv) your amended return must have been accepted by the IRS; (v) you must submit your complete Max Refund Guarantee claim to Credit Karma Tax no later than December 31, 2018; and (vi) the larger refund cannot be attributed to claims you make on your tax return that are contrary to law. For complete details, see Max Refund Guarantee FAQs.