Great for maximizing travel rewards††

$95

4.6

Nov 05 2020
Got $11,700 with credit score 810

I applied in October 2020 for the Chase sapphire and was approved on the spot for a credit card limit of : $11,700 . My credit score is: 810

Feb 15 2021
Awful customer service, completely uncompromising

The customer service is horrendous. I had this card for years. I live in Hawaii and used it to rack up miles for flights back to the mainland. Didn't miss a single payment and always stayed within my credit limit. Last week I saved enough to pay off my balance in one lump sum, but I forgot to cancel my automatic payment. The automatic payment overdrew my account and Chase cancelled my credit card without so much as a warning. I have spoken with multiple customer service representatives at this point all of which have been rude and contrite. On the otherhand the application process was straightforward and easy. So there's that.

All reviews

May 04 2021
Use is limited, but bonus is worth it.

The card itself offers a weak amount of points for everyday purchases, but you get this card for the intro bonus and for the increased 1.25x multiplier on UR points. The optimal play is to get this card for the intro bonus and redemption multiplier, but put all your actual spend after hitting the bonus on a Freedom card for the higher multipliers (you can pool all your UR points into the CSR account once you get them). This card also offers high credit limits, if that is your thing.

Mar 30 2021
Worth it

Solid, reliable, worthy card. Easy to maximize, great bonus, great use of points. Customer service does nothing to write home about, but they are fine. However, if you have issues with the claims or refunds or purchase protection departments, BEWARE. They can be quite apathetic and unhelpful, regardless of your level of responsibility. But all in all it’s worth it. If Amex is too much of a reach for you and you want a great rewards card, I’d turn here. The Reserve is primo, but was worried my credit score wasn’t high enough so applied with Preferred instead. I’ve had it over a year now have only had one-two inconveniences.

Mar 12 2021
Instantly approved with short credit history

I was instantly approved for $5000 line at EX 731 TU 697 EQF 691. History: 19 months credit history with car loan and 7 months history with a secured credit card. No late payments or derogatory marks. Kept secured card usage under 30%. Poor approval odds from CK.

Feb 16 2021
My first Chase card

I did extensive research and made sure I met all their requirements. I applied a few days ago and approved. My fico scores are all above 760, long credit history and I last applied for credit cards 4 years ago.

Feb 15 2021
Awful customer service, completely uncompromising

Feb 04 2021
Good card

Make sure you spend enough to break even with the annual fee.

Feb 02 2021
Great credit card

I have this credit card over 8 months now Great credit card

Jan 22 2021
Best Card Hands Down

At first I received a message stating that my application was being reviewed. I called about a week later and they told me over the phone I was approved! My score was in the mid 600s. I think it helped that I've been a Chase customer for over 10 years however, that is just a speculation. Their credit limit begins at 5k . I received my 80k points after I spent the amount required! I can't wait to use it for traveling!

Dec 15 2020
Excellent

If you're interested in this card: Try getting the Chase Freedom Unlimited first, then wait til you get an offer from Chase for the Sapphire card. Read up on articles and watch videos on how to get Chase's credit cards. Lots of great offers. Nice phone app that makes it easy to check balance and pay bills. Collecting points is fun and there are many ways to use points. I only use my Sapphire card to accumulate points. Other Chase card is collecting dust lol.

Nov 05 2020