4.6

Aug 23, 2013
Approved with Only Fair Credit

Don't be discouraged if your credit score, history isn't excellent, or you don't have other high limits. I have a 690 TU Fico and a 680 Equifax FICO, 700 on Credit Karma and they listed my chance of this card as "Poor". Also, I have 27 lates in my history, including a 90 in 2007, and a 60 in 2009 on my car loan. Only two of those 30 day lates are in the last 2.5 years though, and none in 2013. To top it off, I had no high limits on my cards. I had 2 Chase Cards with $250 & $300 limits, a BOA with $500, Capital 1 with $300, and Cap 1 turned me down for a Credit Limit Increase. Well, I went on Chase site and used their pre-qual tool, and Freedom came up, I applied and was approved for $5,000. Next day, I decided I wanted to pair with Sapphire Preferred. I thought for sure declined, but was approved for $6,000. Only telling you because it is nice to know Chase looks at other factors besides raw score and history, and if you have a similar profile to mine, don't be discouraged from applying. In my case I had $75K income, up a lot from prior years due to promotion, had paid all my cards down to zero so low Utilization, and had 2 credit cards, a checking, and a savings with Chase for years. I believe it was my combo of good debt to income & prior relationship with Chase that allowed me to be approved despite having a relatively low score. So, don't be discouraged if Credit Karma tells you "poor". And use Chase Pre-Qual, someone had told me if an offer pops up for you, there's a very good chance of approval.

May 14, 2019
Be careful! Rewards is with Third Party.

According to a Chase representative, Chase Travel is handled by a third party. "Chase Travel is not really Chase" - Chase representative. They do not accept and correct their mistakes, instead they push the responsibility onto others. I lost over $2000 because of Chase. I booked 2 round-trip tickets through Chase Travel. There were issues with my flight, so I called Chase Travel for a solution. The representative offered and cancelled my entire flight and said that I have airline credit for those 2 tickets. Chase Travel sent me a "Cancelled Flight Credit Voucher" containing my airline credit amount, confirmation code, and itinerary number. However, when I tried to book, I could not use those credits. From then on, I spent 5 additional days in another country and over 200USD worth in phone bills from calling Chase. The following are the outcomes/responses/actions that occurred during those 20+ hours of phone calls: Chase would tell me that my airline credit is with the airline, therefore I need to book directly through the airline. I called to book with the airline, but they told me that they had no record of my credit and that these credits should be handled by the third party (Chase Travel). I called Chase back, Chase calls the airline, and the result is that my credit wasn't approved (?) even though I received an official email voucher. I tell Chase it was their decision to cancel my flight (my party asked for the best solution to the missed flight and this was what Chase provided) so the responsibility should be on them. Chase tells me they need to check their recordings and investigate the situation, I tell them to call me back when the investigation is done, they never call me back. I called a couple more times to look for an immediate solution and one representative said they can fly me home the next day for a flight costing 2000 - 4000USD. I hung up and called again, a different representative said there is no flight until 3 weeks later. I hung up and booked a separate flight home by myself and went to a Chase Branch for assistance. I was informed there is nothing they could do except to make a call to Chase Travel and file for Chase Escalations. So we called Chase Travel for 2+ hours at the office and was told that I had made a call to them on a date that I did not. Then, I was told that the airline credit should have been refunded. When I said it was not, the representative said it is in the process of being refunded. I told her to give me information to check on that, so she said she will contact the ticketing department and put me on hold. I asked her to call me back when she has the confirmation about the refund, but she never did. The escalation was then filed, but it was the same exact thing that had been happening over my 20+ hours of phone call - they told me to contact the airline. I called the airline again because Chase Escalation's representative was giving me attitude for not checking again, but the result was the same - the airline had no record. I called Chase Escalation to give them the update and now they are ignoring my calls. Before the escalations, there was also no record of my case. I had asked about call-back numbers, case numbers, names, but Chase would tell me there is none of that. I cannot contact them to follow-up. It has been over a month and this issue is still unsolved. Chase is great if there are no issues, but if there is... good luck.

Oct 19, 2021
Approved with 690 credit score

Went into chase bank and got automatically approved. Utilization at 13%, chase bank credit score of FICO 690, credit karma of 699 TU and 693 at EQ. AT 4/24, right under the 5/24 rule.

Oct 11, 2021
Horrible, terrible

I paid my card off in full after refinancing, they then cut my credit by 75 % and screwed my credit score up

Aug 17, 2021
Approved with low credit

If you are below Chase’s 5/24 rule, don’t be scared to apply for this card. I applied with a 654 TU and 653 Equifax on credit karma. I believe my most recent FICO score is a 628. The card wasn’t even available in my recommended after I signed in on credit karma, and I had no pre-qualified offers from Chase. I even closed my checking account with them this week because of a sign up offer I got from Capital One, so my preexisting relationship with them was over when I applied. I have 100% on time payment history, extremely high utilization (50%+ total), and a lot of recent inquiries (6+). Average account age is decent, but will go down next month. I was, however, at 4/24 for Chase’s 5/24 policy, so I decided to give it a shot because of the crazy 100k sign up offer. Approved for $10,800 limit!!

Aug 07, 2021
Approved for 33k 3 days after BK fell off

I've been wanting this card for a while and applied several times but instantly denied due to bk on my report. Chase doesn't do a hard pull with a bk so no damage. My bk fell off my report on 8/3. I decided to try in-branch on 8/6. My relationship banker assisted me with the app. She submitted the app and was shocked that I was approved for 33.4k @ 15.99%. A week ago I was instantly denied online as usual because of my BK. Chase don't mess around when you have one on your report even if you worked hard to bring your credit up. For reference my Experian which was the CRA they pulled was @ 690 the month before and increased 114 points to 804 when BK fell off. If you have a bk don't even bother. Just focus on building your credit and when the fall off date comes you'll be ready.

Jun 30, 2021
Don't apply if you have a BK

I applied and was soley denied due to a BK almost 7 years ago. Mid 700's credit score.

Jun 29, 2021
Wonderful Credit Card! Great Credit Lines

When I first applied, my credit on CK was 745 with a credit card utilazation at 50%. I received a $16K-CL. One year later I requested a Credit Line increase to $30K with a 5-10% Credit Card Utilization (CK credit 790 - Credit goes way up when your utilization goes down) with a pending status and approved a few days later. Great Card! Do not need to worry about being declined anywhere. Super confident card to use.

Jun 27, 2021
Credit score was great but I got denied

I tried to apply given the fact of my credit score is 792 and I still got denied even though credit karma said I have a very good approval odds shows what I know

Jun 25, 2021
Dreamed, applied, denied until I was approved

Great card, great rewards plus bonuses. Can pay for itself, plus some. My points this far have gone to an iphone and ipad after 1 year/1 month. I applied for this card more than once and chase is tough on their standards, but not impossible. I got this card after years of working to rebuild my credit and the 5/24 didn't apply to me somehow when I applied for this card last time, think I opened nearly 10 new cards the year before. Got a total of 17 accounts now, I don't recommend for an amateur but if you are organized you can manage it. Most accounts I keep at a balance of $100 or less. It's been 1 year/1 month now with chase and got my first credit increase. I called customer service once and I have my concerns they are lacking in that department and I've yet to have a serious problem. My other credit cards have better customer service and we're fast acting in an emergency situation and resolved in a timely matter, I hope chase can do the same the day it happens to me again.

Jun 23, 2021
Got approved instantly!

I had been wanting this card for a long time and worked hard on improving my credit. I recently went out on a limb and applied for it even though I was highly skeptical of actually getting approved. To my surprise I got approved instantly after applying on their website. I had a T/U 680, Experian 711 and Equifax 589. I have had a Freedom Flex since 2012 though.

Jun 22, 2021
Approved 758

I got approved for by 5000 with a 758 fico 708 TU and 709 equifax on CK just do your research on the credit cards and on your score and you should have a good idea if you’ll get approved or not. My CK odds said “fair” but that didn’t stop me from getting approved. Good luck!