Great for maximizing travel rewards††

$95

4.3

Aug 23 2013
Approved with Only Fair Credit

Don't be discouraged if your credit score, history isn't excellent, or you don't have other high limits. I have a 690 TU Fico and a 680 Equifax FICO, 700 on Credit Karma and they listed my chance of this card as "Poor". Also, I have 27 lates in my history, including a 90 in 2007, and a 60 in 2009 on my car loan. Only two of those 30 day lates are in the last 2.5 years though, and none in 2013. To top it off, I had no high limits on my cards. I had 2 Chase Cards with $250 & $300 limits, a BOA with $500, Capital 1 with $300, and Cap 1 turned me down for a Credit Limit Increase. Well, I went on Chase site and used their pre-qual tool, and Freedom came up, I applied and was approved for $5,000. Next day, I decided I wanted to pair with Sapphire Preferred. I thought for sure declined, but was approved for $6,000. Only telling you because it is nice to know Chase looks at other factors besides raw score and history, and if you have a similar profile to mine, don't be discouraged from applying. In my case I had $75K income, up a lot from prior years due to promotion, had paid all my cards down to zero so low Utilization, and had 2 credit cards, a checking, and a savings with Chase for years. I believe it was my combo of good debt to income & prior relationship with Chase that allowed me to be approved despite having a relatively low score. So, don't be discouraged if Credit Karma tells you "poor". And use Chase Pre-Qual, someone had told me if an offer pops up for you, there's a very good chance of approval.

May 14 2019
Be careful! Rewards is with Third Party.

According to a Chase representative, Chase Travel is handled by a third party. "Chase Travel is not really Chase" - Chase representative. They do not accept and correct their mistakes, instead they push the responsibility onto others. I lost over $2000 because of Chase. I booked 2 round-trip tickets through Chase Travel. There were issues with my flight, so I called Chase Travel for a solution. The representative offered and cancelled my entire flight and said that I have airline credit for those 2 tickets. Chase Travel sent me a "Cancelled Flight Credit Voucher" containing my airline credit amount, confirmation code, and itinerary number. However, when I tried to book, I could not use those credits. From then on, I spent 5 additional days in another country and over 200USD worth in phone bills from calling Chase. The following are the outcomes/responses/actions that occurred during those 20+ hours of phone calls: Chase would tell me that my airline credit is with the airline, therefore I need to book directly through the airline. I called to book with the airline, but they told me that they had no record of my credit and that these credits should be handled by the third party (Chase Travel). I called Chase back, Chase calls the airline, and the result is that my credit wasn't approved (?) even though I received an official email voucher. I tell Chase it was their decision to cancel my flight (my party asked for the best solution to the missed flight and this was what Chase provided) so the responsibility should be on them. Chase tells me they need to check their recordings and investigate the situation, I tell them to call me back when the investigation is done, they never call me back. I called a couple more times to look for an immediate solution and one representative said they can fly me home the next day for a flight costing 2000 - 4000USD. I hung up and called again, a different representative said there is no flight until 3 weeks later. I hung up and booked a separate flight home by myself and went to a Chase Branch for assistance. I was informed there is nothing they could do except to make a call to Chase Travel and file for Chase Escalations. So we called Chase Travel for 2+ hours at the office and was told that I had made a call to them on a date that I did not. Then, I was told that the airline credit should have been refunded. When I said it was not, the representative said it is in the process of being refunded. I told her to give me information to check on that, so she said she will contact the ticketing department and put me on hold. I asked her to call me back when she has the confirmation about the refund, but she never did. The escalation was then filed, but it was the same exact thing that had been happening over my 20+ hours of phone call - they told me to contact the airline. I called the airline again because Chase Escalation's representative was giving me attitude for not checking again, but the result was the same - the airline had no record. I called Chase Escalation to give them the update and now they are ignoring my calls. Before the escalations, there was also no record of my case. I had asked about call-back numbers, case numbers, names, but Chase would tell me there is none of that. I cannot contact them to follow-up. It has been over a month and this issue is still unsolved. Chase is great if there are no issues, but if there is... good luck.

Aug 02 2020
Great card

This is a awesome credit card with the best bank. Leave it at that.

Jul 29 2020

Jul 27 2020

Jul 13 2020
WOW!! WHY??

Ok, I am not completely going to bash Chase like others but I guess my rating will give you a hint of how I feel about their choice to deny me. I am just sharing my experience to try and help others. I almost had to laugh when I received an instant DENIAL from my application. My credit score on Credit Karma is a 750 avg and over 800 (in the real world) by the big 3 credit bureaus, so go figure. I know some have been approved with a much lower credit score so I would assume if you currently have an account with chase you may have a better chance than someone like me that has no ties to Chase at all. Just some food for thought, good luck!!

Jul 09 2020
Very Good Card

Good customer service better than standard chase but not as good as amex

Jun 05 2020
Wrong Credit Score information on Credit Karma

I had a suggestion from Credit Karma for this card, and I also talked with my friend who have this card. I got positive reviews for this cars so applied for this when my credit score was 741 as per Credit Karma. But I got declined and when I received mail from the Chase it shows my credit score was 712 on TransUnion. So basically the credit score that Credit Karma shows here aren’t Perfect or real.

May 10 2020
Approved instantly with Fair Credit

I applied with a 685 credit score. Instantly approved. CK actually gave me better odds on the Sapphire Reserve, but I don’t currently travel enough to justify the fee. Will likely upgrade or reapply later for the Reserve.

May 10 2020

May 04 2020

Apr 17 2020
If you like having a good credit go elsewhere

I used to have pristine credit until this card. They hit you for everything. If you simply dispute a transaction they will hit your credit HARD! If your bank is late 1 day they hit your credit HARD. The customer service is pretentious and if you are a millennial expect little respect regardless of if your credit score is near perfect. It is businesses like this that are ruining America.

Great for maximizing travel rewards††