No foreign transaction fee credit cards could help you save money while traveling. With these cards, you can spend abroad without worrying about the foreign transaction fees that are often included on other cards. Many credit cards without foreign transaction fees also come with other perks, like cash back and bonus points. These are some of the most popular no foreign transaction fee credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Terms Apply.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Pros & Cons
- $100 airline fee credit every year
- Airline points transfer partners
- Opportunities for hotel credit and room upgrade with The Hotel Collection
- Annual fee after the first year ($195)
- Limited international acceptance
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is a charge card with great rewards that’s aimed at good-to-excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
There are plenty of ways to earn rewards with this card. You can earn 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines, 2x points at eligible gas stations, restaurants, and supermarkets and 1x points on other eligible purchases. There’s also a rewards bonus if you meet minimum spending requirements, no annual fee for the first year and no pre-set spending limit.
Look Out For
This is a charge card, meaning you’re required to pay your balance in full each month. There’s also a $195 annual fee after your first year and no pre-set spending limit doesn’t mean unlimited spending.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire
- 20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days - that can be a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want – you’re not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees
- Comes with chip technology for enhanced security and protection at chip-enabled terminals
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases, then 15.99% - 23.99% Variable APR
- Get an additional 10% customer points bonus on every purchase when you have an active Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you’re a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%
Pros & Cons
- 1.5x points on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fee or annual fee
- No points transfer partners
Additional No Foreign Transaction Fees Cards
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $400 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $59 after that
- Get a metal Venture Card when you apply today
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.