Regular purchase APR

1983 Reviews

May 04 2017
It worked out for me.
CreditKarma Member

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04 2018
As advertised with draconian interest
CreditKarma Member

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

Jan 17 2020

Jan 15 2020
Years of no limit increase
CreditKarma Member

They won’t increase my limit for no reason. Says it’s been too recent but it’s been a long time.

Jan 14 2020
The best starter card you will find
CreditKarma Member

Everything they promise, payments post quickly and increases regularly

Jan 08 2020
Best Credit Card Provider
CreditKarma Member

Capital One is a great company. I have a car loan with C1 and now a credit card. Customer Service to resolve any issues

Jan 07 2020

Jan 06 2020

Jan 05 2020
Great for Credit
CreditKarma Member

This is a really great card to have to fall back on if you are having hard times the only downfall is the increasing of your limit

Jan 02 2020
Good jump-start card
CreditKarma Member

I had this card once before and ended up closing the account due to late payments. my credit score was in the mid 500s. A little over a year later I got this card again but I was in a better financial situation. I’ve had the card for 8 months and with the help of it and paying off some small debt I had my credit jumped 100 points. Definitely recommend for young adults and anyone trying to kick start their credit

Dec 26 2019

Dec 19 2019
Worth it!
CreditKarma Member

Pros: Great card I've have in my wallet! The apr is a bit high but you really don't feel it as your handling the card right. My score been on a steady gain with this account as my credit limit has gone up pretty decent rate. Cons: None, get the card it's worth it.

1-10 of 1983