4.4
2024 Reviews

May 04, 2017
It worked out for me.

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04, 2018
As advertised with draconian interest

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

All member reviews (2024)

Sep 30, 2022
Great credit builder

My credit was pretty rough but I was able to get approved for $500. I rarely use the card so the balances are always $0 or close to so this has been helping rebuild my credit.

Sep 28, 2022
Excellent Card

Credit karma said poor chance of approval and with a lower 600's credit score was approved for several thousand dollar limit. Not the best rewards card but excellent limit and positively effected my credit score right away. Highly recommend. Great capital one app as well.

Sep 22, 2022
Fair chance my a

Great score, 100% on time payments, less than 20% usage per month, still nothing

Sep 14, 2022
Had Excellent odds

Applied and still denied

Sep 09, 2022
DOES NOT RETURN DEPOSIT

Waiting 4 months to get my deposit of 600 instead of $1000 (??) -Didn't close card per request -Didn't mail check -Doesnt know where to mail the check -Branch office said not their business -Wants state ID not federal -4 months to get deposit by check, 2 hours to open credit card via internet Extremely unsatisfied. Never needed the card because no benefits. A. Brodsky philosophy BA

Sep 08, 2022
Capital One GAVE ME MY SECOND CHANCE

Guys, let me tell you, I didn’t expect much at all when I applied for this card. I had a 615/617 on Credit Karma with one collection account ($450 balance, currently being paid off at about $100/mo) as well as a 96% payment history, lots of inquiries, and more at time of application. Hell, I would have understood if the most they could have approved me for is $500. Folks, I write now to tell you that I was approved for $3K!! My credit score should see a significant bump after this. Application process was simple and smooth, and an issue that I had getting into my account during setup was fixed within minutes after a call to customer service. I have made many dumb purchases and decisions in the past, but I am ready to recover and give myself a chance to enjoy the finer things in life. Thank you Credit Karma and Capital One!!

Aug 29, 2022
It says odds are good but that was fake news

Applied with good odds of approval and I even have a fair credit score, not to mention I have 2 capital one cards. I was just trying to lower the CCU like CK suggested and nope denied.

Aug 27, 2022
All they keep saying is that it's a outstanding ch

They just say that you have excellent ratings of four and a half five stars when all it does is just the opposite ruin my score even worse making me start all over again being denied 9 out of 10 times when I'm with my credit score was over 750 at one time my house is worth $130,000 paid for it's just some way to take my money and keep ruining my credit score and it makes it harder and harder I'm about to Rob just denying all these cards that they keep throwing at me because I'm lucky if I get one

Aug 20, 2022
I have this card

Not sure why credit karma saying I have a poor approval rating for this card. But I have it and I love it yes $700 credit limit isn't good but Hey it works so so not sure why credit karma saying that I have a poor approval rating but it's credit karma what do you expect.

Aug 18, 2022
Very easy application

Simple 5 minute process and got instantly approved. It actually gave me a limit of $3000 with a 680 eq 669 tu

1-10 of 2024