4.4
2011 Reviews

May 04, 2017
It worked out for me.

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04, 2018
As advertised with draconian interest

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

All member reviews (2011)

Aug 26, 2021
Easy to Get, Low limit, No Annual Fee

This was the first card I got to rebuild a low 500 credit score. I've had it for 18 months, and in the meantime have gotten half a dozen non-secured cards, and bought 2 new cars (Mazda and Toyota). It's a good start, particularly if you use it like a debit card, not a credit card. I pay all of my credit cards off every month. The point of the card is to build credit, not to make minimum payments on a $300-600 debt. They are terrible at giving credit increases. Even though I have $1,000 cards and a $2,000 card from Discover, and I pay every credit card off 100% every month, they will not increase my credit. I use this one for gas and groceries only. Their "Credit Report" is no good. They are lowball your credit score after you get the card, in order to keep you thinking you have bad credit. Every card I own has a credit score feature. They all say my score is around 670. Capital One says my credit is 590. It's not a total rip-off card like the offers that want a $150 annual fee. It's a good start to rebuilding if you use it like a debit card and pay it off every month.

Aug 07, 2021
Great

I kept getting capital one pre Qualify letter in the mail so I just decided to apply I was scared at first because I have 2 dismissed bankruptcy on my credit report that’s 2 yrs old I was approved for a 2000 credit limit I was so surprised and my credit score is a 640 when I apply so I hope this helps any one

Jul 18, 2021
worst experience with customer service

I referred this card to my son. He received a high credit limit with no problem after I established him by adding him as a authorized user on my credit card. He applied for the walmart capital one, got approved, used the card, and then they put a restriction on the card. ok they asked for additional id. we submitted it and then they said they needed a bank statement for additional id. I sent the top portion with the bank, account number, date, name and proof address ( which was the second proof of address by the way), then they said they needed to see the full statement even after they called the bank to verify that was his account. I said I'm not doing that. Not only did they loose him as a customer, they lost three of us because we have other cards with a higher limit.

Jul 09, 2021
Had it for years, Good card

Had this at a 500 score with $300. They moved me to $500 for YEARS then to $800 for my 10th. I was now in the high 600 score and others started giving me high credit limits. Out of the blue, they gave me $3000 after ten years of consistent great relationship. I thought, "what took yall so long? I been a good customer!" Then they sent me a offer for the Platinum master too! Easy website, easy app and they have good banking options too!

Jul 06, 2021
WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT EVER

DON'T GET ANT CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS, CONTACTING THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT SUCKS!!!

Jul 05, 2021
Poor Credit Card Company on Increases

I have 3 cards with this company and since I've had them I have asked for credit line increase and they deny you every time. I have paid them all off and they just sit there. I won't use a card that won't give me an increase, I have been with them 3years and nothing. They go off credit score from 2 months ago when they review for increase instead of using current score being my score has gone up almost 70 points it's ridiculous. That's alright I have other cards and I constantly get increases with them and most times I don't even have to ask. So Capital One you want me to use your cards then increase my limits to make it enticing and will make me want to use your cards.

Jun 25, 2021
Garbage

This card has effected my credit score tremendously and affected my fico score also don’t recommend this card to nobody

May 19, 2021
Second Chance

I included my last two Capital One cards in my bankruptcy. 9 months after my bankruptcy was discharged, I did the prequalify on their site and was APPROVED FOR A $2000 credit limit.

Feb 01, 2021
dissappointed

I was a customer for years! They did start by giving me an increase after my 6 months. after that they refused me to have an increase. i Only applied once a year right after the month i First opened my account and got denied each time I also kept my annual income updated. I paid all my bills in full each time. i used the card about every 3 month to make sure it didn't go dormant and go against my credit. It helped my score for roughly a year and then it just capped out and didn't really help me anymore. This was not my first card so when i found a credit card with less APR and more Credit line. i closed my account down. I never had to call customer service so i don't know how that part is.

Dec 18, 2020
Well, we will see

just got approved for this card. $300.00 CL I hope it will help me build my credit. I'll let y'all know

1-10 of 2011