4.4
2014 Reviews

May 04, 2017
It worked out for me.

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04, 2018
As advertised with draconian interest

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

All member reviews (2014)

May 21, 2022
$75 Surprise Fee!!! After using card once

Suppose to be No Fee!!!!! Lies!!!

Mar 25, 2022
Its sucks!!!

I had a card. A comapny E Harminy charged me a year later and it was declined to my card locked. I ordered a new card. The new card was in the mail when I got another decline where they charged again. The card wasnt even received. I called for the sixth time to say they would send another xard. They would not block rhe merchant and I cancelled my card and they are by far the WORST xard ever! Rude customer service and glat out dont care for uour service or back any of there guaeantee. I spend 2000.00 plus on this xard and paid it off in the last month and they SUCK! Avoid at ALL cost!!!

Mar 14, 2022
They are really here to help you get better.

I can't say enough about Capital One. My hats off to this company. Thank you for standing by me in a very hard place in life, you didn't write me off. My credit card was first, then my checkings account I just made my main. I'm very pleased and look forward to doing bigger and better things with Capital One.

Jan 26, 2022
Nice on first payment

My first payment was $915 and shows up on first business day. Now i make the second payment of $674 and still doesn’t show it on my account. Now the Custumer service says because is a new account takes 7 business days to show up because 674 is a large amount, so why this doesn’t happen with $900 sucks

Jan 17, 2022
Was totally let down

I have superior credit and charged over $100,000 on this card over the years. I had a $50,000 savings with them and 2 cards with $30,000 limits.I had a dispute with HOTELWIZ and Capital One totally let me down in the dispute. I ended my relationship and went to Citibank.

Aug 26, 2021
Easy to Get, Low limit, No Annual Fee

This was the first card I got to rebuild a low 500 credit score. I've had it for 18 months, and in the meantime have gotten half a dozen non-secured cards, and bought 2 new cars (Mazda and Toyota). It's a good start, particularly if you use it like a debit card, not a credit card. I pay all of my credit cards off every month. The point of the card is to build credit, not to make minimum payments on a $300-600 debt. They are terrible at giving credit increases. Even though I have $1,000 cards and a $2,000 card from Discover, and I pay every credit card off 100% every month, they will not increase my credit. I use this one for gas and groceries only. Their "Credit Report" is no good. They are lowball your credit score after you get the card, in order to keep you thinking you have bad credit. Every card I own has a credit score feature. They all say my score is around 670. Capital One says my credit is 590. It's not a total rip-off card like the offers that want a $150 annual fee. It's a good start to rebuilding if you use it like a debit card and pay it off every month.

Aug 07, 2021
Great

I kept getting capital one pre Qualify letter in the mail so I just decided to apply I was scared at first because I have 2 dismissed bankruptcy on my credit report that’s 2 yrs old I was approved for a 2000 credit limit I was so surprised and my credit score is a 640 when I apply so I hope this helps any one

Jul 18, 2021
worst experience with customer service

I referred this card to my son. He received a high credit limit with no problem after I established him by adding him as a authorized user on my credit card. He applied for the walmart capital one, got approved, used the card, and then they put a restriction on the card. ok they asked for additional id. we submitted it and then they said they needed a bank statement for additional id. I sent the top portion with the bank, account number, date, name and proof address ( which was the second proof of address by the way), then they said they needed to see the full statement even after they called the bank to verify that was his account. I said I'm not doing that. Not only did they loose him as a customer, they lost three of us because we have other cards with a higher limit.

Jul 09, 2021
Had it for years, Good card

Had this at a 500 score with $300. They moved me to $500 for YEARS then to $800 for my 10th. I was now in the high 600 score and others started giving me high credit limits. Out of the blue, they gave me $3000 after ten years of consistent great relationship. I thought, "what took yall so long? I been a good customer!" Then they sent me a offer for the Platinum master too! Easy website, easy app and they have good banking options too!

Jul 06, 2021
WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT EVER

DON'T GET ANT CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS, CONTACTING THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT SUCKS!!!

1-10 of 2014