Regular purchase APR

1989 Reviews

May 04 2017
It worked out for me.
CreditKarma Member

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04 2018
As advertised with draconian interest
CreditKarma Member

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

Feb 22 2020

Feb 15 2020

Feb 04 2020
Great Card
CreditKarma Member

Been approved twice with this card, with limited/bad credit. Has helped build my credit greatly. Highly recommended.

Feb 02 2020
Fantastic To Dal With!
CreditKarma Member

Capital One is absolutely fantastic! I had some missteps and issues in my past, ended up having to file bankruptcy, which included two Capital One cards. After my discharge from bankruptcy, Capital One was the very first card company to offer me a fresh start, and I will be forever grateful to them for this second chance.

Jan 30 2020
It was what they said and it works
CreditKarma Member

I have had no problems using the card anywhere. Was approve instantly it arrived in the two weeks they said it would. They even adjusted my due date. For my convenience

Jan 29 2020
Horrible (deserves -5 star)
CreditKarma Member

Just an overall horrible experience. I wouldn’t recommend capital one to anyone. Not for banking or credit. Your better off with a prepaid discover card. Their just to big and screw up everything. If you drive a truck otr don’t walk , run the other way. I do realize it’s a starter card. I faired far better with Target and Discover to build my score. Capital one is bottom of the barrel.

Jan 29 2020
Approved but could not use.
CreditKarma Member

I received this card and the first time I tried to use it, I found it was blocked. Very embarrassing! I called Capital One and they wanted me to send in copies of my driver's license and other documents to prove that I am really the owner of this card. Customer servicer kept me on the line while she kept checking on things. I ended up cancelling the card and the only thing it really did for me was lower my credit score since they had checked my credit. Not worth the time at all.. I never had an experience like this with any other credit card company. Why issue a card and then block it before I could even use it?

Jan 28 2020

Jan 21 2020
Good card
CreditKarma Member

I have had my card for a number of years. Made all payments on time. I had 1 increase, nothing since. I called with a few easy questions. My income updated in a timely manner . But l can't get another increase.

Jan 17 2020