4.0
2000 Reviews

May 04 2017
It worked out for me.

I applied for the Capital One Platinum almost a year ago and was approved with a $300 limit. At the time my scores were TU 502, EQ 530, EX 680. I called customer service after the 4th statement with a question/concern and was upgraded to the Quicksilver and my limit was increased to $400. After the 6th statement my limit automatically was increased to $750, I wasn?t impressed as I was using the card a lot and making multiple monthly payments totaling $400-$700 sometimes leaving a balance of $30-$60 at the time each month closed.? So I just received my 11th statement, my balance was $0 and to my surprise my limit was increased to $3,250. My scores have increased greatly in 11 months, TU 762, EQ 741, EX 763.? The few times I?ve needed to call customer service they?ve always been able to resolve any issues I might have had fairly quick, the times I?ve been double charged I get notified and quickly get my account credited, I find the Android app extremely easy to use, make payments, view monthly statements? The high interest rate doesn?t bother me as I pay my balance off before the period ends but I plan on calling in 2-3 months and ask if it can be lowered.? I?m extremely grateful Capital One gave me chance after I destroyed my credit when I was young and dumb. Hope this review is helpful to many and good luck!?

Apr 04 2018
As advertised with draconian interest

It has a trigger online that does not allow for payments after 8pm EST. You have to call to put a payment through, they may mark it as late and charge you an additional $25

Jun 07 2020
Best card I've ever had!

For my credit rebuild, well it took awhile. From 300 to 1500 so far. Im military, I've used it everywhere. Was easy to set my payments up online. CS easy to talk to and they will help with any problem. BEST CARD I'VE EVER HAD.

Apr 16 2020
Fresh start or rebuilding

I had to rebuild my credit. Fingerhut and Capital One cards are the best when trying to start over or to start building. Be smart by something under $50 pay it off or set up bi weekly payments. Do this for 4 -5 months straight on time payments watch how your credit score improves less then 6 months. Thank you credit karma for keep me on my toes.

Apr 10 2020
Disappointed Card Holder

Based on my past and recent experience,I have found it necessary to share my experience with this company. My main concern is the high interest rates and the unwillingness of Capital One Credit Card to lower my personal and business card rates, especially during these uncertain times. Because this is my oldest credit card, I have been reluctant to close the accounts. Because of my several attempts to work with this company to reach a middle ground with a lower rate, and until I can pay off the final card, I have decided to share my unfortunate disappointment and dissatisfaction with how I as a loyal card holder am not being heard. I have paid off an auto loan, paid off a credit card, and even with my history with this company they are still unwilling to lower my rate. Needless to say, this is a horrible card to have in your wallet. All I have ever heard is I am sorry at this time we have no incentives for you to lower your rate. Capital One Credit Cards are not worth the hassle and I do not recommend.

Mar 24 2020

Mar 24 2020
Gave me a chance after Bankruptcy

I was approved several months after my Bankruptcy. I might only have a $300.00 credit limit. I have been paying the card several times a month to keep my balance low. Pay on time and use responsibly. I do plan on seeing if I can get a credit increase after 6 months or so.

Mar 19 2020
Awesome Starter Card

I was very worried about applying for a credit card. I didn't have to put down a deposit and was automatically approved. My credit score was 507. I was approved for a $300 credit limit. It's been great in cases of not having money. Never had a declined purchase. Customer service was awesome.

Mar 16 2020
No Customer Service

Their website and features are OK, but their customer service in non existent. You might as well not call them because you won't get anything more than their website with a click of the button.

Mar 11 2020
Not an easy approval process

Don't waste your time. Not an easy approval process although "credit repair" sites promote that it is.

Mar 05 2020
Don’t apply

I applied to this after Ck recommended this card. I should have listened to the reviews. I have a credit score of about 560-570 and I was denied very quickly. I’ve only had one previous credit card that I dropped the ball on three years ago and paid off since. Don’t apply for this card.

Mar 02 2020
Awesome

I love my card. I’ve established a huge amount of points ,thanks to capital one .

1-10 of 2000