4.5

Apr 25, 2021
Great Card

Started out with a 590 score. Got this card among others, paid the balance off every month for 6 months and just got a Score of 706...... P.S. Credit line went from 500 to 1000. Thanks CK.

Apr 03, 2021
Shame Shame, not worth it

Well, my fico score was low when I applied for this card and they started me off with 300.00. 3 years goes by and applied for few more cards and my score is in the high 700. I'm still not sure why I'm still stuck on 300$ credit. I maxed it out few time and paid it off on time. I never missed a payment while my other cards increased into the thousands. I may cancel this card.

Nov 23, 2022
Credit karma

700 CS 2 guarantees and denied both y’all owe me 100$$$$ pay up @creditkarma lol

Nov 20, 2022
No Good

Someone use my card they did nothing.

Nov 17, 2022
Do not recommend at all

They do not cover you for fraud. My purse was stolen and my card was inside. The person spent over $800 on my card. I contacted Avant right away and they said I’m responsible for the charges. Fraud department never answers the phone. Rebecca was my case worker she never once returned my calls. The customer service reps hang up on you. They pretend to get their supervisors but really they just hang up on you. I do not recommend this card to anyone ever. Capital one is way better

Nov 15, 2022
Decreased credit limit

Started with a $3,000.00 credit limit. Never missed a payment, or had a late payment. They decreased my credit limit by $1,000.00. The AA letter they sent me stated the I had gone over my credit limit several times. I have never gone over my credit limit. Paying off this card and cutting it up! DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CARD!

Nov 14, 2022
Shady company and neverending fees

If you're considering applying for an Avant Card, don't. I paid off my entire card balance long before the 12 month no interest period ended because I didn't want to deal with paying interest rates. They still charged me interest almost three months later (?!) along with an additional fee that came out of nowhere. It wasn't an annual fee for keeping the card active since my card doesn't have that. The customer service reps were useless and couldn't give me a straight answer about what it was. ALSO: There was an issue a few months ago where a third party in another state somehow used my card (I've only used this card for one purchase in my state) and Avant immediately charged me a fee for that too instead of notifying me know about the fraud. I only found out someone was using my card after seeing my statements. How are you going to charge someone for getting scammed?? Anyway, they resolved that once I complained. An absolute joke of a company. I ended up paying the new fees anyway to avoid it impacting my credit score (which I've worked extremely hard for and is at 796 now.) Looking forward to closing this card and my Avant account ASAP and never wasting my time with them again. I've never had such a bad experience with a credit card company before.

Nov 06, 2022
Lies

Credit karma lied to me . They said I’d get approved or they pay me 50 bucks . I didn’t get approved and credit karma didn’t pay me a dime

Nov 05, 2022
Decreased credit limit in half randomly

Applied originally got $1500 limit making payments every month, usually twice the min balance of 1/3 of total limit so not maxed and totally at random they dropped my limit in half to $750. No notification at all. I got the card to continue building my credit and this dropped my score 16 points immediately. I have other cards with capitol one, discover, and mission lane stick with those this company is shady.

Nov 05, 2022
Unprofessional group

BUYER BEWARE _ DO NOT GET THIS CARD WITH this company. They are terrible and don't care about you. I had a 1000 limit and have nearly a 800 credit score - there was a issue with a third party used the card without me knowing about it and the payment to avant was late by three weeks - I didn't know they used the card. 30 days later they dropped my limit from 1000 to 300. The card was paid off at that time. By the way the late payment was 75 dollars

Nov 04, 2022
They lowered my limit, I sent them packing.

I got the card, bought a cup of coffee and cut it up to keep it for credit utilization percentage purposes for my overall credit score. I got sick with COVID and couldn't work for a bit and had to take out a personal unsecured. They took this information, lowered my limit to $300 and then threatened to close the card if I didn't use the piddly amount left. I called when I found this out and told Hyderabad to keep their card and imposed a DO NOT CONTACT order. They are dirty and have hurt my credit rather than help it. Do not go with this card. None of my other credit cards changed my limit.

Nov 02, 2022
Avant - credit card limit decrease

I had a $1500.00 credit limit up until today. They sent me a letter saying that they lowered the limit to $750.00 due to minimum payments. I paid off every month from May to August in September I made a $500.00 purchase & paid $250.00 on the balance so they decreased my credit limit for $250.00 - This is supposed to help build credit - I guess if you don't run it overlimit or only pay minimum payments - they don't want to help you