4.6

Oct 12, 2020
Does what it needs to do

I see a lot of negative reviews and I disagree with many of them, honestly if your credit was A1 you wouldn't need to fill out for this card but it's not so here we are. If your trying to rebuild or establish credit with a low annual fee and credit increases every 6 months then this card is great for for you. But you can't max it out every month and only pay the minimum payment and ask where is your credit increase. Having an Avant card is a stepping stone and you have to show them that they can trust you because your credit already showed them that you are riskey. In my opinion it's great card to start off with. I was accepted with a 621 credit score and I had collections and late payments on my credit report, 2 years later I'm in a much better space. Good luck to you.

Feb 19, 2019

Here's my take: If you're looking for just a low limit card with a very low annual fee , this one is fine. If you're looking for a card to grow with , keep looking. I suppose they do give out occasional limit increases , at least there are several reviews claiming they do , but my experience has been the following. Have had the card 9 mos. Charged on it every month. Paid in full every month. Still stuck at 300 I started with. Very disappointed. I already have a milestone. Didn't really need another $ 300 piece of crap in my wallet.

Jan 22, 2022
Denied

Was told I had outstanding chance of approval by credit karma and yet I was denied makes no sense my credit scores over 600

Jan 21, 2022
Great customer service

Very easy to apply for and fast service to activate

Jan 20, 2022
Grateful

Whenever I filled out an application for a credit card, I'd get denied. but I'm here trying to build credit.. Finally, the light at the end of that rejected tunnel came AVANT. They gave me the opportunity and an increase and I'm forever grateful. Thank you so much AVANT for giving me that chance!

Build back

If you want to build back your credit this is the card to use

Application process/customer service

The application process was very easy. The customer service was helpful and courteous.

Jan 19, 2022

Applied for the credit card and kept getting an error stating that their website was down. Couple weeks later and still no update. Called customer service and kept getting passed around while they kept “verifying my identity” until the last rep just hung up on me. If this is the service potential customers get, I’d hate to see how actual customers are treated.

Avant customer

Easy to activate and use

Easy pymts

No issues.. easy application process. Quick increase… no hassles

Not Great- go elsewhere

i have a 730 credit score but they would not approve a balance increase, all of my other cards have done so without me asking. also your payments post but do not reflect on the website for nearly 10 DAYS! that is insane, i do not want my balances incorrectly reported to credit agencies because they do not update their online information for 2 weeks! this is the least transparent and least helpful for establishing credit. you are better off with Fingerhut to establish credit. once my balance updates from the payment i made 7 days ago, i will be cancelling this card.

Great to build credit

They We are truly amazing increase my credit limit within months when other large credit card companies did not so I definitely recommend it for building credit 100%