Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 9,211
Data Created: October 01, 2013

147 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 147Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 15   Previous | Next

Great card/ Great Company Helpful to 69 out of 75 people

I opened my account almost 1 yr ago with a $2000 credit limit. My Fico was 650 and I have a bankrupcy that is 8 yrs old. I transfed several balances to this card an just paid it off this week. After paying it off I asked for a credit line increase and was granted a $3000 CLI to bring my total CL to 5k. Now my Fico is 706.

anlazzari's review was:

Jun 07, 2013 Reply

anlazzari(2, 69)

Review by anlazzari

Hello Im trying to undertand a little bit more.... so If I transfered all my balances from my  other 3 credit cards to this one... I will still keep my other 3 credit cards with a cero balances and only pay one credit card with cero interest for 18 months? Will this affect my credit score or my other credit cards in some point?

I will appreciate your answere trying to save some money!!

hernandezgomez's reply was:

Mar 11, 2014

hernandezgomez(1, 3)

Review by hernandezgomez

Aprroved with 761 score. $14,000 limit. Five stars for the no fee concierge service, an easy to use online account and generally meeting my expectations.

Dsence's review was:

Sep 22, 2012 Reply

Dsence(2, 34)

Review by Dsence

I applied for this card hoping to transfer a balance from another card. I paid the 3% balance transfer fee and now am paying it off interest free for 18 months! I could not have made a better choice. I am saving money from not paying interest and I'm still making about the same payment. My sole purpose was to take advantage of the 0% APR for 18 months. I highly recommend the card for that promotional rate.

nicolet1205's review was:

Sep 03, 2012 Reply

nicolet1205(1, 125)

Review by nicolet1205

what was yr credit score ?

rozjan's reply was:

Aug 05, 2013

rozjan(1, 3)

Review by rozjan

Citibank is NOT consumer friendly Helpful to 44 out of 49 people

Alas, my review is of Citibank, not necessarily this card.  I have no doubt that Citibank has many happy customers who use reasonable quality credit, otherwise they would no longer be in business.

Howevver, with that said, I have struggled with Citibank for three years and unfortunately, I fell into "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."  I blew past twice and kept going back to them because I liked the benefits of my card.

Over the past three years, I have found customer service to be unhelpful and at times rude.  I have found repeated occasions where policy is stated, but cannot be provided in written form, to deny any kind of action on the account from credit limit to APR action.  Citibank will tell you that accounts are only reviewed twice a year, and that certain account actions are automatic at those times (they aren't).  And, if you want to make certain types of account changes, there are only two months in the year that you can do it (not true -- but if you miss those months, you have to wait for the next one).

I have had them provide false information, make unwanted changes to the account without warning and refuse to escalate customer service calls to higher tiers.  I've even had them lose online payments, even though I can provide transaction numbers, and ding the account with late fees (which, by the way, automatically triggers a lockdown on the account, so you can't make any positive changes to it again).  Citibank is also the only card that raised my interest rate for no stated reason, and refuses to lower it claiming they "can't".  To date, my Citibank card is significantly higher than my next highest account, and all other providers are willing to negotiate terms.

All in all, Citibank customer service (not the individual employees) is among the absolute worst that I have ever encountered and although I still possess the card, and will wait for the day when this company returns to the world of valuing the consumer, I am pleased to have paid off my balance with Citibank and maintain a zero dollar balance.

P.S. Watch other accounts carefully -- Home Depot and other cards are actually issued by (or occasionally purchased by) Citibank, and some of those same experiences start showing up on those accounts also.

Sometimes it's not about the card and benefits it provides... sometimes it's about the company that is behind it.  As long as you're aware of it, you can make better decisions should anything go wrong.

Skjaeret's review was:

Oct 12, 2013 Reply

Skjaeret(3, 44)

Review by Skjaeret

I have had exactly the opposite experience. I have both a CITI and Home Depot card. When I call, I have always received great customer service. I have never had any issues about payments (pay online from my bank's website). My mom accidently missed a payment( she never saw the bill...but anyways..) and I called Home Depot for her. Since she has been such a great customer, they removed the late charge(and not report it) and she PIF over the phone.

I would be more worried about the false information and unwanted changes to your account. You could be the victim of identity theft. Have you check out your credit reports lately? If not, you need to and make sure all the information on there is correct. I have been the victim of identity theft(due to a VA laptop being stolen) and since that I check my all my finances at least 2x a week. I may be over doing it but it also helps me see those unexpected charges(sometimes due to account policies changing which somehow they never get around telling you.... all companies).

You may also want to see if you can get thru to the executive office and go thru your account. I hope your situation improves.

sergnh's reply was:

Nov 12, 2013

sergnh(17, 36)

Review by sergnh

Top Contributor

fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me- you cant get fooled again

scottyt8308's reply was:

Apr 11, 2014

scottyt8308(1, 0)

Review by scottyt8308

To start off, another credit card was not what I really needed, (I have several from every type of card) but hey, they offerd me 100 to take theirs, gave me zero interest for a year, so what's not to love? Have had excelent customer service as well, would reccomend.

Jun 22, 2012 Reply

Are you saying you ot a 100,000 credit limit with Citi Diamond Ptrferred Card? or are you saying they gave you only 100 credit limit?

gdaw's reply was:

Jan 25, 2014

gdaw(11, 90)

Review by gdaw

Top Contributor

I think she's saying they offered her $100 cash back, maybe, to take their offer. That's the way I read it....

rosie345's reply was:

Jan 28, 2014

rosie345(3, 11)

Review by rosie345

This is a rip-off in my opinion, I was approved for $3000 credit line for 12 month 0% and I have an 800 FICO score. When i called nobody could tell me the requirements in order to be approved for 18 months. This is an advertising gimmick.

Henry53's review was:

May 11, 2010 Reply

Henry53(1, 45)

Review by Henry53

I was able to get a $5000 credit line with 18 months 0% interest and I doubt my FICO is 800. My wife was able to get a $2500 credit line with 18 months 0% interest as well and she doesn't even have a credit history at all. Not to mention she doesn't have much of a salary.

dant125's reply was:

Sep 07, 2013

dant125(7, 51)

Review by dant125

Everyone here tells what their credit score was and how much they were approved for, but can anyone say what "type" of negative credit is on their account that they might take in to consideration? The last time I pulled my credit with Experian in March, my score was 780. But, I have only 1 judgement against me that will be falling off June of next year. Would this highly affect their approval? So far I have only applied for an Orchard Mastercard (unsecured) and was givin that back in April, but the credit limit is only $300. :(  Any suggestions? Do they only pull Experian?

audia466's reply was:

Nov 07, 2012

audia466(1, 11)

Review by audia466

Approved with ck score 660 ,  tu fico 710, eq fico 751.  $6800 limit w/ 0 apr for 1 year. Instant appr.

traceyfry's review was:

Nov 23, 2010 Reply

traceyfry(16, 81)

Review by traceyfry

Top Contributor

Looking at your credit scores it appears your CK score was about 50 points lower than your true FICO score which is usually an indication of fewer active accounts.  Same thing happened to me my true FICO was 793 much higher than my CK score.

You must have had some existing balances to transfer when they pulled your report $6800 is a pretty healthy credit limit.  No problem getting approved initially but hope when I call for a CLI they don't pull my report again.

WhoisIsaac's reply was:

Dec 24, 2012

WhoisIsaac(18, 23)

Review by WhoisIsaac

Top Contributor

how long did it take for your appr.

tori13193's reply was:

Aug 21, 2012

tori13193(1, 2)

Review by tori13193

Instant approval for $6800 and 18 mos @0%. I have a high utilization and never late.

randydiannaw's review was:

Mar 04, 2013 Reply

randydiannaw(1, 21)

Review by randydiannaw

what was your credit score?

iilynda's reply was:

Oct 23, 2013

iilynda(1, 4)

Review by iilynda

so far so good Helpful to 21 out of 23 people

i honestly don't know how i got this card. my CK score of 648 led me to believe i had no chance but they actually sent me an invitation to apply via snail mail. so i applied and instant approval with $1500 limit. great card and great perks to it. haven't had an issue yet. 0% apr for a year was nice too.

premierGT's review was:

Sep 28, 2012 Reply

premierGT(2, 21)

Review by premierGT

Instant Acceptance Helpful to 20 out of 22 people

I got instantly accepted for this card with a Credit Karma of 700 and an Experian of ~695.  Only a 1k limit, but that's the highest I've been approved of to-date with ~8 months of credit history.

encrypted's review was:

• Purchase Intro APR 0%* for 18 Months*
  • Purchase Regular APR 11.99% – 21.99%* Variable
  • Annual Fee $0*
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (147)

Top Similar Cards

Citi Cards holds the distinction of being the world's largest provider of credit cards, serving more than 200 million accounts and representing the largest consumer business within the global financial services giant, Citi. Citi Cards offers the full range of credit cards, from basic cards to rewards cards. Citi Cards also recently released what they claim to be the “second generation of credit cards”, the Citi 2G Cards, that carries a microchip that allows consumers to choose between credit or rewards points options embedded as buttons on the credit card's face. Citi Cards are available online or at Citibank branches, which offers basic banking, lending, and investment services.

One of the largest full-service banks in the world, Citibank is a major international bank with customers in more than 160 countries. Citibank was founded in 1812 under the name City Bank of New York, and today is part of the global financial services giant Citi with the motto, “Citi never sleeps”.

Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card