2.9

Aug 02 2015
Approved with Poor Approval Odds

I applied, after receiving a pre-qualification letter in the mail a few months ago, for the Chase Slate card because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% interest rate for 15 months. I wanted to transfer about $2,000 from another credit card (Capital One Quicksilver Visa Signature $5K CL) wihch also has a 0% interest but will expire on September 2015. I was very hesitant to apply since two days ago I had applied for the Capital One Venture One Visa, which I was approved for $3,000 CL. After considering the pros (0% for 15 months, no fee transfer rate for first 60 days) vs. the cons (no other rewards beyond the initial 0% rate) of this card - I decided to apply. I applied online via GetChaseSlate.com (from the letter), provided personal and work information, as well as the transfer information from Capital One. I received the following: "additional review required - please wait for respond by mail within 30 days". Within two hours, I called the application status line (800-436-7927) to check the status of the applicaton - my initial thought was to contact the reconsideration line, as i had read in mulitple blogs, but there was no need for that, as the application status said that I had been approved with $3,200 credit limit, and 22% (though I am not too concern with that, as i plan to pay off the within the next 6 months). Per CreditKarma, at the time when I applied, my TU was 619, and EQ 622. Hope this review helps.

Apr 25 2018
Look elsewhere for a card.

I would give this card a 0 star if I could. I paid it off and will never use it again. Like others, I experienced the up and down credit limit never knowing how much it truly was. It's hovering around $4,100 right now which gets you no where for balance transfers. No bells or whistles to this card in a world with lots of options I'm not sure why they still offer this card. Slate will never see the outside of my sock drawer again!

Nov 29 2019
Lowest credit limit I've ever got

With a credit score of 762 I was only approved $1700. This is the lowest limit on a card that I've ever got and this is the highest my credit score has ever been. Called and asked for an increase and they said they would have to do another hard pull. Really, after just running it? What a joke. Minutes later I applied for Citi Double Cash and was approved $3500. Thats still low but at least I can work with that.

Aug 20 2019
LOW LOW limit on excellent credit

Avoid like plague. Waste of credit inquiry. Applied for Citi AAdvantage and got 15,000 limit. Chase Slate 1,500 limit on 700 score. Pathetic.

Aug 03 2019
Basic very low limit.

Applied and got $1500 limit, 1 day later applied for citi american airlines card and get $15,000 limit. Waste of a credit inqiry on excellent credit. Very basic benefits also. AVOID like plague!!!

Jun 06 2019

I had a really Low Score and got Right Away Aproved

May 09 2019
This card holds a highest interest rate.

Customer service is terrible and not willing to accommodate a longtime cardholder, with excellent credit, with an interest rate comparable to my other three accounts. Chase runs 2% higher on APR than all of my other cards.

Nov 26 2018
Expensive

I don't recommend this card for the fact that if you use the card and kept using it good luck trying to pay it off I didn't by tbe balance off just made on time minimum payment it never goes down because high interest rate I only now wish I didn't have this I owe a lot of money remember always read the small print

Nov 05 2018
Great so far!

CK has me at poor approval odds for this card, but I got an invitation in the mail so I went ahead and went for it. So happy I did!! I apped on a Friday afternoon and got the 30 day msg, called the automated line and got the 2 week msg. Got a call Mon afternoon to check verification and boom approved for 4K!!! My score is 680 by the way!!

Oct 26 2018
Poor CS

I had this card for a year with a very low $500 limit. I always paied on time and did not carry a balance. I called Chase and asked If I could get an upgrade to another card and a balance increase. I was denied, but on a whim I decided to apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited card. Which I was approved for with a 9K credit limit and all the perks of a new customer. When I received the CFU card I called and asked Chase Slate if they would move my $500 line of credit over to the CFU and close the CS card. I was denied. The CS was very rude and said well, your CFU card has a high credit limit. why would you even want to keep the measley $500 anyway. This is when I closed my account. The CS card was stale. No rewards, No Cash Back the CS between the CFU reps and the CS reps are night and day too.

Sep 29 2018
There is zero reason to use Chase

Zero customer loyality from Chase, their marketing and retentiob depatment operates in a completely different spere og exsistence from their complience department which is looking to shut down accounts for the slimist of reasons. Pay with a money order? That's a cloded account. They have never given any my accounts a credit limit increase after decades of use. Really they suck.

Jul 20 2018
Be mindful of 0% initial apr

Card is easy to obtain. Customer service is great 1st year. They even allowed purchasing well above amount limit. Keep track of the initial 15 months for 0% apr and transfer rates that seemed to go quickly. Ensure to pay in full prior to its expiration if not customer service can be difficult when errors occur. Chase does not allow lower interest rate. Even paying in full or prior to due date, Chase is too slow reporting to credit bureaus so this card will most likely be the culprit of lowering score to occur. Must always ask for a manager montlhy to contact bureau to correct the balance due since not reported accurately. Their dashboard is always not up to date; lingers over 2 months in arrears with old data.