4.2

Feb 06 2020
I love Capital One!

I actually have 3 capital one cards, I love them so much! They have been my key to rebuilding my credit after my divorce. It's hard for me to believe some of these reviews as I have always had such wonderful experiences with capital one and customer service. It seems to me they have not experienced any other credit card companies. The App is by far the best credit card app I have used- super user friendly!

Feb 03 2020
This is not worth $95 annual fee

NOT worth a $95 fee, nor would it even be a good card for racking up travel miles without the high fee which gets you no other special services. CaitalOne does nothing to justfy it. The amount of spe nd necessary to actually earn a trip are badly scewed agaainst you. Don't even think about about ever getting a credit line increase from these lying clowns. They will will give you one reason the first time - like average payment too small. So you pay them 100% in full for months then ask again, denied, reason, you don't use the card enough. Hugh? I used 70% of my limit. Then next time it's a new reason, you can't win. They use scammy double monthly average interest, so if you don'y pay in full at the end of one month you will continually get nailed with massive intesest charges until you pay 2 months in full.

Mar 16 2020
Difficult to get

Capitol One doesn't tell you everything they require before hard inquiry on your credit. They require old school fax or hard mail of your social security card, your proof of residence and your driver's license. I already have an active, healthy account with them, and they still gave me hell in the application process. My credit score is excellent and I'm military. They are the most difficult people to work with. Go with American Express!!!

Mar 02 2020

This is a good starter travel credit card or a card for someone who wants to put in very little effort into a travel card. It's a flat 2% on everything and very easy to redeem with the purchase eraser. I outgrew this card when I wanted to really maximize my rewards.

Feb 29 2020
Good "catchall" card, excels at nothing

I use this card when none of my targetted credit cards provide better rewards. The points are pretty competitive for regular purchases but targetted credit cards are always better in their respective categories. In spite of it being marketed as a travel card it really doesn't offer all that much when compared to other travel cards. Still, I rebuilt my credit with CapitalOne cards and they've always been good to me and this card has its place in my wallet. They're good on raising your limit if you use your credit responsibly and can show income and, aside from slow reporting to the credit reporting agencies, I have no gripes about how they do business. I will say it gets hacked more than my other cards even with me taking care where I use it. They don't hold me accountable for any of the charges but it is kind of a pain because new cards take a week or two to arrive once it gets locked after a hack. I'm not sure the thought process behind taking a long time to get a replacement card out to the cardholder so they can start spending money...

Feb 22 2020
Pays for most of our trips

I use this card like a debit card and pay it off every month. It's amazing how fast the miles add up when you use it this way. Booking trips is super easy and I love that you can use them for rental cars and hotels! The intro 50,000 paid for our flights to Disneyland and our rental car. Love this card!

Feb 22 2020
Have a 667 EXP but 656 TU.... CK says...

I should apply but I don't know. I just paid down a ton of debt to get my utilization down to about 20 percent. Also, I have too many inquiries plus a new Discover card. Chap. 7 BK falling off next year. should I wait?

Feb 06 2020
I love Capital One!

Feb 03 2020
This is not worth $95 annual fee

Jan 15 2020
Tempted to get one

I have secured Discover and secured Cap1, along QS1. Discover havent upgraded my secured in about 18 months(limit started at $200 and now at $1500). So discover didn't do anything about my secured card yet but approved me for it cash back at $6000. Perfect timing to do balamce transfer and get my other cards back on full. So I am tempted to get Venture but the question is why would I ? I don't need it now as I won't be able to fully use their perks as I am gonna be using It cash back for a while. So maybe by next year do Venture ? But will need a balance transfer too. So how to go about it. Go for both next year ? I did not apply for Venture, i was just pre qualified with high odds ? Could they give me $10k ? Cuz then i can start my business strong.

Jan 14 2020

Great card. Never have any problems

Jan 14 2020
Bad customer service,unethical practices

They don't list the expiration date of balance transfers on your statements delibebrately so you'll miss the date, this is the only card I have ever seen do this. You will never get a credit line increase and they will alwayws invent a new lie why you didn't get it. It's a ripoff to pay a $95 fee , the miles don't add up