4.1
from verified cardholders

Jan 29, 2022
A Great Card Experience

Credit Karma said I had a “fair” chance of approval. I went for it anyway. I was approved for a $3K limit and my credit score was 687. Funny thing is when I came back to Credir Karma to write this review, it has all these warnings about how I have a “poor” chance of approval! I’m excited to start earning miles so I can travel more!!

Nov 25, 2021
Disappointed tremendously

I make decent middle class money and my credit score is a 795 with no derogs and low credit card utilization and this company will not increase my limit over 1000.00. I had the card over 2 years and they never have. They send me a letter with a different reason everytime. Meanwhile discover and citibank both give me increases into the 5 digit range. The only explanation i can come up with is they think they can force me into getting another one of their cards or they see that I am a smart consumer and dnt want to increase my limit because it will prevent me from getting larger rewards. My balance is rarely over 200 at a time and a lot of times its paid off every month. Between this and their horrible customer service reps that are robotic like in their conversations due to a language barrier and scripted responses this card and company is garbage. Im just going to let me time run out on these cards until they close my accounts.

Application process
Customer service

Jan 17, 2023
Low credit lines

I've had capital one cards for over 15 years and they hardly ever increase the credit line. These are my lowest credit line cards. I have AMEX Discover, Chase, etc with $20k and higher credit lines-per card, have excellent credit, less than 1% credit utilization and even with all of that and the years of business with no late pays ever, on anything and they still won't increase the credit limit. I charge a small reurring bill monthly just to keep the credit line open to avoid the hit from closing the account. Don't waste your time. There are better cards out there.

Dec 12, 2022
Credit Karma Lied

I applied based on them saying i had an outstanding chance for approval. Got denied. I also saw just in September credit karma is ordered to pay customers due to their false pre approvals.

Dec 07, 2022
Great card so far!

Applied for this card through Credit Karma and was approved immediately with a high credit line…. Credit is fair high 600. The app makes everything super easy!

Nov 27, 2022
Im confused

I will never understand how ive had a capital one secured card for the passed 4 years never missed a payment or been late, i make six figure a year and i cant get approved for any cards even if i already have a card with the company in good standings

Nov 09, 2022
used this card to rebuild my credit

Currently with my 797 score credit karma says I have fair odds for approval. But I did get this card when my credit was not so great to rebuild and was approved. My limit has gone from $1000-$3500. There are rewards, but I rarely use the card since others offer better perks.

Nov 04, 2022
Works as advertised

So, I had pretty meh credit (700) but also had their Quicksilver Card and they own my car loan, so I was kinda shocked they gave me 4k in credit. But the card works great, the quality of the card is nice. The kicker was the bonus, I was going to Hawaii for a wedding within their 90 day window, so since I had all the money saved, I just put it all on their card and got the bonus. Also - used it to redo my TSAPrecheck (the credit came within two weeks) and they will randomly just send me $100 credits for booking on their travel website. Perfect travel credit card.

Oct 25, 2022
Had my card for 3 months and placed on restriction

I don't know a credit card company that puts a card holder on restriction on a purchase while making a purchase. My limit is at 10k and nothing is current. I called the customer support and they said they couldn't help me until 7 to 10 business days. Don't get this card. I'm annoyed and won't be using it anything else.

Oct 11, 2022
A must for my wallet

I've had this card for roughly 3 years, and it has become my go to- with one caveat. Benefits: 1. As punishment for paying off my car, my score hit 740s/50s. They are diligent with reports, and they make nice remarks each month for other businesses to see. My credits now 780/790s thanks to this card (and, of course, paying to a zero balance/keeping under 5% use). 2.Outstanding customer service. Honestly, I think the longest I've waited was 3-5 minutes. Reps are courteous, knowledgeable, and readily available. For example, I woke up at 1230am to a phone alert for Uber charges (this card offers immediate message updates for all account activity). I immediately notified the fraud department. By the time I woke up in the morning, the charges were gone. 3. Sign-on bonus points. 4. Capital one shopping. After I received my card, I received an invite to shop through capital one. Once activated, coupons pop-up when you look to purchase items all over the web. I've recently saved 5% on random small gifts, 15% on recurring dog food and treat purchases, and I even saved $99 on my couch (pleasing my inner penny-pincher). 3. Cash back points can automatically be applied to all Amazon purchases at check out (which is where the majority of my points go to). 4. The card is heavy- it's weird to mention, but card handlers frequently compliment me on the look and feel. 5. All card info is discretely placed on the back. The subjective: 1. I enjoyed using my points for a full hotel stay and car rental (I received another great discount for my car rental). However, I will look thoroughly before I purchase through their travel company again. My first trip with this card, I redeemed my points and booked directly through them. I blame my ignorance for not checking other options beforehand, but I took a 400 dollar hit when I looked at the same seats and car rental after.

Sep 18, 2022
Nice SUB

According to CK, my chances of approval is at fair. However, I went and pulled the trigger. Bam, I was approved with a SL of $10,000 with a SUB of 100,000 after spending $10,000 in 6 months. Capital One payment system is great if you have their checking account. Also, I am 3 yrs into my BK.

Jul 18, 2022
Great card!

This is my main card. Love the perks. Especially the Amazon points.