4.1

May 21, 2018
Great to get rewards for every day use.

I love that this card offers purchase eraser. Using purchase eraser you can buy anything related to travel using this card and then use the miles you have earned to turn around and pay off the travel expense within 90 days. The card automatically shows you what is a valid travel purchase and allows you to click redeem. Then voila! Within 3 business days, you have yourself a credit on your account. The customer service is excellent, and I get alerts on my phone whenever a purchase is made. (Completely customizable in the settings). I also love that it is Visa and is accepted most places. It is a heavy metal card, so no worries about it breaking down from everyday swiping, and the number is on the back, so not easily seen by prying eyes. I get 2 times miles on any purchase, and they add up quickly with a family of three. The only negative thing I will say is that it comes with a 24% APR, so if you get this, plan on paying it off every month so you don't need to pay the ridiculously high interest rate.

Feb 17, 2017
Simple but Limited Rewards Structure

Upgraded to the Venture from Quicksilver last year and I recently converted my account back to Quicksilver. The main reason is although you earn double points for every purchase with the Venture, the annual fee means you need to spend at least 8,000 to break even and start earning reward dollars. Secondly, when you want to redeem the points for something other than travel (or what Capital One recognizes as travel) you only get 50% of the value on your point redemption. Example: I take a trip and want to use reward dollars towards an expensive restaurant; if I have 20,000 points, and I redeem them for the meal, they are only worth $100 instead of $200 if I redeem an airline purchase. So, if you're not smart, you could be paying the $59 fee each year, spending less than $8,000 on the card, and redeeming your points for half of their value -- essentially losing money using the card instead of making money from the bank. If you stricly redeem for airfare purchases or train tickets, and spend a great deal on other purchases, it can be very simple. As for me, I didn't like to make airline purchases using the Venture to make airline purchases because I earn more points using the Amex Premier Rewards Gold. I would rather redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards or Amex Membership rewards points because instead of 1:1 value when using points, I can earn a 2:1 or 3:1 ration when transferring to certain airlines or hotel partners. In the end, once I had accumulated substantial rewards, I converted the account back to Quicksilver and cashed out the points for 1:1 value. So now I have no annual fee but a guaranteed earning and redemption rate on my points. In conclusion, the Venture card is good if you want no frills and use the card exactly the way Capital One advertises, for travel,

Sep 18, 2022
Nice SUB

According to CK, my chances of approval is at fair. However, I went and pulled the trigger. Bam, I was approved with a SL of $10,000 with a SUB of 100,000 after spending $10,000 in 6 months. Capital One payment system is great if you have their checking account. Also, I am 3 yrs into my BK.

Jul 18, 2022
Great card!

This is my main card. Love the perks. Especially the Amazon points.

Jul 15, 2022
Denied because they wanted Bank statements

I own two Captial One Cards, never paid late once. Own Amex Plat and Chase Sapphire Reserved. I applied, and was asked to submit proof of my entire financial life including my personal bank statements. For what? My personal banking statements is non of your business. Im not asking for a large loan, im asking for basic credit. Im not sending years of tax doc ext. I have much better cards and have never been asked for this. I have two cards with Capital One and they just told me they cant see them or use them as a factor. Why? Why cant you see my entire relationship with your company to weigh options? Nah, you are not getting info like that. Im passing on the entire application. And now my 740 credit score as a wasted inquiry on it. Capital One is going to end up losing all their business with me. Ill gladly send back my other two cards if they dont see me as a real relationship. Im not just another number on a screen.

Jun 20, 2022
Activation is a nightmare experience

One of the worst experiences I've ever had with a banking entity. So first of all, I've been a capital one customer WITH open credit cards in good standing for 3-5 years. And I STILL have an account, open, good standing, never late, very high credit score. I haven't moved, changed jobs, nor changed phone numbers in YEARS. I have NO red flags of any kind. They approved me for this "too good to be true" card with 30k credit and 75k bonus miles if I spent a few thousands in the first few months. I got the card in the mail, tried to activate it and that's when the nightmare began. First they said I needed to go through identity verification (keep in mind, I already log into my account every day and was calling them from the same phone I've had for years). They sent me a link to my text. I clicked the link to upload my drivers license, but there is a webpage error and I am unable to. Plan B, they say no worries, we'll send you a link in your email to use your laptop. I click the link, select my drivers license photos, and upload = WEBPAGE ERROR from capital one 'we're sorry, this is not working at this time'. Went on for days. Finally I ask them what's Plan C? Well, they said, you can fax it...IN COLOR. I live in a major metro city, and I couldn't find a single place (not Fedex Kinkos, not UPS store etc), who can fax in color any more. Nobody does it! Finally I ask them the address to mail them a full color drivers license photo. They give it to me - 2 weeks, card is still not activated. Why even approve someone if you're going to punish them like this? Capital One stinks.

May 13, 2022
Extra

Got one card with them but it said great odds to apply. I applied and it wants extra info etc but I got southwest card no questions asked with 4 times the limit of my first capital one card. I don think they can afford to lend money but beg you to apply? Credit score was 708 and 660

Apr 25, 2022
Still getting used to it

Capital one said I had fair approval odds, applied anyway and got approved for $15k. Now it says I have poor approval odds. If you spend $3k in 3 months you get 60k mile bonus

Mar 21, 2022
Not good

Filled out app for a venture card my credit scores a good .said it wouldnt affect my credit score that a lye .never been late on my other card or anything else.have a quicksilver with them .but anyway got denied.go figure and pulled a hard inquire ,which the app said they wouldnt .so be beware.

Feb 28, 2022
card good.. company bad

Loved this card, until I had an issue with a purchase. The call center rep was great.. the "faxed" back dispute dept was horrible and didn't take care of me at all or even ask questions on a defective part that teh vendor was not honoring a warranty on (which was part of the manufacturers warranty)... I closed my account and have found out Capital one has an MO of doing this stuff, watch out for the customer service or lack there of.

Feb 20, 2022
will not lower your interest rate

capital one is the worst cc ive ever used. zero help from customer service and you must pay your last TWO balances in full to not get get charged interest...

Jan 29, 2022
A Great Card Experience

Credit Karma said I had a “fair” chance of approval. I went for it anyway. I was approved for a $3K limit and my credit score was 687. Funny thing is when I came back to Credir Karma to write this review, it has all these warnings about how I have a “poor” chance of approval! I’m excited to start earning miles so I can travel more!!