4.1

May 21, 2018
Great to get rewards for every day use.

I love that this card offers purchase eraser. Using purchase eraser you can buy anything related to travel using this card and then use the miles you have earned to turn around and pay off the travel expense within 90 days. The card automatically shows you what is a valid travel purchase and allows you to click redeem. Then voila! Within 3 business days, you have yourself a credit on your account. The customer service is excellent, and I get alerts on my phone whenever a purchase is made. (Completely customizable in the settings). I also love that it is Visa and is accepted most places. It is a heavy metal card, so no worries about it breaking down from everyday swiping, and the number is on the back, so not easily seen by prying eyes. I get 2 times miles on any purchase, and they add up quickly with a family of three. The only negative thing I will say is that it comes with a 24% APR, so if you get this, plan on paying it off every month so you don't need to pay the ridiculously high interest rate.

Feb 17, 2017
Simple but Limited Rewards Structure

Upgraded to the Venture from Quicksilver last year and I recently converted my account back to Quicksilver. The main reason is although you earn double points for every purchase with the Venture, the annual fee means you need to spend at least 8,000 to break even and start earning reward dollars. Secondly, when you want to redeem the points for something other than travel (or what Capital One recognizes as travel) you only get 50% of the value on your point redemption. Example: I take a trip and want to use reward dollars towards an expensive restaurant; if I have 20,000 points, and I redeem them for the meal, they are only worth $100 instead of $200 if I redeem an airline purchase. So, if you're not smart, you could be paying the $59 fee each year, spending less than $8,000 on the card, and redeeming your points for half of their value -- essentially losing money using the card instead of making money from the bank. If you stricly redeem for airfare purchases or train tickets, and spend a great deal on other purchases, it can be very simple. As for me, I didn't like to make airline purchases using the Venture to make airline purchases because I earn more points using the Amex Premier Rewards Gold. I would rather redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards or Amex Membership rewards points because instead of 1:1 value when using points, I can earn a 2:1 or 3:1 ration when transferring to certain airlines or hotel partners. In the end, once I had accumulated substantial rewards, I converted the account back to Quicksilver and cashed out the points for 1:1 value. So now I have no annual fee but a guaranteed earning and redemption rate on my points. In conclusion, the Venture card is good if you want no frills and use the card exactly the way Capital One advertises, for travel,

May 13, 2022
Extra

Got one card with them but it said great odds to apply. I applied and it wants extra info etc but I got southwest card no questions asked with 4 times the limit of my first capital one card. I don think they can afford to lend money but beg you to apply? Credit score was 708 and 660

Apr 26, 2022
Canceled my cards 100% payments...

100% payments on my cards they canceled me because they're auto pay we're trying to take money out of my bank when I didn't have the money in there no but I always made my payments

Apr 25, 2022
Still getting used to it

Capital one said I had fair approval odds, applied anyway and got approved for $15k. Now it says I have poor approval odds. If you spend $3k in 3 months you get 60k mile bonus

Apr 22, 2022
Horrible customer service. Lost all rewards

Stay away from Capital One. As others have mentioned here as well as on other forums online capital one is scamming customers,but not any customer, good smart customers. You see as long as you carry high balances and still make monthly payments they will love you. But for customers like myself with thousands in credit available,who make large purchases often but pay the full balance or most of it they don't like us. Once they realize that you make large purchases often but don't carry high balances they will restrict your card like they did to me. Then they asked you to send a copy of your ID by email,fax whatever, they will then say they can't verify the ID, is all very strange. Bottom line is, they do this in order to eventually closed out your account, and take away all your rewards available. You see is they give you hundreds of dollars in rewards but you never carry a balance because you always oay you balance in full then technically they would be losing money or not making any, so you are not the right customer, this is not who they want as customer. They just want the needy, the one that need to use the card often but always carry a balance because you can't afford to pay it in full every month. Just stay away from Capital One altogether.

Mar 21, 2022
Not good

Filled out app for a venture card my credit scores a good .said it wouldnt affect my credit score that a lye .never been late on my other card or anything else.have a quicksilver with them .but anyway got denied.go figure and pulled a hard inquire ,which the app said they wouldnt .so be beware.

Feb 28, 2022
card good.. company bad

Loved this card, until I had an issue with a purchase. The call center rep was great.. the "faxed" back dispute dept was horrible and didn't take care of me at all or even ask questions on a defective part that teh vendor was not honoring a warranty on (which was part of the manufacturers warranty)... I closed my account and have found out Capital one has an MO of doing this stuff, watch out for the customer service or lack there of.

Feb 20, 2022
will not lower your interest rate

capital one is the worst cc ive ever used. zero help from customer service and you must pay your last TWO balances in full to not get get charged interest...

Jan 29, 2022
A Great Card Experience

Credit Karma said I had a “fair” chance of approval. I went for it anyway. I was approved for a $3K limit and my credit score was 687. Funny thing is when I came back to Credir Karma to write this review, it has all these warnings about how I have a “poor” chance of approval! I’m excited to start earning miles so I can travel more!!

Jan 23, 2022
Thanks cap one

Quick approval decent limit of 7500 my score was like 675 have 2 other cap one cards, they played a major role in getting a mortgage ty.

Dec 21, 2021
Never thought I would be writing this kind if revi

I have good credit, already hold Capital One (CO) cards which I actively use, and have an impeccable payment history with, and because I travel a lot, I decided that I needed a travel card. Applied for the this card. Since I now live out of the country, I would have expected to needed to answer a few questions. However, since I do still maintain my resident in the U.S, and the fact that CO have had to send me a new card to my resident here out of the country and I have this address as my billing address, I did not forsee what would take place. I applied for the card in October, and after sending numerous requested documents by international express delivery, I was told there was a problem, that I needed to send a document which I had already included in the packet. After getting passed around and waiting on hold (mind you, this was an international call), I was told to send that document anyway. I was given a fax number. Faxed the document and told to follow up in a few days. Waited a week and called yesterday. I was told they needed a document. The same document that was in the packet, and recently faxed, and by now it is late December. I told the representative that this process was way too long, so I withdrew the application. Called my credit Union, and told them that I needed a travel card. The credit union had me do an online application that took less than a minute to complete, and I was instantly approved for a CL of $20,000. And they expressed mailed the card to me. I should have it early next week. I had heard horror stories about CO but it had never happened to me until I applied for this card.