Rewards rate

from verified cardholders

May 14, 2021
Excellent card!
Verified cardholder

If you’re looking to fix your credit because of bankruptcy or poor credit history, then this card is for you. When I first applied for this card, my credit score was 578, 645 and 667 from transunion, experian and equidad respectively in that order. When I was approved, my experian score was the only one that dropped 7 points and it went down to 638. I deposited $200 refundable, that becomes your credit line. When the card arrived, I used it to buy a pizza and I used less than 10% of my credit line, that again, it’s the same $200 I deposited. In less than a week after activating my card and use it, those three scores that I previously mentioned on this review, when to 726, 730 and 739. Guys this card really works and you won’t regret it if you pick this one. Discover it secured it’s the best among the other secured cards you’ll find on here. And if you only use less than 10% each month, you will increase your credit score fast and they promise they will graduate you to an unsecured card in 8 months if you did good while using it when it was secured. Do your research on how to use credit cards before using this card, because the same basics apply. Good lock and God bless.

May 15, 2021
Bad
Verified cardholder

Application was smooth got accepted with a 574 credit score ,I deposited 500$ The card came within 2 weeks . I used the card and paid balance on time up until a ID VERIFICATION with irs and equitable ,Discover told me over the phone every customer does this verification once per year it should take 4 days to verify.... The process went through irs said they needed more information from me and discover closed my account with no explanation after I asked what information was needed and this lead to drop my credit 64 points

Sep 16, 2021
Great for credit building
Verified cardholder

I got the card and after 2 weeks of having it my score went up 48 points automatically just for opening the account.

Sep 14, 2021
Terrible
Verified cardholder

The process is long; I was instantly approved and waited almost 6 weeks before receiving the card, after I received the card I was asked to reply to a security email asking me to release my 2019 taxes to them. I canceled the card that I never used and was told I have to wait two billing cycles and 7-10 days after that to get my 200.00 secured deposit back; basically 21/2 months for a card I couldn’t use because I didn’t release my taxes.

Sep 12, 2021
Not as helpful as what was made to believe
Verified cardholder

My score took a dive 77 points after only using 13% the first time and paid full balance days after. So far absolutely nothing positive has helped.

Sep 09, 2021
Great Card To Have!
Verified cardholder

Apply 8 months ago and was approved. Paid amount in full every month, my security deposit was return (DD) and credit line increased. They also match your cash back! Great card to have to build your credit. Application process was easy they do verification very well and customer service was nice. Overall I haven’t had any issues with this card.

Sep 06, 2021
Great card
Verified cardholder

Great choice to build credit

Sep 05, 2021
Shocked!
Verified cardholder

Seriously, I’ve had a secured CC before with my OWN bank and they were kind of ehhh about even thinking about giving me one. Discover made the process super easy. I put a total of $500 down and ordered the red card lol. A few days later, they received the funds and started the account. It was told to me 14 business days so least, more mumbo-jumbo, and they kept me informed of everything. Before my card reached my hand, my credit score jumped up 44pts on one and 27 pts. I JUST activated my card, got it today, Sunday September 5th, and it went up another point. So far it’s been referring to start out with a reward, so potentially if I keep it up, I could be in the high 700s soon! God bless!

Aug 23, 2021
Card is good
Verified cardholder

Got the card three weeks ago. Used it. Used last week for gas, etc. The app and website are great. However, my score dropped 19 points. CK said that with good usage and paying it off every month, I should expect a 5 point increase. How is this helping ? Not happy with Credit Karma’s advice.

Aug 15, 2021
Best Choice I have made in Year's
Verified cardholder

I filled out my application for this card, i was approved I must say this is one of the best card's i have ever had. The customer service is a 10 Star. This card gives you a since of pride when you use is. They report to the credit to the three credit bureaus right on time every month. I'm very happy I choose this card....

Aug 11, 2021
Amazing card
Verified cardholder

Great starter card to work in your credit, after good management my account was reviewed and my deposit was refunded (6 months) highly recommend this card!!!

Aug 10, 2021
Great choice!
Verified cardholder

Great choice to build credit. I have a range of around 570 score, and my odds were fair; but I took a chance and they approved me with no hassle. Good customer service, well renowned company, easy to get a hold of for questions and concerns. Take a chance on them, they were my first card, and still I use it each month. Spend low, gain high. Good Luck!

Rewards rate