4.2

Feb 24, 2021
Great card for rebuilding credit.

This card is actually the oldest open account I have. I opened it in 2011 with a credit rating in the high 500's and was approved for a $400 limit. After six months my limit was extended to $500. At this point I would use it for day to day expenses and put about $400 on it every two weeks and pay it off immediately every other Friday as I got my paycheck. After a year they refunded my deposit and raised my limit to $1.5k. My limit on this card is now $6k and I use it for small purchases to keep it active. Ten years later I have a credit rating in the low 800's.

Feb 01, 2021
its OK but Move on

I have this card for almost 5 years! they are great people gave me the option on my down payment. got a credit line increase in 6 mnths. but Thats it. its just been sitting on my credit not helping my score anymore. its a good card but you need to move on. they dont offer to you to add more to your deposit later to get a bigger credit line. so rememeber that when you first open it and put a deposit. i did get my deposit back.

All reviews

Jun 26, 2021
Is good

I loved

Mar 14, 2021
STAY AWAY

Had this card for a few months, literally a day or two late with payment and they closed without warning. Awful

Mar 10, 2021
Great to rebuild credit

I applied for this card 7 months after my discharge of bankruptcy, I was automatically approved for 1K after 3 months my credit line increase automatically to $3000!

Feb 24, 2021
Great card for rebuilding credit.

Feb 08, 2021
You have to start over somewhere

After years of not using any credit in my name (cash only or husband's credit), I finally decided that I should do something to get my score up. Signed up for CreditKarma and this was one of my recommended cards. I qualified for a $99 deposit with the standard $250 credit limit. I used the card for very small purchases (<$50) and paid off each month. After 5 months I was increased to a $500 limit. My score has increased 140 points since starting with this card and after about 10 months, CapitalOne offered me their unsecured Quicksilver card with a very modest limit. And at the one year mark they refunded my deposit on this secured card. This card isn't the best credit card out there for everyone. But it opened to the door for me to start building a solid credit history. It is a useful tool for those who use it correctly and don't have a lot of other options.

Feb 01, 2021
its OK but Move on

Jan 20, 2021
I applied this card

I applied this card

Jan 06, 2021
Been paying it for 8 months

Been lying it for 8 months . Going into my 9th and still no credit review . No credit line increase, no nothing. Don’t waste your time

Dec 13, 2020
Decent card

Hello this is another update so when I got this secured card my credit was in the low 500 I put 200 down after 6 months they raised my limit two I believe 400 then 6 months after that they refunded my 200 3 and a half years later my limit is only 850 very hard to get a credit increase but this card did help my credit a lot I’m currently in the 700 never missed a payment they upgraded me to the quicksilver card but like I said can’t get a higher limit but it did do it’s job

Oct 22, 2020
Is a great way to get the scores the I need

Is excellent card a lot of my friends have it