4.1

Feb 24, 2021
Great card for rebuilding credit.

This card is actually the oldest open account I have. I opened it in 2011 with a credit rating in the high 500's and was approved for a $400 limit. After six months my limit was extended to $500. At this point I would use it for day to day expenses and put about $400 on it every two weeks and pay it off immediately every other Friday as I got my paycheck. After a year they refunded my deposit and raised my limit to $1.5k. My limit on this card is now $6k and I use it for small purchases to keep it active. Ten years later I have a credit rating in the low 800's.

Mar 21, 2022
Skipt it, you'll thank me later

Its has been more than a year. My score has gone up 100 points and Capital One won't give me an increase, make it unsecured or return my deposit. I got the Discover it card and in 6 months they returned my deposit, and went from $200 credit limit to $1800. Another thing to mention is their customer service, its bad...like bad bad. Dont waste your time on this card. Go with Discover. Or Credit One...They doubled my limit in three months.

Nov 26, 2022
Works great

Easy to make payments. My score has increased since getting the card. Only think I don’t have knowledge on is when I get my deposit back,when I can increase my limit or when my score goes back up from the application process. Other then that I love this card!

Nov 18, 2022
No apply

Credit karma said I had excellent odds of approval and was denied

Nov 09, 2022
Don’t get it! They stole my deposit

Capital one will take your deposit immediately and then when the card is sent out ask for “more verification” but then say all documents provided aren’t enough and keep the deposit. I made a 600$ deposit and there response to my BBB claim was You mentioned that you have previously sent in the requested verification documents. Our records show we received your documents on October 13, 2022. These documents did not meet our requirements and your account remains restricted. Due the restriction we are unable to issue a refund for the security deposit, please work with your bank directly to retrieve the funds.

Oct 30, 2022
Find another card.

I have had this card almost a year. No late payments at all. Still no credit increase. They are quick to report a balance to Experian but slow to update it when it is paid. I would not recommend. I am only keeping it because it’s my first credit card. However I’m done using it. I will be looking for another one

Oct 29, 2022
Very bad don’t recommend

I’ve had it for 7 month haven’t gotten my deposit back no increase called capital one and they said that they don’t give deposits back unless it is closed don’t recommend I suggest discover

Oct 24, 2022
Go for it, if you don’t care about getting deposit

Had over a year, did help rebuild my bad credit, with a small increase within 6 months, BUT they will not give your deposit back until the account is closed they insisted it could take up to a month or more after closing the account to receive deposit back as well.. so don’t expect the money back.. also stated that any increase in my limit would include my deposit.. just weird I still have this account for now, after I pay it off it’s getting closed, what kind of secured line doesn’t give you the deposit back after you’ve proved you’re more than willing to pay back what’s owed.

Oct 23, 2022
no credit increase ever pretty much

had the card well over a year with good use and never got my deposit of 99 dollars.. measly 200 dollar limit. mission lane started me at 300 and less than 4 months increased to 400.. brightway started me at 1000.. avoid this card

Oct 21, 2022
For Credit Builders: The Things You Aren’t Told

When you apply and get approved for this card or any NEVER USE THE FULL AMOUNT. When they up your limits for paying on time, etc do NOT TOUCH the EXTRA money for a few months. Show that you’re good with money and reliable, and that you’re able to work with what you already have. That shows a creditable account holder and it will HELP YOU substantially! Always pay on time, and if you don’t need a card for anything except building credit use the card for your cell phone phone bill for ex. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ADDED ON YOUR ACCOUNT(s) So that it gets reported to the three main credit bureaus! Best of Luck! BTW : they have the worst CX SRV.

Oct 20, 2022
Don't waste you hard pull on this card

It has been over a year of good standing and on-time payments and they still will not unsecure this card or raise my limit. My score has gone up over 100 points since I've opened this card and when I call they are useless. I highly recommend you not waste your hard pull on this card as they do not work with customers I hear discover is a way better company to go with do not open any Capital One card. You will thank me later.

Oct 07, 2022
Not secured

I had this credit card and because i closed a bank account and they took money out the payment reversed and they closed my account & dropped my score 125 points do research before applying