4.2

Jul 17 2020
Excellent customer service

CapitalOne worked hard to help me stay on track. They were not pushy or rude, their communications were always informative and encouraging. Even though I fell behind and ultimately they had to close the card, it wasn't their fault. And they contacted me later to offer a resolution - pay off the debt for a lesser amount. That's not the best option for one's credit score, but it's sure better than having a long-standing, overdue debt.

Apr 13 2020
Good to build credit, nothing else

One star to let people know. Good to build your credit, but ditch this card after you get your second card. I have had this card for about 10 years and my limit is usually low and I have been denied credit limit twice even though I have credit limits of 12,000$ to unlimited on my other cards. This card represents less than 3% of my total available credit and is now more of a detriment to me than a benefit and I can not get rid of it at the moment because it's one of my longer accounts. GREAT TO BUILD CREDIT FROM NOTHING. Get rid of it as soon as possible once you can get real credit cards.

Jan 06 2021
Been paying it for 8 months

Been lying it for 8 months . Going into my 9th and still no credit review . No credit line increase, no nothing. Don’t waste your time

Dec 13 2020
Decent card

Hello this is another update so when I got this secured card my credit was in the low 500 I put 200 down after 6 months they raised my limit two I believe 400 then 6 months after that they refunded my 200 3 and a half years later my limit is only 850 very hard to get a credit increase but this card did help my credit a lot I’m currently in the 700 never missed a payment they upgraded me to the quicksilver card but like I said can’t get a higher limit but it did do it’s job

Oct 22 2020
Is a great way to get the scores the I need

Is excellent card a lot of my friends have it

Oct 02 2020
Dismal customer service

This is definitely the card used for emergencies only. Rates are high. Processing speeds are s l o w, and the customer service is mediocre at best.

Jul 17 2020
Excellent customer service

Apr 30 2020
Okay for building credit nothing else

Okay card for building credit, but when trying to get your security deposit (refund check by mail) back it takes 2-3 months after the balance is paid off and account closed. I wouldn’t recommend this card.

Apr 29 2020
Good " starter" card

My credit was bad from a divorce 10 years ago. I had nothing negative left but nothing to help build my credit either. I bit the bullet and put the$200 deposit down. I've now had this card 10 months. They report on time every month to the credit bureaus. They raised my limit just as promised, immediately after making my 5th payment . Now again after the 10th month. My score has gone up over 100pts since getting this card. I've had zero issues. I think this is a great card to get when you are trying to build credit.

Apr 21 2020