Rewards rate

$75

3.9

Dec 12, 2016
Great for Alaska Customers

I think the card is great! I just got approved for it and like the idea of a passenger fare every year as well as the bonus miles. Free checked baggage is great and 3 points for airline purchases is great! 75/year can be a drag, but it compensates with the benefits. I got approved with a 705 EQ and 724 TU. I applied using the "pre-approved" mailer and got a $5,000 CL.

Apr 09, 2019
Not worth $75/year

The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan IS VERY GOOD!. The card by Bank of America is not. BofA is marketing this card using the benefits from Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. Join the mileage plan - it's FREE! There's very little direct benefit from Bank of America for $75/year. I wanted to setup recurring payment, but I was told I had to wait 2 billing statements AND fill out forms which I would need to send back via regular mail. Archaic!

Aug 14, 2021
Pleasantly surprised

I didn't read the reviews before applying for the card, and having done so I'm not entirely sure how I managed to be approved for it. My credit score is only fair (650). While I make a solid income nowadays, I lost all of my savings in the wake of a failed small business amidst the '08 recession, and was also unable to pay off a rather large amount of credit card charges. I couldn't get *any* variety of credit card – aside from the ones for rebuilding credit – until about 18 months ago. And yet I was just approved for an Alaska Air card with a $15K credit limit. Considering folks with nearly perfect credit have been turned down for it, I can only assume the deciding factor was the fact that I have MVP Gold elite status on Alaska. Still, I'm certainly not complaining!! VERY glad to once again have a miles-earning card, considering how much I travel (and I recently migrated from AAdvantage to Alaska Mileage Plan since Alaska joined Oneworld & they're one of the only remaining airlines that don't have a minimum annual spend to earn elite status).

Jun 08, 2021
Don’t waste your time

I applied. Have excellent credit over 800 score. Nothing bad on reports. Own 3 homes. In fact we don’t even carry a balance and wanted to use this for travel rewards. Got denied. Called and was told I was in the system from age 16 (I’m 45) for an over drawn account charge off for $6.50. Now I’m not sure about you but I’m pretty sure it’s probably an error but even when I offered to pay the supposedly $6.50 they said I didn’t owe and I’m basically an auto decline. Not worth a hard pull on my credit.

Apr 27, 2021
DONT WASTE TOUR TIME

Like everyone else said your immediately denied and you call and wait 40 minutes while none of Bank of America's employees know anything to be told wait for a letter in the mail! They claim they don't use credit reports but clearly they use something!

Oct 31, 2019
Approval hassle, great rewards

I applied for this card with a 751 score and the online app said "pending". I had read on here about calling about a pension status. When I called I was told that the application was denied because 20 years ago when I was 18 I had a charge off with BofA. Now I have two mortgages with them and a substantial bank account history. They didn't tell me I could appeal the decision. I asked to talk with a manager and they said they'd have one call me. A week went by and I called them back. They said my app was "under review." I told them I was going to move my accounts and would never take another mortgage with them. The next day I received an approval email with a $5000 CL. I don't think telling them I was leaving had anything to do with their decision. I was later told they have access to your checking and savings account balances and review that information to make a decision email for

Oct 18, 2019
Lack of ability to autopay bill

Deceptive auto-pay practice. Why would any bank intentionally have "amount due" mean the same thing as "minimum amount due," which by the way is another selectable option? Absolutely shady of Bank of America to keep billing customers finance charges by not having an option to pay the full balance due in their autopay feature.

Sep 04, 2019
Bank of America is trash

i've never had a problem with Alaska Air. based in the seattle area, this card is good to get miles on everyday purchases and double/triple dipping on points with Amex platinum offers. too bad, they're partnered with Bank of America. i had this card and another thru BofA.. after a vegas trip in june, BofA closed both of my accounts with no notice. i had never missed a payment in 7 years and normally paid off balances ranging from 1k to 10k+ every month, sometimes making multiple payments. this is how BofA treats their customers. don't bother opening this card.. customer service is a joke. expect to wait 20+ minutes to get a person on the phone. and IF that happens, you get bounced around numerous times. after they closed my account, i wanted a prorated refund on my annual fee. it took 2 transfers and 42 minutes to get a refund. stick with chase or american express for your travel needs. the companion pass is a joke as others have mentioned as you're paying more that reg fare.. and you can't even purchase 1st class tickets for companion pass anymore.

Jun 09, 2019
BoA is out of touch

If you ever have filed BK and owed them money well forget this card. I spent 10 years obtaining a 800+ score now and they don't care. I remember them taking bailout money during the crisis therefore giving them a second chance. Where's mine? People have spent less time in prison for violent crimes than I had to to redeem myself. They wont need to look down their nose at me. They can...,,. Themselves!

Apr 16, 2019
Alaska/bank of America is bad

I have this card, and every time i want to use the benefits,I'll find someone to say " NO! You need to call Bank of America for that or you need to call Alaska airlines " I have a ton of miles but I have found that it's less expensive to purchase tickets than use the stupid miles and their companion ticket... it's a waste of time, That's why i don't use this garbage, I'll use my American Express card and I love it !!!!!

Apr 09, 2019
Not worth $75/year

Mar 17, 2019
So far the information is great

I haven't used it yet but so far greater

Rewards rate