2.9

Dec 12 2016
Great for Alaska Customers

I think the card is great! I just got approved for it and like the idea of a passenger fare every year as well as the bonus miles. Free checked baggage is great and 3 points for airline purchases is great! 75/year can be a drag, but it compensates with the benefits. I got approved with a 705 EQ and 724 TU. I applied using the "pre-approved" mailer and got a $5,000 CL.

Apr 09 2019
Not worth $75/year

The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan IS VERY GOOD!. The card by Bank of America is not. BofA is marketing this card using the benefits from Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. Join the mileage plan - it's FREE! There's very little direct benefit from Bank of America for $75/year. I wanted to setup recurring payment, but I was told I had to wait 2 billing statements AND fill out forms which I would need to send back via regular mail. Archaic!

Oct 31 2019
Approval hassle, great rewards

I applied for this card with a 751 score and the online app said "pending". I had read on here about calling about a pension status. When I called I was told that the application was denied because 20 years ago when I was 18 I had a charge off with BofA. Now I have two mortgages with them and a substantial bank account history. They didn't tell me I could appeal the decision. I asked to talk with a manager and they said they'd have one call me. A week went by and I called them back. They said my app was "under review." I told them I was going to move my accounts and would never take another mortgage with them. The next day I received an approval email with a $5000 CL. I don't think telling them I was leaving had anything to do with their decision. I was later told they have access to your checking and savings account balances and review that information to make a decision email for

Oct 18 2019
Lack of ability to autopay bill

Deceptive auto-pay practice. Why would any bank intentionally have "amount due" mean the same thing as "minimum amount due," which by the way is another selectable option? Absolutely shady of Bank of America to keep billing customers finance charges by not having an option to pay the full balance due in their autopay feature.

Sep 04 2019
Bank of America is trash

i've never had a problem with Alaska Air. based in the seattle area, this card is good to get miles on everyday purchases and double/triple dipping on points with Amex platinum offers. too bad, they're partnered with Bank of America. i had this card and another thru BofA.. after a vegas trip in june, BofA closed both of my accounts with no notice. i had never missed a payment in 7 years and normally paid off balances ranging from 1k to 10k+ every month, sometimes making multiple payments. this is how BofA treats their customers. don't bother opening this card.. customer service is a joke. expect to wait 20+ minutes to get a person on the phone. and IF that happens, you get bounced around numerous times. after they closed my account, i wanted a prorated refund on my annual fee. it took 2 transfers and 42 minutes to get a refund. stick with chase or american express for your travel needs. the companion pass is a joke as others have mentioned as you're paying more that reg fare.. and you can't even purchase 1st class tickets for companion pass anymore.

Jun 09 2019
BoA is out of touch

If you ever have filed BK and owed them money well forget this card. I spent 10 years obtaining a 800+ score now and they don't care. I remember them taking bailout money during the crisis therefore giving them a second chance. Where's mine? People have spent less time in prison for violent crimes than I had to to redeem myself. They wont need to look down their nose at me. They can...,,. Themselves!

May 26 2019
Waste of time

BoA if your unaware took government bailout money during the economy meltdown. Society calls it a second chance. Did you give me one after ten years of serving my BK obligations- NO. Not only did you insult me with you response, you gave NO contact info to reach out for appeal or to tell you where to go. Funny how criminals committed muderous crimes and spend less than ten years in prison yet the whole world melts down and bang ten years of hell. Dont worry I will never step foot into anything you offer. I will spend my time telling a truthful story about how bad and crooked you are.

May 12 2019
Worst card ever

With Alaska airlines it doesn't matter how many miles you accumulate there's never enough, your companion ticked it's always be more expensive then purchasing two tickets elsewhere.. font even waste your time Alaska sucks !!!! if you have questions about your miles this is the typical answer, that's a question for Bank of America- and the other way we are just a bank that's a question for Alaska airlines... neither have an answer for your questions..

May 06 2019
Big Joke

793 equifax score. Funny how that in 2008 B of A forced me into BK, I paid my 10 year sentence, I have paid off every card each month since then. Killers spend less time in prison than people who file for BK? Obviously I was given a life sentence by B of A and yet they had the courage to take the Obama bailout? Unless your totally perfect and don't mind them using your money to make them rich it may be for you? I was willing to give them a second chance but obviously they are too proud of themselves to forgive Fyou BOA!

May 06 2019
Big Joke

Apr 16 2019
Alaska/bank of America is bad

I have this card, and every time i want to use the benefits,I'll find someone to say " NO! You need to call Bank of America for that or you need to call Alaska airlines " I have a ton of miles but I have found that it's less expensive to purchase tickets than use the stupid miles and their companion ticket... it's a waste of time, That's why i don't use this garbage, I'll use my American Express card and I love it !!!!!

Apr 09 2019