Question

Rayaluk

best credit card for my situation
I know there are many options and the best card depends on individual usage and needs so I will give the basics of where I am at, what I am looking for and why.   TU and EX reports look good but my EQ report is a real buzz kill.  I have tried 2x to get the chapter 13 bankruptcy from 07-2009 removed but they wont do it.  I have requested my old mortgage company remove my late payment history from over 6 years ago and I am waiting for the outcome of that.  I know that I must qualify for some credit cards but I am trying to do it one time and get a good card with a good starting credit limit.
Scores - EQ - 665 has a ch 13 bankruptcy that was filed 7-2009 and 5 120+ day late payment notices and 1 hard inquiry 2-2015 (falling off very soon)
TU- 741 with no negative marks
EX - 740 with no negative marks 1 hard inquiry 9-2016
My goals are:
Increase the amount of accounts that I have
Increase my credit available (will help reduce my % usage also)
Pay off monthly to continue excellent payment history
Get my first Major Credit Card (0thers are store cards)
I only want to apply for one Visa or MasterCard.  I don't want an annual fee and I normally carry a balance but this particular card I plan that I will be using it lightly every month and paying the balance off.  Rewards or cash back are not needed but wouldn't hurt as I am hoping not to carry a balance so the APR should not hurt me too much.
I would like to get a credit limit somewhere between 3-5K but I know that will be impossible if the company pulls my report from EQ. 
Questions:  Is freezing my EQ report the best way to make sure that no one makes a hard pull on it?
Is there a very trustworthy resource to find out which banks draw from which credit bureaus? This way I could only apply to banks that do not use EQ.  I think while applying for this card it is absolutely critical that the bank does not use my EQ report.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to give me your opinion.