Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 2,205
Data Created: October 01, 2013

46 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 46Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

I've been a member for decades.  USAA has helped me when other banks,( that i've been a member of for over 15 year), haven't.  I do ALL my business with this organization.  Both my sons are using USAA.  Can't recommend these guys enough.

oldmanjlg's review was:

Oct 08, 2012 Reply

oldmanjlg(1, 7)

Review by oldmanjlg

Great card Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I am impressed - received pre-approval - I am rebuilding my credit currently 621, nice to finally be allowed to have $3000 CL, no annual fee, interest little high, looks like nice rewards program. Appreciate someone finally having faith in me again.

Fixinstuff2012's review was:

Mar 03, 2013 Reply

Fixinstuff2012(3, 41)

Review by Fixinstuff2012

Prime  + 0% variable (currently 6.0%) for almost four years now. 30K credit limit which was used for consolidation of higher interest cards (paid off) then paying for installing hvac in my house at a lower rate than a home equity line of credit or a home improvement loan.

I was also contacted by them about three years ago at work saying there was suspicious activity on my account. They wanted to confirm purchases totaling ~$5000 on my account. I made no such purchases. Sure enough my account had been compromised. They immediately issued a new card and held me accountable for none of the fraudulant charges.

What's not to love? USAA has a sterling rep for customer service and it is well deserved.

jkkirk's review was:

May 07, 2012 Reply

jkkirk(1, 4)

Review by jkkirk

Applied last night online, but got a message saying " an agent will need to further assist you with this matter ". Thinking I was probably declined, I said Oh, what the hey, and called this morning. The gentleman I spoke with was extremely professional and courteous, and they simply needed to do a more thorough security check of my ID and my affiliation with the military. And guess what.........APPROVED FOR $12 K !!!! I"m so excited ! I have a few new cards that I just opened, but none with that kind of limit ! If you are military, spouse of  military, children of military , then I highly recommend you give this a try. My CK score is 686, although my FICO scores are all in the mid-700s. I'm glad I checked the average approved score for this card ( which is 689 ) . I was also able to go ahead and set everything up account-wise through their website, before the card even gets here. Very, very pleased :) !!

itsybitzy2004's review was:

Dec 05, 2011 Reply

itsybitzy2004(6, 12)

Review by itsybitzy2004

Correction : average approved score is  a 669 :)

itsybitzy2004's reply was:

Dec 05, 2011

itsybitzy2004(6, 12)

Review by itsybitzy2004

I have the USAA World MasterCard , and just want to tell everyone out there...

5 - Star Card

10 - Star Customer Service

Job well done USAA !!!!

stockbridgeslim's review was:

Feb 04, 2012 Reply

stockbridgeslim(2, 3)

Review by stockbridgeslim

If you can get in with this company, do it!  I've been with them for 25 years and NOBODY beats them for service.  I've minded well my credit history and after asking they have given me a credit card interest rate that is incredibly low (6%) compared to other companies. I use this company for my two cards, auto insurance, banking, and brokerage - just because they are that good, thorough, conservative, and always courteous.  They have more flexibility in their systems than the Navy Fed Credit Union (which is competetive for rates), and do not spend their money foolishly.  I wish more companies were this good.

shipcaptain's review was:

Jan 13, 2012 Reply

shipcaptain(1, 3)

Review by shipcaptain

I have had this card since 1992. Never had a problem. Never late.

$30K CL and APR of 6% (Prime + 2.75%).  No annual fee. I have an 800+ credit score, so don't expect that APR right away.

Grayleaf's review was:

Apr 11, 2011 Reply

Grayleaf(5, 38)

Review by Grayleaf

I have been a USAA member for about 7 years. I have a Checking, Savings and auto insurance with them. Recently I got approved for a credit card with them. I had a credit score of 648 and I got aproved with a $2,000 CL. Theri intreast is a bit high, but the rewards are great with this card and you can not beat the customer service.

shahidrwdyo's review was:

Jan 16, 2011 Reply

shahidrwdyo(1, 5)

Review by shahidrwdyo

best credit card i've ever had........ Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

talk about service, its the best no hassles no frustrations. we want money we just call them Their on top of everything....

srroberts's review was:

Feb 01, 2013 Reply

srroberts(1, 2)

Review by srroberts

USAA Secured MasterCard or AMEX Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Usaa helps it military soldiers and family members get accounts and become members because of there service or family members service in the past. Whether its a grandparent or parent,sibling etc.. You can become a member because of there service to our country... I am a retired U.S. Army soldier and applying for the secured mastercard was awesome cause its backed by a CD for your secured deposits and you can increase the limits with no problems each month on your cd to reflect your card credit limit up to $5,000 on any secured card offered....And you can rebuild your credit at the same time...it has a 9.9% apr which is great to rebuild your credit and get the credit rating you deserve....I recommend this to any military service member and there families....Awesome card....

makingitrightagain4in2011's review was:

• Purchase Intro APR Not
    Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 9.9% – 25.9%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (46)

Top Similar Cards

USAA is a privately held financial institution that serves U.S. military members. USAA provides an array of insurance, banking, investment, and financial planning services. Insurance products offered include auto, home, health, life, annuities, and retirement planning. Banking products include checking, savings, CDs, credit cards, home loans, auto loans, youth banking, college banking, and personal loans. There are multiple financial resources on the website including an advice center that features “Just ask Scott”, calculators, community advice, financial assessment tools, and retirement planning. The advice section covers diverse financial help including disaster & recovery, family life, home, taxes, work life, and more. Membership requirements include personnel of the U.S. military, immediate family of current members, and former spouses of USAA members.

In 1922, USAA was founded by army officers in San Antonio, Texas. Today, USAA bank has 8.8 million members.

USAA® Rewards™ World MasterCard®