Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 531
Data Created: October 01, 2013

17 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 17Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Expensive! Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

i thought this would be a great card considering i love my sony playstation but finding out that i have to spend $3000 to earn enough points to buy a $20 video game i found out that the point system is bogus and not worth my time. i no longer use this card it sits unused in my wallet. the APR is also ver high nearly 20% thats way to high for any card

ingersom1's review was:

Oct 28, 2012 Reply

ingersom1(1, 5)

Review by ingersom1

Got approved with 3 unpaid collections (5 years old), multiple charge offs, and a CK score of 575.  I have a Capital one Platinum @ 500 CL.  Orchard Bank (Now Capital One) with a $300 CL.  A WALMART store card with a $400.00 CL.  All within the past year.  My FICO TU is currently 620, and 645 EQ.  I would have rather had them offer me the cash rewards card instead of the Sony card, but I took what I could get to help rebuild at the time.

mtrsprt's review was:

Jun 11, 2012 Reply

mtrsprt(17, 33)

Review by mtrsprt

approved even with BK history Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I applied early this year and got $1000 credit limit then after 5 months later With The Credit Steps Program Now My Credit Limit $1500. My first credit card after BK is Capital one too!

divah1979's review was:

Nov 24, 2013 Reply

divah1979(3, 8)

Review by divah1979

I don't know which credit report they pulled but I do know I had a 715 credit score and now it's 707 thanks to wasting my time with crapitalone 1. I don't know where I should start...maybe back in Dec '09 when they kept holding my payments or when they systematically kept issuing me measley 300 limit credit cards for over a decade. Never again crap 1!!! (FAIL).

theheat71's review was:

Apr 19, 2011 Reply

theheat71(41, 100)

Review by theheat71

Top Contributor

Pretty easy to get approved with mid-600's, got a $200 Sony GC just for applying. Got 6 months no finance charges. Trick is, pay it off at end of month and the higher interest rate don't matter.

rvan61's review was:

Oct 01, 2011 Reply

rvan61(1, 2)

Review by rvan61

You're absolutely right about paying it off in full often - before the statement generates.

JayRizzo's reply was:

Oct 19, 2011

JayRizzo(210, 302)

Review by JayRizzo

Excellent Card to have Helpful to 1 out of 2 people

If you are looking for a decent credit card features 3% rewards in useful categories, you might notice there are no other cards offering 3% in Dinning other than this Sony Card. You might say Chase Sapphire Preferred, but that costs $95 annual fee and requires way higher credit score to apply.

I applied this card Dec 16, 2013, got instant approved for $500 and the worst APR at 24.9%. I have a Experian Fico 685 by the time I applied. The benefit is, I was awarded $200 statement credit after spending $500 in the first three months. That's a deal among almost all credit cards w/o annual fee!

In terms of Sony Reward points. I'm a photography enthusiast and I spend on average $2,000 a year on those gears and glasses. Sony has the best cameras in the market and I feel those reward points pretty valuable to me. You can also get 10% off the market price since you a Sony Card member, which also boosts the value of those points.

If you feel Sony points useless to you, then please do NOT apply for this card, but otherwise it's a decent card to have in your wallet to get 3% reward on dinning and movies, which you cannot get elsewhere for all year long.

Chenbing's review was:

Feb 19, 2014 Reply

Chenbing(8, 13)

Review by Chenbing

I was approved for this card with a $500.00 credit limit. My BK 7 was discharged 08/2011. I was also approved for the capital one MTV card that also does not have an annual fee. I hope that both of the credit limits will increase over time.I'm thankful capital one has given me another chance to rebuild my credit.

Oct 28, 2012 Reply

My credit score is 736, Flawless with no late payments. One of my credit cards actually has a limit of $8500, my debt to income ratio is about as good as it gets and they still wouldn't approve me.

nukecraftsman's review was:

julian11's reply was:

Nov 24, 2012

julian11(4, 9)

Review by julian11

My status too almost same as yours, but they declined.

Was looking to get the card to get some bucks in the statement to get a Sony Viao laptop.

Maybe Caital one is for people with less credit...sucks!!!

They used to spam my mail box with letters every week for pre approvals

I stopped that by going online and requesting to stop, maybe this is due to that.

jithesh69's reply was:

Jun 24, 2013

jithesh69(1, 1)

Review by jithesh69

great

Well this card is awesome. I applied for the Playstation Store card but was sent this one...either way it works the same, just less points in the playstation store. While I don't shop sony.com I do use this card for the movies and entertainment alot. I love it. I already have enough points to redeem for some movies and stuff. If you do shop sony alot, I definitely recommend. The prizes for redemption are kind of cool. I really don't care what they are since they are technically free...anyhow this card is great

cecehollis's review was:

Apr 12, 2014 Reply

cecehollis(4, 12)

Review by cecehollis

Rewards could be better

I have been a Sony Card member for a long time (1999) prior to when Capital One purchased the cards (from Chase I think) as I used to buy exclusively Sony electronics back in the day; however, Sony products just don't excite me anymore.  The rewards that are offered on the SonyRewards site are not that great unless you like headphones, clock radios, digital cameras, flash drives, or watch blu-ray movies (who does that anymore?).  They also offer a few gift cards and AMC movie tickets, but nothing else that is too exciting.  Also, in order to earn 5x points at some retailers you have to send in a "bonus" application to get those points (they are not automatic, read the fine print first).  You do, however, automatically earn 3x points at all dining and movie establishments.  If you're a Sony fan, I guess this card would be for you.  I find the rewards limiting and would much rather use a cash rewards card that offers more flexibility in redeeming rewards points/dollars.

Apr 05, 2014 Reply

• Balance Transfer Regular APR 13.9% – 24.9%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% until February 2015
  • Purchase Regular APR 13.9% – 24.9%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (17)

Top Similar Cards

The Sony Card is issued by Capitol One®, N.A. for Sony customers. Cardholders can earn points towards the Sony Card Rewards program for Sony merchandise. Additional cardholder benefits may include exclusive insider specials and cardmember-only deals.

Established in 1946, Sony Electronics Inc. was founded by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita. The first profitable Sony invention was the G-TYPE tape player. The G-TYPE eventually led to the invention of the Model P, or what we knew as the famous Sony Portable Walkman. Today, Sony is a leading retailer of technical innovations and is known for offering sleek, modern tech products, such as computers, phones, televisions, games, and more available in stores and online all over the world.

Sony Card from Capital One®