1.4

Sep 25 2018
Great banking alternative

I have used this card for over a year as a primary bank account. I get my direct deposits early like a day or two early. My husband and I both use the account with both of our earnings being deposited. They will even supply several additional cards. Since we direct deposit over $500 we upgraded to "Premier" and so fees are about $5 a month. I'm willing to pay a monthly fee to have our money deposited sooner. Also with premier you are eligible for overdraft protection. You also can get a savings account, and your account number works just in case you need to pay a bill using a bank transfer. My only complaints is that I wish they had a chip card. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are ATM fees. I don't really use cash but if I do need cash I use cash back at the register.

Jan 07 2018
Don't buy this card its a big scam

They looked my account for using it ,they want me to send them a copy of my ssn and other documents to unlocked. Now I lost 600$ what a scam I want my money back. I dont trust to send ny social securty to a company who had the worst rewiu ,Icontact my atourny and we gonna take care of this. Stay away from them

Jan 12 2020
Total scam

They want your social security number to use this card. We do not give that out. Especially speaking to someone over seas and no way to discus with anyone locally. My husband has 2 hours invested in phone time trying to activate them without social security number. They say there is a way, but we have not been able to access the money on the cards. He has been hung up on 4 times, and not because he is being rude. Seems to be because they get tired of trying to figure it out so they just hang up and move on to a different person. Accents are heavy and hard to understand. I'm not sure they even know entirely how the cards actually work. If you are fine with giving your social out your experience may be different. My advice is NEVER give your social security number to any company over the phone EVER.

Jul 19 2019
Disgusting

No overdraft protection nor any clear warning, if any at all, about lack of protection and are currently praying it won't affect my credit because I can't get anywhere to reload it

Jun 26 2019
B+ All around the board

B+ All around the board - Great alternative to many/most direct deposit and or employer pay card(s). I get my check 2 days early like clockwork and Netspends website and functions improve often. Not the best but definitely far from the worst. love the virtual card accts u can create aswell.

Dec 31 2018
A joke.

I got this card in the form of a $50 gift card from a family member for Christmas. I have been unable to use it because they force you to call in and give ALL of your personal info including SSN. THEN, they said there were restrictions on the card that had to be removed. They asked all of my personal info four times until I finally asked for a manager. I was on hold waiting for 20 minutes until I finally gave up and hung up. I just wanted to be able to use the gift card I was given. You can't unless you set up an account with them which I refuse to do so my family member wasted their money and I can't use my gift. Scammers and crooks.

Oct 15 2018
Direct deposit of mt paycheck is late.

Don't trust NetSpend with your money! I was supposed to have my paycheck direct deposited today as it has been for 3 years. But it didn't come. Don't believe their hype abiut getting your pay early, I'm getting mine at least a day late (if I ever get it) I'm done with NetSpend.

Oct 15 2018
It's the worst card ever!!

Don't get one!! They wanted proof that it was me, I sent them over 60 pictures and still it wasn't good enough! They don't mind taking your direct deposit and keeping it!! They treated myself horrible!!

Sep 25 2018
Great banking alternative

Aug 18 2018
Do not recommend, fraudulent practices

Today (8/17/18), I received messages detailing transactions on my account that I did not make or approve, as I was at my place of employment at the time the purchases were made. I called Customer Service immediately and was repeatedly bounced from one agent to another, who all had information that severely conflicted itself. A police report has been filed and the store that the purchases were made have been contacted. This was all done by me, the company made no immediate attempt to resolve the issue. In addition, I was told I could wait anywhere from 10 to 90 days for a refund. This is utterly unacceptable, as I need access to my funds to eat and continue to work. The agents I spoke to were very unhelpful. Jaira (172648) was incredibly unhelpful and dismissive. She at one point stalled severely on getting a supervisor about her and lied about being at the top of the command chain. Her supervisor Archie(370741) and coworker Dino (424620) were equally unhelpful. This business has zero provisions for customers in crisis. My card was not stolen or lost, and I carry a wallet with RFID reader blocking technology. The company can't explain to me how my funds went missing or what I am expected to do until this issue is resolved. I have no money to eat or move around. The lack of compassion and professionalism at Netspend is astounding.

Jul 29 2018

Never give out social security number, birthdate home address...screams identity theft!!!

Jun 23 2018
Horrible! Do NOT get this card

FEES FEES FEES. Fees to load, Fees to - use per transaction, Website is horrible, App is horrible.