Question

Posted in Banking

cassafrass23

Can I close my bank account without closing my associated mastercard?
Years ago, I opened account at Citizensbank. I also got a Mastercard through the bank. I hate the bank. I hate dealing with it. Additionally, I have moved to an area where they are not located. I no longer use the account and keep minimal money there. Periodically they will hit me with random fees that just multiply since I don't hear about them until much later. I want to stop dealing with this bank. I want to close my account. The problem is, I don't know how to close the account without also closing the mastercard, which might be my oldest credit card. I don't want to hurt my credit score, but this bank is bleeding me. Is there a way to disassociate the Mastercard from the bank? Help