Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Trek Credit Card

Oct 10, 2016
This isn't Financing, it's a credit car
BrentGA Cardholder

I applied for one of these to finance a bike; what they don't tell you is that it's not at all like a car loan.  With a car loan, you make payments to chip away at your balance, with the Trek card you are penalized on your credit score for not paying it off immediately.  I had a 700 credit score for a year, but this Trek card secretly dropped my credit score to 650.

50 POINTS OFF MY SCORE FOR NOT PAYING THE CARD OFF IMMEDIATELY. This card nearly ruined my credit score.

Feb 16, 2016
Be Careful - Hidden Fees
Anonymous Cardholder

I applied and received a $6500 limit. We purchased bikes with a 25% APR which isn't great, but we accepted that. Paid over the minimum payment each month and 6 months later I'm over 50% paid off and they hit us with a $1500 new interest charge plus a $200 fee to administer said charge. I read through my paperwork and didn't see anything about how or why this could happen. I've written to complain but so far no response. I am outraged. Pushes us almost back to our credit limit. Be wary.

Mar 25, 2016

This is probably because if you don't pay the entire thing off within the 6 or 12 months you get charged interest since the beginning. The incentive is to pay it off by the appropriate date and you don't get charged any interest.

Trek Credit Card