3.9

Mar 12, 2021
Does what's promised

If you're someone getting their first credit card and has needs work to fair credit this card is for you. The credit limit is pretty low ($500 starting out) but that is so you don't overspend and are able to pay your card off no problem. Since I got the card my credit has taken a big leap! Would highly recommend! The app is also super easy to use and navigate!

Apr 20, 2021
They lower your credit

I used to love this card they give you higher credit when you open . But then few months later they decreased your credit which it affected your credit score.

Sep 16, 2022
Nonsense

Credit Karma says Outstanding approval odds. Get declined for having newer accounts. Outstanding my foot!

Sep 11, 2022
Credit Karma said I have excellent approval .

I applied for a petal visa because I thought credit karma for sure thought I had excellent approval odds. I apply and get declined another hard enquiry to lower my credit score on top of r declination .I get approved for a BestBuy card but not a generic Petal Visa, really makes me not trust credit karma.

Aug 10, 2022
You have to link your main bank account

I've never had to link a bank account to a credit card when applying. I'm not at all comfortable doing that. I stopped the application when they required it, just for pre-approval. No way. I'll go elsewhere, and wouldn't have wasted my time entering my info if I'd known that was coming up.

Jul 30, 2022
28.49 APR???

Got approved for $2k with an instant credit bump to $2,600 if I linked my bank account, uh NO! When I got the email approval from them and it said 28.49% I said well this card will never see a charge. This card will fit perfectly in my drawer, but because of the $2k in credit it does increase my overall buying power against the 'ol 30% or lower utilization.

Jul 20, 2022
dont waste your time or score

credit karma said outstanding approval odds got denied thanks credit karma for the hit

Jul 10, 2022
Ridiculous

Applied for card. They immediately email me saving I need to verify my identity. They have no problem accessing my Experian credit file and dropping my score 10 points but now I have to submit info to verify my identity. Didn’t have to do this with my Amex Discover or Chase card however petal doesn’t believe I’m who I am

Jul 09, 2022
They lie

They started out good. Had a few weird parameters, but workable. Then they start sending you messages and specials through their leap program that they don’t back up. Kept dangling the petal 2 card but once it came time to pony up they backpedaled and finally fessed up to not being set up for it yet after a week of trying to convince me I read it wrong. If they wouldn’t have sent me the promo I wouldn’t have known about the petal 2 card. If you cancel your card for any reason (IE: life issues) it is permanent and can’t reapply. Stupid set up and I would suggest any other cars at this point until they get their stuff together, or should I say if ….

Jun 23, 2022
Nothing but a hard pull

Had great odds. Even did pre approval and had to link my bank account. Was told by petal I was approved for the petal 1 and petal 2 card and just needed to do the hard pull. So of course with everything good to go I pressed the button just for them to go oh never mind we can’t approve you. Even if they approve me later I will not do any business with them after this. Should have just denied the pre approval.

Jun 22, 2022
Almost perfect for new credit users

I got this card 8 months ago to start out my credit journey, I only used it for gas for 7 months (last month got a discover card) but while using this card by month three I had a 689 credit and it only went up I am currently at a 711 in just under a years worth of credit history if I have to recommend a card this is the one I’d say it’s only for credit builders though which is the only downside I see

Jun 19, 2022
Waste of time

Ck say outstanding they say no way and no time soon just bad experience