3.8

Mar 12, 2021
Does what's promised

If you're someone getting their first credit card and has needs work to fair credit this card is for you. The credit limit is pretty low ($500 starting out) but that is so you don't overspend and are able to pay your card off no problem. Since I got the card my credit has taken a big leap! Would highly recommend! The app is also super easy to use and navigate!

Apr 20, 2021
They lower your credit

I used to love this card they give you higher credit when you open . But then few months later they decreased your credit which it affected your credit score.

Application process
Customer service

Dec 21, 2022
Caution do not apply

Caution do not apply please

Dec 15, 2022
Closed due to inactivity! No warning

They closed my account due to inactive with no warning or alert that this was imminent. Called and there is no way to reactivate. This will lower my available credit/ raise my credit usage.

Nov 23, 2022
Not reliable

I just closed mine with 5000 credit limit I had it for a year. It’s not reliable. It’s a joke

Sep 16, 2022
Nonsense

Credit Karma says Outstanding approval odds. Get declined for having newer accounts. Outstanding my foot!

Sep 11, 2022
Credit Karma said I have excellent approval .

I applied for a petal visa because I thought credit karma for sure thought I had excellent approval odds. I apply and get declined another hard enquiry to lower my credit score on top of r declination .I get approved for a BestBuy card but not a generic Petal Visa, really makes me not trust credit karma.

Jul 30, 2022
28.49 APR???

Got approved for $2k with an instant credit bump to $2,600 if I linked my bank account, uh NO! When I got the email approval from them and it said 28.49% I said well this card will never see a charge. This card will fit perfectly in my drawer, but because of the $2k in credit it does increase my overall buying power against the 'ol 30% or lower utilization.

Jul 20, 2022
dont waste your time or score

credit karma said outstanding approval odds got denied thanks credit karma for the hit

Jul 10, 2022
Ridiculous

Applied for card. They immediately email me saving I need to verify my identity. They have no problem accessing my Experian credit file and dropping my score 10 points but now I have to submit info to verify my identity. Didn’t have to do this with my Amex Discover or Chase card however petal doesn’t believe I’m who I am

Jun 23, 2022
Nothing but a hard pull

Had great odds. Even did pre approval and had to link my bank account. Was told by petal I was approved for the petal 1 and petal 2 card and just needed to do the hard pull. So of course with everything good to go I pressed the button just for them to go oh never mind we can’t approve you. Even if they approve me later I will not do any business with them after this. Should have just denied the pre approval.

Jun 22, 2022
Almost perfect for new credit users

I got this card 8 months ago to start out my credit journey, I only used it for gas for 7 months (last month got a discover card) but while using this card by month three I had a 689 credit and it only went up I am currently at a 711 in just under a years worth of credit history if I have to recommend a card this is the one I’d say it’s only for credit builders though which is the only downside I see