Oct 22, 2019
Horrible payment process
maudini100 Cardholder

I have been a Target customer for many years. This year, they offered to convert my Target store card to a Target Mastercard with a large credit line increase. Recently, I had some large medical expenses and decided to use the card as payment. The charges went through OK. Then I decided to make a large payment on the card to bring the balance down ($1,000). However, I did not see the payment post to my account. I called customer service and they told me that large payments could take up to 15 days to post to my account. I have made large payments on other credit cards and the payment usually posts within a few days. At this point, all I know is that it has been seven days since the $1,000 payment has been deducted from my checking account and it still has not been credited to my Target account. I don’t know if this is a plan by the credit card insurer to hold the payment hostage or if it is just incompetence on their part. I am planning to pay the card off and put it in a drawer.

Target® Credit Card