Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 912
Data Created: October 01, 2013

103 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 103Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next

Target doesn't offer a method of reviewing credit lines for increases.  This card has been stuck at a $800 credit line when I have other lines at $10,000, $23,000, and $13,000.  I had racked $780 in charges up in  a month, paid it in full, and they've had the money held for two weeks after the payment went through with my bank.  They told me that we'd have to conference call the bank to verify that it's cleared on their side before they'd release that money.  It's been two weeks, how much longer do they want to hold it?  My AMEX marks it as available the same day.  Income levels don't appear to matter to them, and it's horrible service.

I'll give them two stars for the 5% discount and because I've had the credit card for a very long time.  That's the only reason I don't close the account immediately.  I wouldn't recommend this credit card to someone that doesn't already have it.

Feb 05, 2012 Reply

I got approve for $500. My CK score is 699 CK (Trans Union), but Target doesn’t use Trans Union they use Equifax and I don’t know my Equifax score.  If you want this card make sure you check your Equifax score first.

ISLAMPMUHAMMAD's review was:

Jul 29, 2011 Reply

ISLAMPMUHAMMAD(4, 12)

Review by ISLAMPMUHAMMAD

Just got this one... Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Applied for and got approved for the target card.  Wanted it cause I shop at target mainly and would like the discount.  Applied last year and was denied, so I was happy I got approved with the 200.00 limit.  I don't even spend that much in a month so it is useful to me.  Nearing two years after bankruptcy and my score was around 580 when i applied.  Also have a few other cards I always pay off in full, may have affected their choice to issue me a card or not.

ginger1663's review was:

Dec 10, 2012 Reply

ginger1663(4, 7)

Review by ginger1663

Excellent Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I have had this card since October 2010 and initially applied purely to obtain the 5% discount.  They immediately gave me a $3,000 limit which surprised the lady in customer service as she had not seen anything near that high before.  As I pay the balance off each month so I am making out nicely.

Waterlooville's review was:

Dec 02, 2012 Reply

Waterlooville(1, 4)

Review by Waterlooville

APPROVED! Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Applied for a red card with a 583 CK score and was approved for $200. I have 2 unpaid public records, 10+ collections (5 which will fall off by summer 2013), and numerous recent inquiries. I don't mind the small CL because I don't usually spend more than that in a month. I'd rather shop at WalMart, but I can't get approved there. Started my rebuilding journey July 2012 and currently have an auto loan since March 2011, Capital One secured $300, SDFCU secured $500, and Citibank secured loan $500 - all with perfect payment history. I plan to pay this Target card in full every month to avoid the ridiculously high interest rate. But I love the 5% discount at the register! Will update if I have any complaints.

Jocelynn55's review was:

Nov 08, 2012 Reply

Jocelynn55(18, 23)

Review by Jocelynn55

Top Contributor

Just applied in-store and got instanly approved for $300, really happy to get this, don't know why everyone else is mad about low credit limits and etc. Just be happy you got it and pay on-time, I came a long way from not getting approved for anything. To getting any store cards I want. Just keep your balance low and you won't have any problems!

CK 610

TR 635

youngpzo's review was:

Oct 01, 2012 Reply

youngpzo(15, 30)

Review by youngpzo

Top Contributor

Just recieved my random $200 CLI today($300 to $500 now), after making on-time-never late payments for 5 months!

youngpzo's reply was:

Mar 04, 2013

youngpzo(15, 30)

Review by youngpzo

Top Contributor

I have had this card for over five years - started with a $200 limit post-bankruptcy.  While it was a nice boost that they gave me credit following a bankruptcy, after five years and three requests for an increase you would think they would reward my perfect payment history.  I have never maxed it out and use it semi-regularly, but finally decided not to even carry it anymore.  I don't want to cancel it since it's one of my oldest cards post-bankruptcy; on the other hand, I've been approved for othercards since then and THEY have raised my limits periodically so a $200 line of credit may not have that much effect on my credit at this point.  Plus, Target's interest rate is so-so and a $200 limit doesn't get me much when I am shopping for a particular item, and I can beat their prices any day of the week at walmart ($2000 limit BTW, Target - are you listening? Walmart raises my limits periodically without my even having to ask) so really no incentive any more to shop there...

reddintx's review was:

Aug 23, 2012 Reply

reddintx(1, 7)

Review by reddintx

I love the 5% discount.  It has already saved $165 this year and $237 for the last 5 months of 2012.  The only reason they won't get 5 stars:  low credit limit and slow to release credit after payments.  I have had to purchase on other credit cards when the available credit wasn't there on the Target Red Card.  I have it setup to auto pay in full every statement and as long as I don't buy electronics it seems to be enough, but barely.  They don't allow consumers to request credit limit increases.  If I could get 3 times the limit I would give them 5 stars.

chedlin's review was:

May 22, 2012 Reply

chedlin(1, 7)

Review by chedlin

Just Got CLI Helpful to 10 out of 12 people

I opened my Redcard account in Nov. 2012. I have used it and always paid at least the minimum payment, most times more. I just paid it off a few days ago. I check my accounts daily just to make sure everything's ok and what did I see today?... a credit limit increase. I didn't have to ask, they just gave one. I don't know what the deal is with others and payments, but the only time I ever had an issue with my available credit not showing a payment was when I paid it off. I assume that was because it was a large amount. However, I called customer service and told the rep that it had already come out of my account and within mins my available credit reflected my payment. I can only speak for myself, but I LOVE me some Target. Mine has been nothing short of a good experience.

kkmom2329's review was:

Mar 11, 2013 Reply

kkmom2329(1, 10)

Review by kkmom2329

I like Target's ability to download without having to go through their tiny-font website (i.e. Mint.com and Quicken).   The site doesn't update itself on the same day a purchase is made, some times it took 2 days.   I do the same thing... I pay the bill in-store or I send a bill pay check from home if the line at Guest Services is too long.     Decent credit limit $1,000.   It was stuck at $200 for a couple of years before they finally raised it.    So I still use it when I'm in the store to get the new 5% discount.

christoofar's review was:

Jan 01, 2011 Reply

christoofar(77, 34)

Review by christoofar

Top Contributor

Thanks for that update on the increase.  I thought everyone was stuck at $200 permanently.  Wheeeeew!!!  Thanks, again!

JayRizzo's reply was:

Jan 15, 2011

JayRizzo(210, 302)

Review by JayRizzo

Results 1-10 of 103Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Target® Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (103)

The Target® REDcard gives rewards and benefits to Target customers. Cardholder benefits may include 5% rewards on Target shopping trips in stores and online, cash back rewards converted to donations toward education, Target Pharmacy® Rewards, SafetyNet card protection, and REDcard Online Management. Online access allows cardholders to check credit account balance, transaction history, and update personal information 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The Target Visa Credit Card allows cardholders to also make purchases anywhere Visa Credit Cards are accepted.

Based in Minneapolis, Target Corporation serves consumers in 49 states through 1,752 stores as well as Target.com online. Target Corporation, which offers a wide array of products for the home and family, also operates a credit card segment offering branded proprietary credit card products, like the Target REDcard. Target is also known for its community support, giving 5% of its income through community grants and programs, totaling $3 million a week.