1.0

May 28 2013
Payment nightmare

I canceled this card before it damaged my credit rating. WhenI filled out the online application and check the box that says I wished for online payment/billing, apparently I was just telling them my wishes, and I wasn't enrolled. After having the card for 45 days and not seeing any bill online or in the mail, I called them. I was told that I had to ENROLL in online billing, which was never communicated to me on Sunoco's part. So I paid my bill over the phone with a debit card, enrolled in online billing, and waited for my second month's bill. It arrived online and I paid it. After noticing a few days later the payment was not taken from my bank account, I went to Sunoco's bill pay website and found the payment was "returned." I called my bank, but there was more than enough money in my bank account and my bank said that debit charge never hit my bank account. I then called Sunoco. They could not offer me any explanation as to why my payment was marked returned by their system. I paid my bill in full over the phone at that moment and cancelled my account. Not worth the hassle or possible damage to my credit.