Credit Card Reviews

State Farm Bank® Good Neighbor Visa® Credit Card

6 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

In the mail---for over 2 weeks?

Credit card suspicious activity in a letter, new card sent, same number, different expiration date and security number.

Two weeks later, again, no warning, card in valid. Called told the reason was suspicious, a $8 charge at some hotel. Customer service said new card would arrive in 3 days, it is now a week, phone call to customer service, told it was just mailed today, one week later, will take 7-10 days to arrive.

Unacceptable. I have used their credit card for years but will change to someone else. Customer loyality?? I have had car insurance with State Farm for 50 years plus homeowners.

I am furious.

Mar 05, 2014 Reply
Low Interest Rate

Typical credit card, nothing fancy or any worse than any other.  If you carry a balance, they have a product that offers a lower rate.  That's why I went with them - for the low rate card.

May 30, 2013 Reply

State Farm bank was the worst possible credit card I have ever gotten. I am in good standing with all of my other credit cards however state farm bank screwed me over big time. They reported that i was 90 days late on my payments however I presented the bank statements that proved I had made payments on time. When I confronted them on it they admitted a system error but said that (since I closed the account) there was nothing I could do so I filed an investigation and am hoping i can get it removed. DO NOT GO WITH STATE FARM CREDIT!!

peanut51792's review was:

May 20, 2012 Reply

peanut51792(1, 0)

Review by peanut51792

I have had my State Farm Good Neighbor credit card for about a year and could not be happier!  The  customer service and online resources are top notch!  I can view my transaction and all other details on the statefarm.com website or the State Farm Pocket Agent app on my android!!  Conveinence and reliability are so important to me and I know I have that with State Farm!!!

Feb 03, 2012 Reply

The customer phone service personnel for this credit card are rude and lack professional courtesy and the element of care in regards to customer concerns and issues.  In addition, the website is outdated and difficult to use and the late payment policies are archaic in the age of electronic banking.  As loyal customers to State Farm Insurance for both mortgage and auto insurance, we were very disappointed that the local service oriented feel of the insurance company in no way transfers to our experience with State Farm Bank.  For these reasons we closed our account and chose an alternate Visa credit card supplier.

Dec 06, 2011 Reply

Have had my credit card for a few years. They monitor it very closely and called me right away when someone had tried to use it that wasn't supposed to.

Freeshona's review was:

Oct 10, 2011 Reply

Freeshona(1, 0)

Review by Freeshona

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of State Farm Bank® Good Neighbor Visa® Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (6)

Created in 1998, State Farm Bank positions itself as a nontraditional financial institution without branch locations and with an online banking component. Financial products include savings accounts, CDs, retirement accounts, money market accounts, checking, lending, credit cards, and more via online banking. Customer service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and credit cards are equipped with special twenty-four hour Good Neighbor service. State Farm Bank conducts business and customer interactions mainly through State Farm agents, by telephone, mail, and internet.

Popularly known for their “Good Neighbor” campaign, State Farm Bank is the banking subsidiary of State Farm Insurance Company, which was founded in 1929 and is the largest auto insurer in the United States. It’s said that about one of every five cars on the road is insured with State Farm.

State Farm Bank® Good Neighbor Visa® Credit Card