1.5

Sep 25, 2018
Great banking alternative

I have used this card for over a year as a primary bank account. I get my direct deposits early like a day or two early. My husband and I both use the account with both of our earnings being deposited. They will even supply several additional cards. Since we direct deposit over $500 we upgraded to "Premier" and so fees are about $5 a month. I'm willing to pay a monthly fee to have our money deposited sooner. Also with premier you are eligible for overdraft protection. You also can get a savings account, and your account number works just in case you need to pay a bill using a bank transfer. My only complaints is that I wish they had a chip card. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are ATM fees. I don't really use cash but if I do need cash I use cash back at the register.

Jan 07, 2018
Don't buy this card its a big scam

They looked my account for using it ,they want me to send them a copy of my ssn and other documents to unlocked. Now I lost 600$ what a scam I want my money back. I dont trust to send ny social securty to a company who had the worst rewiu ,Icontact my atourny and we gonna take care of this. Stay away from them

Nov 10, 2021
The worst

I loaded money on the card at the same time I purchased it. I submitted the documents netspend requires to verify my identity and address. However, netspend wouldn’t activate the card for me to access my funds because they couldn’t verify my identity. Again, I submitted copies of my driver’s license and social security card to verify my identity and address. I requested a refund, since I couldn’t use the card. They told me that they couldn’t issue a refund because they couldn’t verify my address—the same address they have on their records.

Jun 25, 2021
Awful

Awful, must send more then one form of id just to use this thing. No after hours customer service but you can easily contact a person any time of day to get a new one of these so they can hold your money until you jump through all the hoops at their convenience.

Jul 19, 2019
Disgusting

No overdraft protection nor any clear warning, if any at all, about lack of protection and are currently praying it won't affect my credit because I can't get anywhere to reload it

Jun 26, 2019
B+ All around the board

B+ All around the board - Great alternative to many/most direct deposit and or employer pay card(s). I get my check 2 days early like clockwork and Netspends website and functions improve often. Not the best but definitely far from the worst. love the virtual card accts u can create aswell.

Oct 15, 2018
It's the worst card ever!!

Don't get one!! They wanted proof that it was me, I sent them over 60 pictures and still it wasn't good enough! They don't mind taking your direct deposit and keeping it!! They treated myself horrible!!

Sep 25, 2018
Great banking alternative

Aug 18, 2018
Do not recommend, fraudulent practices

Today (8/17/18), I received messages detailing transactions on my account that I did not make or approve, as I was at my place of employment at the time the purchases were made. I called Customer Service immediately and was repeatedly bounced from one agent to another, who all had information that severely conflicted itself. A police report has been filed and the store that the purchases were made have been contacted. This was all done by me, the company made no immediate attempt to resolve the issue. In addition, I was told I could wait anywhere from 10 to 90 days for a refund. This is utterly unacceptable, as I need access to my funds to eat and continue to work. The agents I spoke to were very unhelpful. Jaira (172648) was incredibly unhelpful and dismissive. She at one point stalled severely on getting a supervisor about her and lied about being at the top of the command chain. Her supervisor Archie(370741) and coworker Dino (424620) were equally unhelpful. This business has zero provisions for customers in crisis. My card was not stolen or lost, and I carry a wallet with RFID reader blocking technology. The company can't explain to me how my funds went missing or what I am expected to do until this issue is resolved. I have no money to eat or move around. The lack of compassion and professionalism at Netspend is astounding.

Jul 29, 2018

Never give out social security number, birthdate home address...screams identity theft!!!

Jun 23, 2018
Horrible! Do NOT get this card

FEES FEES FEES. Fees to load, Fees to - use per transaction, Website is horrible, App is horrible.

Jan 18, 2018
Terrible

I bought this as a prepaid gift card for my son. It has taken me days and hours to try to get it activated. Nothing but complications. The customer service people barely speak english and really don't seem to know what they are doing. No supervisors are available. Hold times are usually around 20 minutes. The problem is still not resolved...