Credit Card Reviews

MyPoints Rewards Visa Credit Card

4.05 3 Reviews

Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

There are better reward cards out there but if you are a MyPoints member, this is a great card!  It's currently helping me earn points toward gift cards for my upcoming vacation.  I have a CK score of 703 and was approved for a $750 credit limit.   I've only had it for a couple of months so I'm not sure how often they do credit line increases but I'll be sure to let you know if I get one!

jln82's review was:

Feb 21, 2012 Reply

jln82(7, 36)

Review by jln82

I've been a mypoints member since 2008, and hadn't known about this until today, so it wasn't even on my radar. Love the program, I use it for things I would get anyway, so it's not like I waste money on it. But I wondered about why I couldn't find an app for the card. Found out-it's by pop-up only, apparently. Thanks for the review.

Catsissie's reply was:

Jan 08, 2014

Catsissie(1, 0)

Review by Catsissie

MyPoint is a good program and this definitely helps you earn more. With that said, I only give this 3 stars as there are many better rewards programs out there.

Nov 18, 2011 Reply

I've had this card for 2 years now.  My CK score was in the mid 600's (there are some small issues on my credit report as well, and a couple of accounts that were in collections - it's far from perfect) when I applied and was given a $2000 limit - yay!  More than I expected, and double what the chart above says it would give to to someone with a credit score of mid-600's.  I used this card often and paid if off each month, and was bumped up to $3000 after about a year.  The chart above says I'd have to have a credit score of over 750 right now to have that, and I'm only 672 right now... so don't be scared to apply for this one!  They definitely evaluate you pretty often for credit score increases. This is a VERY different type of rewards cards but it works for me and sort of "in conjunction" wth the Mypoints website.  You get 5 points for every email you open from them, and 1-10 points per dollar spent on a website listed on Mypoints (most of the major shopping websites are partnered with Mypoints).  You can also earn points for answering 1 question surveys, etc.

NOW.. this card ALSO gets you points that collect in your Mypoints account also... 1 point for every dollar spent anywhere.  2 points per dollar for gas or groceries.  1 EXTRA point (beyond what you will already get for just shopping on the site) for every dollar spent through Mypoints.com when you use your card at checkout.

You redeem all these points (they collect in your Mypoints.com acct from all these various sources:  emails, online shopping, using the credit card) for tons of different gift cards or just cash into your Paypal account.  Because I'm a heavy Amazon user, my points are always used to buy Amazon gift cards.   I am earning points daily with Mypoints, and without always having to actually spend money to get them like other rewards cards.  Because of this great points program, I'd say I've collected about $300 in Amazon gift cards so far. There are other random advantages you will get, such as special offers from one of their stores... I picked up a $20 Overstock.com gift card a couple of weeks ago for only $10 from a Mypoints email offer.  Spending that $10 ALSO got me 20 points from Mypoints (10 points for purchasing the offer, and then double that because I used my Mypoints credit card to purchase it), as well as saved me money from Overstock.

I really recommend this one... it's a fun one and the points rack up pretty quickly.  My credit score is just fair (grade = C with 672 score), but my limit is $3k, which is great, and there are no annual fees. Check out Mypoints.com first and see if you shop at any of their partner stores often.  If you do, this card might be a good idea.  I do a LOT of online shopping so I collect points pretty quickly

buttonpie's review was:

Nov 01, 2011 Reply

buttonpie(1, 1)

Review by buttonpie

Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of MyPoints Rewards Visa Credit Card

MyPoints Rewards Visa Credit Card is issued by World Financial Capital Bank (WFCB) for MyPoints customers. Cardholder benefits include extra points at MyPoints.com and special redemption programs for points. The card is accepted everywhere Visa is accepted. Cardholders can access their account online and also pay bills, view statements, and view account activity online. Interested customers can apply at MyPoints.com.

MyPoints.com is a daily rewards program for which members can earn points online by shopping, taking surveys, and more, and redeem their points for merchandise. Known as a pioneer in online shopping rewards, MyPoints is today the most established membership rewards site, with dozens of partners and retailers.

MyPoints Rewards Visa Credit Card