6 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

REBUILD YOUR CREDIT Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

Yes, this card is for folks that want to rebuild their credit. I mean if your credit is poor and you can not get anything, go for it. I did. My credit is now in the 700's after only 6 months, when I starte I was 520. You guys that say they illegally took your money off your debit or credit card, that is a bald faced lie. their is a disclaimer telling you that the monthly participation fee is 25 or 26 bucks EACH MONTH, and a one time fee of 5.00. You must click yes I agree or no thanks allow me to exit the site. Point is you can not go any further unless you select one of the options, and they do warn you about that Monthly participation fee in advance. Some of you are in  such a hurry to get that money, you don't take time to read the words, the only thing you read is the $500.00 READ IT!

I planned to use this card for only 1 year and cancel it after that, so I have 6 more months to go.

Oct 30, 2012 Reply
Know what you are dealing with Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

People!!! It's not a "scam" in that it explains everything when you sign up for the card!  YOU HAVE TO READ THE INFORMATION.  When someone is high risk and cannot get credit in any other fashion- it will enable you to rebuild your credit if you pay as agreed.  If you think the monthly amount is too high- call them and have them remove the emergency roadside assistance feature.  I only pay $4.95 a month for the card.  You have to agree to their terms when you sign up.  The fee has nothing to do with whether or not you ever use the card. If this is not a situation you want to be in then the best advice is to take really good care of your credit in the first place.

May 22, 2013 Reply
Partly a scam.

They are upfront about the charges but it's not a real credit card and can only be used at their overpriced outlet store where they charge full retail for what should be heavily discounted goods.  If you don't mind paying over the odds for the merchandise plus their $25/month fee then it's OK.

They do report to the major credit agencies so if you are OK with their fees you will see an increase in your credit score over time, however for those who say they plan to cancel after a year this will have a negative impact on your credit score as it will reduce your overall credit thus giving you a negative mark from the credit agencies.

Personally I would not recommend this card as the fees are high and you are locked into their outlet, but if you haven't got enough cash to open a secured card account and can afford the $25/month fee it will help you in raising/rebuilding your credit score. Just bear in mind that cancelling once you have your credit where you want it will cause your score to drop somewhat..

expatbrit's review was:

Jan 28, 2014 Reply

expatbrit(4, 90)

Review by expatbrit

Horizon Card Services is a card service for people with poor credit. You don't even need to use the card to build your credit. You just pay a monthly fee. Anytime I call into customer service they are always polite and have no trouble answering my questions. Plus I got 3 of these cards to help build my credit kept them for a year and now I finally have a real Visa with no deposit down. When I wanted 2 cancel they increased my credit line so I kept it and now my wife and I are finally able to get financing for a house. You have to read the terms and conditions, it was never meant to be a real credit card.

Aug 04, 2011 Reply
Don't get this card Helpful to 0 out of 1 people

They keep taklng money off my card and I've never used it.

Oct 26, 2012 Reply

i give it zero stars !! they illeaglly stole 29.95 off my card without my permission

Apr 02, 2012 Reply
Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Horizon Card Services

Cardholder Rating Distribution (6)

Horizon Card Services is the credit card issuer for the Horizon Gold Credit Card, a credit card that claims to have no credit check, guaranteed instant approval, reports to a major credit bureau, and offers a guaranteed $500 unsecured credit limit. However, The Horizon Gold Card is also subject to much debate online about whether it is a legitimate credit card.

The Horizon Gold Card works exclusively on the Horizon Card Services website, and no other website or retailer.

Horizon Card Services