2.4

Feb 27 2013
Approved!

I never thought that I will be approve for this card, because I have other 3 GE cards (Chevron/Texaco, Wal-Mart & JC Penney) but they approved me for their Visa version with $1,000 CL! All this with 12 hard enquires in the last 4 months (all approvals) read my profile for more info...

Sep 05 2013
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

I received a new card in the mail today, assuming my old one was close to expiring, I went ahead and activated the new one. When I went to destroy the old card, I noticed it didn't expire until 2015 which I thought was strange, so I called customer service. The first woman I spoke to was helpful and said that the card was reported lost or stolen on Aug. 30 and she would transfer me to the lost/stolen card customer service for more help. "Eddie" from that sector was a total ******. Over and over he kept telling me "well, unfortunately there is nothing else we can do for you" and "well, you have your new card, just use that one." I never called to cancel my card or report it lost or stolen. I live alone and I have never left my wallet or lost it. He then proceeded to put me on "mute" several times where I could HEAR him talking about me to co workers, and would not answer any of my questions. I wasn't even raising my voice at this point, I simply wanted to know how someone could call and cancel my card. After about 10 minutes with "Eddie" I asked to speak with a supervisor. He then tried to argue me that he "didn't have a bad attitude" before abruptly transferring me. The supervisor was a little more helpful in trying to explain things, but that she "couldn't tell me the number that called to cancel my account" (through their automated line) but that it wasn't a number associated with my account or even from the state I live in. She then tried to compare her nondisclosure to Doctors and HIPPA rules. I had to remind her that I could walk into my doctors office and ask any information about my own file and they had to tell me, much like MY credit card account. Then she went on to tell me it actually isn't illegal for someone to call a credit card company and pretend to be someone else. It only becomes fraud when actual money is involved! Pretty sure I'll be paying off this card immediately and taking my services elsewhere!

Jun 23 2020
Great rewards... awful customer service.

The Gap Visa card offers great rewards, but Synchrony, the servicer for the credit card, lacks in every way. If Synchrony doesn't make mistakes servicing the account, it's excellent, but with that bank's track record, anything could go wrong.

Aug 26 2019
No loyalty to its long standing customer

I had a Gap card since 2013 (that is almost 10 years!!) and have never missed a payment! Recently I lost my job and missed two payments and they just closed my account! I was livid! I called customer service because I just got a new job and was going to start to make payments on my past due balance (even had a payment scheduled to come out) and they straight up closed my account under my nose. With NO warning! Customer service said there was nothing they could do for me. They claimed that they would submit a complaint but I doubt it! There is no loyalty to their long time members. If you want a good store I had a Gap card since 2013 (that is almost 10 years!!) and have never missed a payment! Recently I lost my job and missed two payments and they just closed my account! I was livid! I called customer service because I just got a new job and was going to start to make payments on my past due balance (even had a payment scheduled to come out) and they straight up closed my account under my nose. With NO warning! Customer service said there was nothing they could do for me. They claimed that they would submit a complaint but I doubt it! There is no loyalty to their long time members. If you want a good store card, open a Nordstrom card. They totally understand what customer sevice is about. If you are on here looking to see if you should open a card with Gap Inc don't do it! There is no loyalty with this company which is exactly why they will go under.

Mar 09 2019
Terrible Customer Service

I held the Gap Credit card for 10 years and over the last few years had a Gap Signature Card. I used it for the rewards I could use to purchase clothing at thier stores primarily for my daughters. Over the last 9 months I earned nearly $400 in rewards, however each time I went to use them they were already marked as used. I spent countless hours on the phone with Gap and Synchronicity Bank. I had all emails of rewards stopped and received paper rewards only to experience that those rewards we're also deemed used when trying to use at the stores. I could never receive a clear reason as to how this was happening or how it could be resolved. Call back promises we're never received from Management at Synchronicity. Ultimately it was not worth my time, I closed my account, which was done coldly through the automated system. Another indication they do not value Customers and I am still out hundreds in rewards. Do not bother.

Jan 11 2019
I'm a CPA and worst credit card EVER!!!

THEY CANCELLED MY CARD DUE TO A PAYMENT BEING REVERSED WHEN A NATURAL DISASTER HAPPENED IN MY AREA AND MY CREDIT UNION BURNED DOWN, AND A PAYMENT WAS ACCIDENTALLY REJECTED (BANK ERROR). THIS CANCELLED THE $400 IN REWARDS I HAD ACCRUED WITH THEM. LOST THEM ALL!!!!! DO NOT GET THIS CARD!

Dec 19 2018
Harsh Credit Reporting Policy

their credit reporting policy is harsh, i forgot to make a payment for one month around $24 and it got reported to the credit bureaus immediately as late payment, i paid everything and closed the account, after being on call with them several times and asking them to remove it as a sign of good will as i actually made the payment before they reported, they said they can't do anything

Nov 26 2018
WORST RETAIL CARD EVER

I have Good credit and other cards with high limits that ive had. I was a loyal customer used my card payed it off right away and used often wemt a few months not using and they cancelled it on me for no reason just because i hadnt used it in a while. Decided to use it in a store becuase now its the holiday time and declined me in line said card was cancelled so embarrassing they asked if i wanted a new one i said absolutely NOT

Sep 28 2018
Worst card i ever owned

I owned this card for 4-5 years. Usually i pay statement balance every month. I made a mistake and paid minimum payment and missed paying for next two months. Recently i checked and found i missed payment and contacted the customer service. The late fee was 27$ per month. I wasnt using it regularly so decided to close the account after paying the remaining balance. The next day they reported payment missed which was weird. Such a bad customer service and worst card treatment i ever received.

Jul 14 2018
Horrible

Gap credit card's policy is ridiculous. I have a card that's bout to expired and need to change to a new card. So I switched. And then 2-week after that, my card can't be processed. Why?? So I called the customer service and they said my card is been upgraded to premium, which has already been shipped to my place. Well, I didn't even receive anything from them either. At the same time what ****ed me off is I don't want to upgrade to premium. I just want to stay my current credit card. And they disabled my current account login without my permission either. Their customer service is not helpful either. All they said is your card is coming to your way. You should receive the new card within 7-10days. All they try to do is to opt you out your current credit card. I believe they are forcing us to upgrade the card in order to assist them increased the rate of APR interest. Well..., after everything is paid off, I will stop using this Gap credit card. Very shady!

May 31 2018
Awful

Was approved for the Gap credit card now 8 months later received notification that my account was closed. Keep in mind I never had the chance to make a purchase. Who does that?

Mar 17 2018
Worthless

Had gap credit card little over a year and out of nowhere they decide to close my account. Spent money paid on time and even more that was requested and still had it closed. I thought credit card companies wanted customers to pay on time and more that was requested. I guess I was wrong. Never in my life will I ever apply for there **** card. I had accumulated rewards and because they decided to close my account won't be able to use them. Even if they had an issue with my according to them a derogatory record why qualify me from the beginning a year ago.