1.3

Jan 24, 2017
Bad now that Capital One bought it

This card was great before CapitalOne purchased. They slashed my limit down to 300 once the buyout went through. I HATE capitalone and dont like their product lineup or custoemr service. So when my limit was slashed and I seen C1 handles the account I did not bat an eye since it was capitalone. I missed that days before C1.

Oct 11, 2015
Horrible card

I saw that they promoted their card with a 72-month no interest so I went ahead and applied to see what happens next. Despite having an above average credit score (700s), I was accepted with an $802 credit limit and 26.9% APR. 26.9% APR??!?!?! I got a 6-month no interest plan (contrary to their 72-month) with a ridiculous APR. All my other cards have no more than a 19% APR and even that is a very high APR for someone with a credit score in their 700s. I plan on paying off whatever is left ($277) on the credit card and never using it again. Thank God it has a $0 annual fee so that way I can help the average age of my credit cards later down the road when I apply for more credit cards.

Sep 06, 2015
Pathetic!

I have other credit cards. I use them. I pay them. Many of them that have balances are at 0%. I have over six figures of credit card availability and have recently been grants more from mutilple cards. Reducing my ratio. I had a feeling when applying for this card it was going to be a problem. Bait and switch with the interest rate or whatnot. I will call capital one have s thorough explanation and tell them to stop sending ore approvals ( in which I get 2 a week). Stay away from this card. It's s joke.

Mar 21, 2015
Ridiculous promo approval criteria

The card is now issued by Capital One Bank. I have a credit score in my 720's, have had two past Capital One car loans which I paid off and have two Capital One Credit cards with over $10K limits (one of which I've had for 11 years). I have never been late on a payment on them or any other card. Furniture row had a "72 months no interest" promotion this weekend so I decided to buy some furniture by applying for their credit card and taking advantage of this. Despite all my lengthy experience with Capital One, decent credit and no late payments/chargeoffs, they turned me down. I called their 800 # to find out why. The first person couldn't tell me anything and transferred me to someone else. That person told me that I had other credit card balances so they could not approve me. These two people were very nice. I told the second person, yes, I have other credit card balances, but I also have a close to 6 figure income, never paid late, been a Capital One customer for 11 years, etc. She then advise she would have me talk to a supervisor (her idea, I didn't ask for one) and connected me. The supervisor had a "why are you talking to me, I have better things to do" attitude. She repeated the "you have other credit card balances you need to pay down" line. My debt to income ration is <30 so OK (you can even get a mortgage with up to a 43 debt to income ratio). I asked if I could close down one of my two Capital One Cards and have them issue the store card, she could not do that. I asked if she could issue me the card at a lower limit than I had originally requested and she could not do that either. So needless to say, Capital One is losing a long-term, on-time paying customer. I'll probably keep one of the credit cards since they have a good cashback program, but will pay off and cancel the other and never get a car loan or anything through them again.

Jun 30, 2013
Bait and Switch

They advertise 60 month financing but when you finish all the paperwork and the account is open they tell you your credit won't get you 60 month but only 36 month. Very deceptive and misleading advertising. The blame it on the financing company. I blame it on the Furniture Row for not disclosing information they clearly had on hand. A case of bait and switch

Aug 17, 2011

The customer service sucks and they are very strict, they charge $25 for over-the-phone payments, and make everything seemingly as difficult as possible.