Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Conn's Credit Card

May 26, 2016
Conns as a Credit Builder AAA+++
Anonymous Cardholder

First of all, do not expect Conn's to give great deals.  Your expectation should be to build credit.  People with excellent credit profiles wil shy away from Conn's, but if you work with Conn's and pay them on or before time, they are a valuable credit building tool.

I had a 576 credit score  this time last year, but was approved for $5000, zero interest for 12 months(same as cash).  I purchased a TV for approximately $2000 (which was a competitive price because it was Memorial Day weekend).  I worked with them before, and had to put money down, so this is a leg up!

I just made my last payment (just before the interest kicked in).

Conns helped me establish payment history twice, and it helped me build the confidence to ask my credit union for credit.  When I applied for a credit card, the credit union countered with a $500 unsecured loan.  3 payments later, my CU gave me a credit card with a $1k limit, then a car.  All with much better interest rates then all of the other creditors.

I recommend that you accept Conns for what it is, an opportunity to build credit.  They do report to all three credit bureaus, and this is an excellent opportunity to get your credit profile into shape.

Now that I have moved to more of a mainsteam lender, I can now get better deals.

Conns is a good start.  Just get something inexpensive (or something you really, really need), and build from there.  Try and pay a week early (if you can) so they do not call you.

I give them an A+ for giving me an opportunity, and work on repairing your credit during this time.

Once you pay off the account and your credit score is better, move on to more mainstream creditors.

If my credit is impacted negatively again, I will definitely be back to Conn's.  Highly recommended to build up your credit.

Aug 22, 2016
Worst Company EVER
Anonymous Cardholder

This company is a total SCAM, don't buy anything from them.  They lie to you in the store and take advantage of you in every way.

Aug 22, 2016
Worst Company EVER

May 27, 2016
NO account balance on my account
mikemodesette Cardholder

Why does conns not show an account balance on my account. Why are they choosing to hide it????????????????????????

May 26, 2016
Conns as a Credit Builder AAA+++
Anonymous Cardholder

I just made my last payment (just before the interest kicked in).

Dec 01, 2016

Are you sure you're credit score was 576 cause mine was between 600-631 and they said that I was only approved for a secure card where I have to use my money in order to get a cc from Conns

Apr 27, 2016
Love dealing with them!
BillinTN Cardholder

I was a little nervious about doing business with them, but let me tell you, I am so happy i did!   I got a preapproval letter for 2000 but when I actually applied I got 7000 credit with no down payment and 12months interest free!  I purchased about 3700 worth of stuff and even opted in for their insurance.  My min payment was 179.  Now, keep in mind that they are like most stores, the interest is close to 21%.  So, I just set a little extra aside each month so I will be able to pay it off in 12months and save a lot of money.  I would def recommend them to anyone needing the items they offer and needing help with credit.    They are a little higher on items but not bad.  Again, overall I give them 5 stars!  They made me feel welcome, took great care of me and I am very happy with my items!

May 27, 2016

It's 21 percent for each month after the year is up?

Apr 22, 2016
Great
Anonymous Cardholder

We have been long time customers of Conn's. We've bought a dishwasher, washer and dryer, and we are going to by a new TV this weekend. My friends, you did not get "scammed" by the promotion. 12 Months same as cash is exactly what it is. If you don't read what they give you and pay the minimum that they ACCEPT during that time, you are going to go over your 12 month allotted time. Then, they will add the interest. You HAVE to pay it off in 12 months. That's the promotion. You have to READ before you buy.

Jan 20, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

O% interest does not exist at Conns, balance never seems to add up after a payment and nobody can help or has any idea what is going on. it is called Conns for a reason.                                               tr.v.  connedcon·ningcons

To swindle (a victim) by first winning his or her confidence; dupe.

Dec 17, 2015
Promotions are great -
Anonymous Cardholder

I received a $2500 limit with a promotion of pay in 1 year, zero interest.  Any consumer should understand that this is a PROMOTION, payments cannot be at the minimum requested, or guess what, THEN IT WOULD NOT BE A PROMOTION, it would standard.  If you can, take advantage of promotions, if not, do the best you can and pay it off ASAP.  Actually, you should probablty pay off all creditors early, they will all save you money that way, kind of like a promotionless promotion.

Conn's Credit Card