2.8

Apr 07, 2017

I walked in to Conn's with credit around the 550 mark. I compared pricing on Televisions at every major store. I found a deal here on a Samsung 4k TV that was the exact same pricing at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. If you do your homework, they actually do have some good deals here. I was approved for about $5000, but I only spent about $750. With interest the TV ended up being $950 over about 24 months. I paid it off in about a year. I made all of my payments early or on-time and avoided any annoying phone calls or late fees. I would recommend anyone doing a little bit of research before they walk into the store, and know what product or purchase range you would like to be in so that you land a good price. Salespeople are pretty aggressive in Conn's (I'm guessing because of the commissions), but it's a great way to build credit, and finance furniture, appliances, or electronics if you have poor credit. I would advise everyone to keep up with payments, because from everything I read, they aggressively pursue you when you're late on payments. Most of the negative feedback I read before walking into Conn's was centered around harrassment for late payments. Personally, I had no issues at all with Conn's because I made every payment on time.

May 20, 2017
Be VERY Wary of theis Company

As I was just beginning to rebuild my credit, I applied for credit at Conn's. Synchrony Financial, who provides the credit card, turned me down, but I qualified for Conn's Yes Money finance plan, which offers 12 months same as cash. With that, I purchased a couple pieces of much-needed furniture. It was way overpriced, but the trade-off was the opportunity to maintain a positive credit line. Because the Yes Money plan is a secured loan--meaning that they can repo the merchandise if you don't pay--the buyer is required to purchase an accompanying insurance plan for the company's protection in case of consumer default. That's completely normal. My plan was to pay off the full amount within the 12 months because after 12 months, interest kicks in retroactively, meaning that you pay a very high interest rate all the way back to the beginning and for 24 months afterward. For me, that would have meant paying more than triple for the already overpriced furniture. I ended up paying off the full amount of the loan within 11 months. I went to the store to make my last payment, so that I could request a "Paid in Full" receipt. They assured me that I had indeed paid in full, but that I would receive a letter in the mail from corporate in a few days. It would show that the debt was satisfied, and that my balance was zero. When I didn't receive that letter after a couple weeks, I logged into my account online to see what was up. There, I found that my account still had an eight-dollar balance. Then, I called to find out why. Apparently, when I paid off the account, Conn's had failed to cancel the insurance, so I was assessed another monthly premium just a few weeks before my 12-month mark. The rep I spoke with told me that if I were to ignore that $8, the clock would restart on my account, and I would automatically owe 36 months of interest. However, she told me that because it was a "simple oversight", she could probably credit me the eight dollars and then, I'd receive my "Paid in Full" letter in a couple weeks. I decided NOT to chance it, and I went online and paid that ****ed 8 bucks right then. I then called and made certain that the insurance on the account was definitely cancelled. While I have no proof that they tried to pull a fast one on me, I'm HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS of them. After more than a year, I never received the "Paid in Full" letter I was promised, but it does show paid and closed on my credit reports. If you can avoid Conn's Yes Money financing, I highly recommend that you do at all cost. However, if you do take the chance with them, make sure that you watch EVERY move they make. Conn's has always had the reputation of being a very sleazy company both to work for and to do business with.

Feb 12, 2019
con artists

They lie to you. They put Insurance on products when you provide proof of coverage on your homeowners Insurance.

Dec 03, 2018
In store purchases only

It is rather easy to get an account with this company, but I have run into a snag. I was told, on the day of purchase, that my purchase qualified for a $300 rebate. I was told that I would receive an email after my first payment directing me how to file for my rebate. It is now a month and a half later and of course, no email. So I called them and they told me that I am past the date to file for the rebate. I explained the circumstances under which I was told to file after I received an email from them. The rep opened up a "ticket" to see if they can extend my claim time. I was told it may take up to 72 hours for resolution. I told the rep that there would be only ONE resolution, or they can come get the furniture back.

Aug 28, 2018
High *** interest

The sales person will call you like a loan shark calls for his money. But once they get the product to you they don't answer your questions. No concern for the customers.

May 19, 2018
CONN-Scam

They rip you off, lie and do not honor their words.. Customer Service is the worst ever. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I will never ever do business with them again. Paying off as fast as I can and getting rid of them. Hidden fees in contract...100 dollars

Dec 13, 2017
DON'T DO IT

I didn't know they will report the total you owe as INCLUDING the interest that MAY be charged. For example, I only spent $2,500 but my credit report shows I owe over $4,000! I HATED MY ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WITH CONN'S. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH CONN'S.

Jul 21, 2017
Never had any problems

On my first visit to Conns, I only qualified for the Acceptance Now program. I purchased a Samsung 55 inch tv and paid it off in 90 days. Went back in and purchased a Kamado Joe grill. This time I qualified for the Yes Money. Paid on it for about 7 months and went back in and added a MacBook to my account. No problem at all. So recently, I found myself in need of a new refrigerator. I went into Conns and found what I wanted. Applied for it and this time, Synchrony approved me. Long story short. I have nothing but good to say about Conns. I pay my bill on time every month and have never had any issue with them at all.

May 20, 2017
Be VERY Wary of theis Company

Apr 07, 2017

May 27, 2016
NO account balance on my account

Why does conns not show an account balance on my account. Why are they choosing to hide it????????????????????????

Apr 27, 2016
Love dealing with them!

I was a little nervious about doing business with them, but let me tell you, I am so happy i did! I got a preapproval letter for 2000 but when I actually applied I got 7000 credit with no down payment and 12months interest free! I purchased about 3700 worth of stuff and even opted in for their insurance. My min payment was 179. Now, keep in mind that they are like most stores, the interest is close to 21%. So, I just set a little extra aside each month so I will be able to pay it off in 12months and save a lot of money. I would def recommend them to anyone needing the items they offer and needing help with credit. They are a little higher on items but not bad. Again, overall I give them 5 stars! They made me feel welcome, took great care of me and I am very happy with my items!