United MileagePlus® Club Card

Mar 21, 2017
No access to lounges
JohnGalt76 Cardholder

I have had this card for over 2 years.  The first year I had no problems accessing lounges with United or Star Alliance members.  In 2017 I was denied access with the credit card and told I needed an additional club access card.  When I called Chase the associate informed me I needed to request the club access card and I probably missed in in the fine print.  This is incorrect.  From card terms and conditions: "The United Club membership card will be sent to the primary cardmember 6 weeks after the account open date. "  The card should have been mailed to me 6 weeks after I first opened the account.  After calling 3 times and being told I would be mailed one I still have yet to receive it 7 weeks after requesting it.

During the 4th call with their help desk I informed them that I would be travelling for 28 out of the next 30 days.  Their only solution was they would refund a single one time pass to a United Club.  This won't even complete my first trip as I have 2 layovers.

I'm not sure what procedures changed in 2017 but now the clubs will not let you in with the credit card alone.  You need a seperate club pass that is perpetually "in the mail".  I will be cancelling my account.  If you desire access to clubs save your $450 and just purchase day passes.

United MileagePlus® Club Card