3.6

Jun 18, 2012

Applied with a CK 687, Experian 730, Equifax FICO 724. Perfect record, 8 months of credit history. I was denied due to insufficient credit history. I called the reconsideration number to speak with a personal credit analyst (888-245-0625). I was surprised when the analyst said I still could not be approved. Chase will pretty much always approve an applicant who calls that number asking for a reconsideration. I called again and was told that I could not be approved because Chase will not approve an application for someone with less than 2 years of credit history, even with a prefect record. (Kudos to Chase for lending responsibly.) I then wrote a letter to the executive office making a case for my short but flawless credit history. Today I received an e-mail congradulating me on approval and informing me that my card is in the mail. Great card, but if you have less than two years credit history, expect a long uphill fight to get this card, even with good credit. I was told "no" three times before I got the application approved.

1925

Oct 28, 2011

I had two Chase credit cards ($5000 for one and $8500 for the other), with guaranteed 6.9% interest rates "for the life of the balance transfers". Credit limits were slowly raised as I used and paid the cards. I was never late, never overlimit. Paid on time *every* month, slightly more than the minimums. Then, I came into an unexpected windfall and paid off ~$5000 of the $8500 card. The next month I logged in and discovered that the credit limits for *both* cards had been lowered to the existing balances (give or take $50-$100). They'd also raised my interest rates to 29.99% for both cards. i'd had the cards for several years at that point, perfect payment histories and carried a balance. I called customer service, and they couldn't've been more terrible and rude. They said it was my debt-to-income ratio and utilization. I replied that they'd made my utilization much worse by lowering my credit lines. I also asked why they were taking punitive action when I'd *not* been late or over-limit; they replied that the small print said they could do whatever they wanted based on "perception of risk". I'd never been late or overlimit on ANY of my accounts with ANY lender, in over 12 years. I asked why my "perceived risk" was worse, when I'd never had *any* issues with *anyone*, and my income had actually steadily *increased* over the years. They replied debt-to-income ratio and utilization were outside the national averages, so I was perceived to be at great risk of defaulting/declaring bankruptcy. After more than 12 years of perfect history! I asked them to reconsider, as the increased interest rate was against their promises, and that I had been a good customer for several years. The CSR basically said I wasn't worth anything to them (despite paying interest faithfully all that time, albeit NO late or overlimit fees). They weren't earning enough on my cards, so they were taking punitive action in hopes I'd pay off or transfer out my balances, and stop being their customer so someone else would carry my "perceived risk". I asked whether they wouldn't rather have my regular interest and faithful payments instead of someone who would be late or default. The CSR said it was inevitable that *I* would default, and they wanted shut of me. I asked several times to speak to a supervisor (something that *no* other call center has ever denied me when needed - I'm someone who will actually ask for one to *praise* a good CSR, as I work in tech-support myself), and the CSR indicated that there were none. I repeated and he said it wasn't worth their time to talk to me, I wasn't worth it, and that the CSR was the only one I was ever going to be able to speak to. They succeeded. I transferred all my balances out to a Capital One card, which I then slowly but steadily paid off, and am now using regularly (charge, carry a bit to improve credit score, pay off - repeat). *Capital One* has been nothing but wonderful to me. I would *never* recommend Chase. I recommend Capital One very highly. 9.9% instead of 6.9%, but it's across the board instead of just balance transfers. Chase only wants either very rich clients or very poor ones that will generate fees. They don't want the little (or middle) guy. And their Customer "Service" was the *worst* I've ever encountered, bar NONE.

Sep 11, 2021
my first credit card.

love the rewards

Jul 14, 2021
Waste of your time

Only apply for this card if you have hours to spend on hold. After applying I was told I needed to talk with the Fraud Protection Dept, wait time over 50 minutes. I wanted 1 hour and 45 minutes then hung up. Called 2 days later at opening time and wait time was predicted at 8 minutes. After waiting 35 minutes I hung up and called Customer Service. I was informed they have no way to contact Fraud Protection except the number I was given, again wait time over estimate 50 minutes. Call number 3, wait time estimate 20 minutes. I waited 1 hour 10 minutes. Apparently they have one person that works part-time in this dept.

Jan 29, 2021
Better Cards Out There

Applied for the card, no application number tracking number or anything. Card took 10 days to arrive, wasn’t even sure if it was coming. After the card came I could not setup an online account and customer service was very hard to reach. Called the number on the back of the card and it said please call back later. I found another number for chase online. After setting up the account, I couldn’t make any purchases and support for that is only 8am-6pm so has to be done during working hours. Total waste of time, low credit line, poor customer service — would not recommend.

Jan 20, 2021
chase freedom card no good

i applied with a 747 credit score and was declined.using 7% of all charge cards no late payments,dont waste your time

Sep 01, 2020
Good with super high interest rates !

Was my first credit card - great the first year but must keep balance low to avoid fees - good first credit card :)

Mar 25, 2020
Great starter card

This was the first credit card I've applied for, got approved, and have. I never had an issue with fraud, declined payments, etc. and I always paid my balance off 100%. No issues whatsoever (Thankfully!). Overall, a nice first starter card. The only downside is it is really hard to rack up points if what you are spendingi s not within the quarter categories of their choosing.

Mar 22, 2020
Works for Me

Revolving Categories can be a little annoying as they only release them 15 days before the start of a period. Doesnt allow u plan right. April categories are total trash for my lifestyle

Dec 25, 2019
Rewards. none, Customer Service. Bad,

Chase: here's 2X on Chase Special offers Chase: Oh sorry, you don't qualify for Chase speial offers Chase CS: Don't know why you don't qualfy, can't help you. and don't care. :

Oct 09, 2019
Do they raise every 6 months or 12 month

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things but I don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one

Oct 09, 2019
Do they rasie your limit

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things and don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one