3.1
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Mar 04 2016
Shocked 2x

I was clueless when it came to credit and how it worked. Thought I was screwed forever because of mistakes I made early on. Every now and then I would apply for a store card and always get denied. Received a Chase freedom invitation email and said "why not?". Probably the first time I'd applied for a CC in 2+ years. Instantly approved for $500! Whaaaattt??? That was the first shocker.!! Signed up for CK and had a 530ish score with 2 collections. Paid the collections off in full, did tons of homework on my own, got some advice from a friend and brought my score up 100 points in three months. Applied for a CO quicksilver and was approved for $300. Fast forward five months(eight months from when I was first approved for the CF) and I'm sitting with a TU:694 and EQ:682. QS limit was just raised to $800 and I was debating on whether or not to request a CLI for my CF. After calling twice and backing out both times, I decided to go for it. When the lady on the phone asked me how much of an increase I wanted I first said $1000, then switched to $500, then explained I was a little nervous about the ordeal and wasn't sure how much I should request. She then asked "You wanna just leave it blank and see what happens?" and I said "Sure". The next words I heard through the operator's smile was "you've been approved for a $5000 increase bringing your limit up to $5500." Shocker number two! I thought it was going to take my at least another year to get a limit that high! Third time was truly a charm!! Thanks to CF's insane approval and everything I've learned from CK's site--especially these cardholder's reviews-- I'm on the road to great credit!!! Such a friggin relief!!!!!! :) :) :)

Mar 17 2018

I applied for this card and was approved. They even sent me the card and everything was great. Then a week later I got a letter. It said they checked my credit score and didn't qualify for the credit card. My score is 738! I've never missed a payment on anything.? I will never do business with Chase again. I was utterly humiliated. How do you approve and send a card, then send a letter of rejection? What an awful way to do business.?

Mar 22 2020
Works for Me

Revolving Categories can be a little annoying as they only release them 15 days before the start of a period. Doesnt allow u plan right. April categories are total trash for my lifestyle

Dec 29 2019
Keep your balance under 20%

If you carry a balance over 20% there's a good likelihood you will have your card cancelled without any notice or warning. Immediately paying the card off in full and calling to ask to be reinstated falls on deaf ears

Dec 25 2019
Rewards. none, Customer Service. Bad,

Chase: here's 2X on Chase Special offers Chase: Oh sorry, you don't qualify for Chase speial offers Chase CS: Don't know why you don't qualfy, can't help you. and don't care. :

Oct 09 2019
Do they raise every 6 months or 12 month

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things but I don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one

Oct 09 2019
Do they rasie your limit

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things and don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one

Sep 25 2019

I absolutely LOVE this card! My only other credit card was a secured capital one card and the credit limit was only raised once in a year and a half, from $200 to $500. I got chase freedom in January with a 640 credit score and they approved me for $1200 and every few months they raise in another grand! I love it!

Sep 11 2019
WEIRD POLICIES

I have a good paying job, good credit, open account in Bank of America, 2 credit cards and a clean record. FOR SOME REASON, which they won't disclose, they have accepted and then retrieved/cancelled a credit card application right afterwards, really affecting my credit score. Now, after opening a checking account with them, they've CLOSED my account with no explanation just a couple of days later. I'm really trying to understand, but will never try to do business with them again and I don't recommend it to anyone.?

Sep 01 2019
Bunch of lying thieves

First understand I NEVER leave negative reviews because I am also in the customer service industry so I take a lot of things with the knowledge that people are human and mistakes are made. When I first got this card, I was consistent in paying every month. Ran into a financial hardship around the same time as I had my card stolen, was told another card would be shipped to me. That was a lie. They canceled my account and started tacking on late fees and raising their interest rates on me. I get it, my credit decreased so they have to do what they have to do. Fast forward to when I was finally in a position to pay my balance, was told I would be enrolled in the balance liquidation program which would stop the late fees and interest fees. Another lie. Called back today and was told the last 2 payments that they took from my account under the guise of this program mean absolutely nothing, that they only covered the fees from the last two months, and they they would no longer allow me to enroll in the program so I would need to pay my balance in full today or would keep accruing fees. This is absolutely absurd and insulting. Jasmine, their manager, told me essentially they weren?t going to do anything to fix their mistake. All this company cares about is making more money for their giant bank and they will lie and swindle you any way they can to do that. Please go with another card. This has been one of the worst financial decisions I have ever made.?

Sep 01 2019
Bunch of lying thieves

Aug 29 2019
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS WORTHLESS CARD

I?ll be closing my account because I was recently declined on their credit card offer that they sent me. Why would you sent an offer if you are going to decline? That just hurts the customers credit by putting an useless inquiry that won?t go away for two years. DO NOT APPLY FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS. You need 850 credit score to get it. I?m closing my account. For anybody looking for a credit card go to Bank of America instead. They will approve you with 750 and they have helped me in much better ways. I have very good credit and it?s not wnough for chase. Who do you think you are? Ibateas of deepening the customer relationship you just push them away. I?m taking my money and direct deposit elsewhere. I didn?t feel valued at all. This bank is nothing special than any other. I definitely do not recommend.?