3.4

Jun 18 2012

Applied with a CK 687, Experian 730, Equifax FICO 724. Perfect record, 8 months of credit history. I was denied due to insufficient credit history. I called the reconsideration number to speak with a personal credit analyst (888-245-0625). I was surprised when the analyst said I still could not be approved. Chase will pretty much always approve an applicant who calls that number asking for a reconsideration. I called again and was told that I could not be approved because Chase will not approve an application for someone with less than 2 years of credit history, even with a prefect record. (Kudos to Chase for lending responsibly.) I then wrote a letter to the executive office making a case for my short but flawless credit history. Today I received an e-mail congradulating me on approval and informing me that my card is in the mail. Great card, but if you have less than two years credit history, expect a long uphill fight to get this card, even with good credit. I was told "no" three times before I got the application approved.

Oct 28 2011

I had two Chase credit cards ($5000 for one and $8500 for the other), with guaranteed 6.9% interest rates "for the life of the balance transfers". Credit limits were slowly raised as I used and paid the cards. I was never late, never overlimit. Paid on time *every* month, slightly more than the minimums. Then, I came into an unexpected windfall and paid off ~$5000 of the $8500 card. The next month I logged in and discovered that the credit limits for *both* cards had been lowered to the existing balances (give or take $50-$100). They'd also raised my interest rates to 29.99% for both cards. i'd had the cards for several years at that point, perfect payment histories and carried a balance. I called customer service, and they couldn't've been more terrible and rude. They said it was my debt-to-income ratio and utilization. I replied that they'd made my utilization much worse by lowering my credit lines. I also asked why they were taking punitive action when I'd *not* been late or over-limit; they replied that the small print said they could do whatever they wanted based on "perception of risk". I'd never been late or overlimit on ANY of my accounts with ANY lender, in over 12 years. I asked why my "perceived risk" was worse, when I'd never had *any* issues with *anyone*, and my income had actually steadily *increased* over the years. They replied debt-to-income ratio and utilization were outside the national averages, so I was perceived to be at great risk of defaulting/declaring bankruptcy. After more than 12 years of perfect history! I asked them to reconsider, as the increased interest rate was against their promises, and that I had been a good customer for several years. The CSR basically said I wasn't worth anything to them (despite paying interest faithfully all that time, albeit NO late or overlimit fees). They weren't earning enough on my cards, so they were taking punitive action in hopes I'd pay off or transfer out my balances, and stop being their customer so someone else would carry my "perceived risk". I asked whether they wouldn't rather have my regular interest and faithful payments instead of someone who would be late or default. The CSR said it was inevitable that *I* would default, and they wanted shut of me. I asked several times to speak to a supervisor (something that *no* other call center has ever denied me when needed - I'm someone who will actually ask for one to *praise* a good CSR, as I work in tech-support myself), and the CSR indicated that there were none. I repeated and he said it wasn't worth their time to talk to me, I wasn't worth it, and that the CSR was the only one I was ever going to be able to speak to. They succeeded. I transferred all my balances out to a Capital One card, which I then slowly but steadily paid off, and am now using regularly (charge, carry a bit to improve credit score, pay off - repeat). *Capital One* has been nothing but wonderful to me. I would *never* recommend Chase. I recommend Capital One very highly. 9.9% instead of 6.9%, but it's across the board instead of just balance transfers. Chase only wants either very rich clients or very poor ones that will generate fees. They don't want the little (or middle) guy. And their Customer "Service" was the *worst* I've ever encountered, bar NONE.

Mar 25 2020
Great starter card

This was the first credit card I've applied for, got approved, and have. I never had an issue with fraud, declined payments, etc. and I always paid my balance off 100%. No issues whatsoever (Thankfully!). Overall, a nice first starter card. The only downside is it is really hard to rack up points if what you are spendingi s not within the quarter categories of their choosing.

Mar 22 2020
Works for Me

Revolving Categories can be a little annoying as they only release them 15 days before the start of a period. Doesnt allow u plan right. April categories are total trash for my lifestyle

Dec 29 2019
Keep your balance under 20%

If you carry a balance over 20% there's a good likelihood you will have your card cancelled without any notice or warning. Immediately paying the card off in full and calling to ask to be reinstated falls on deaf ears

Dec 25 2019
Rewards. none, Customer Service. Bad,

Chase: here's 2X on Chase Special offers Chase: Oh sorry, you don't qualify for Chase speial offers Chase CS: Don't know why you don't qualfy, can't help you. and don't care. :

Oct 09 2019
Do they raise every 6 months or 12 month

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things but I don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one

Oct 09 2019
Do they rasie your limit

Do they raise your limited every 6 months or 12 months I read different things and don't want to waste a hard inquiry to ask for one

Sep 25 2019

I absolutely LOVE this card! My only other credit card was a secured capital one card and the credit limit was only raised once in a year and a half, from $200 to $500. I got chase freedom in January with a 640 credit score and they approved me for $1200 and every few months they raise in another grand! I love it!

Sep 11 2019
WEIRD POLICIES

I have a good paying job, good credit, open account in Bank of America, 2 credit cards and a clean record. FOR SOME REASON, which they won't disclose, they have accepted and then retrieved/cancelled a credit card application right afterwards, really affecting my credit score. Now, after opening a checking account with them, they've CLOSED my account with no explanation just a couple of days later. I'm really trying to understand, but will never try to do business with them again and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Sep 01 2019
Bunch of lying thieves

First understand I NEVER leave negative reviews because I am also in the customer service industry so I take a lot of things with the knowledge that people are human and mistakes are made. When I first got this card, I was consistent in paying every month. Ran into a financial hardship around the same time as I had my card stolen, was told another card would be shipped to me. That was a lie. They canceled my account and started tacking on late fees and raising their interest rates on me. I get it, my credit decreased so they have to do what they have to do. Fast forward to when I was finally in a position to pay my balance, was told I would be enrolled in the balance liquidation program which would stop the late fees and interest fees. Another lie. Called back today and was told the last 2 payments that they took from my account under the guise of this program mean absolutely nothing, that they only covered the fees from the last two months, and they they would no longer allow me to enroll in the program so I would need to pay my balance in full today or would keep accruing fees. This is absolutely absurd and insulting. Jasmine, their manager, told me essentially they weren't going to do anything to fix their mistake. All this company cares about is making more money for their giant bank and they will lie and swindle you any way they can to do that. Please go with another card. This has been one of the worst financial decisions I have ever made.

Sep 01 2019