Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 3,812
Data Created: October 01, 2013

233 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 233Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 24   Previous | Next

Regardless of what you think about Chase, this is hands down one of the best rewards cards out there.  If you are complaining about high interest rates, then you should think twice about why you would want to apply for this card in the first place.  This card is for responsible, high credit borrowers who want high rewards.

ryan's review was:

Oct 21, 2010 Reply

ryan(77, 702)

Review by ryan

Top Contributor

Great service and great points/cash back. Havent seen any other card that can match this level of cashback.

nabinthomas's review was:

Dec 29, 2010 Reply

nabinthomas(5, 7)

Review by nabinthomas

Great Customer Service Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

My CK is 688 and Experian 651. I have 1 late payment of 60 days about 2 years ago, credit limit of 1K total. About 9-11 hard inquiries. I usually keep my credit utilization lower than 30% and never missed a payment. I'm 24 years old.

I applied yesterday and received an autoresponse that my application had been denied. However, I called the reconsideration line and a nice lady answer the phone. I told her about my late payment which happened in my college days. She asked another question or two and told me I was approved for $1K (happy with credit limit). So far I'm loving the customer service. Looking forward to use the card.

calengineer's review was:

Nov 12, 2013 Reply

calengineer(2, 2)

Review by calengineer

They gave me a $2000.00 credit line 3 years ago. I have not had a single late payment on this card ever, but I have had identity theft happen to me twice with this card. They were so nice and understanding about it and I didn't pay a cent of the identity theft charges. I also get a lot of bonus points which i've cashed in for actual cash.  ON THE FLIP SIDE- they have not given me a CLI and they do a hard pull for CLI's. I've been on time with them for 3 years now, they've made tons of money off of my interest. CLI please!

blm457's review was:

Dec 01, 2010 Reply

blm457(1, 2)

Review by blm457

Chase sucks out her on the west coast. They ripped of all the Washington Mutual Customers. Switched accounts. Change Free accounts to accounts with monthly fee's. All with out proper noticfication. Won't correct problems when they have other current products that are free. Raise your intrest rate at their whim even when you have paid off the ballance every month on time. They use people from other countries to answer the phone. These people can't speak english good enough to understand and don't give &?#! about you. Stay away if you haven't had any trouble you will because everyone else is leaving and they have to steal money from someone. It's just a matter of time before they get you.

spaiirring's review was:

Sep 05, 2010 Reply

spaiirring(19, 67)

Review by spaiirring

Top Contributor

Chase is HORRIBLE!!! I've had a Chase Platinum Visa since 2006 always pay more then minimum balance never been late or anything and they refuse to increase my intial $750 limit or drop my APR which they say is the best they can offer me at 28.99% "even though the default is 29.99%" Go with another bank that appricates your business and will do automatic increase's such as a credit union or Capital One!

cdgarcia03's review was:

May 16, 2010 Reply

cdgarcia03(2, 2)

Review by cdgarcia03

I forget to say thanks to credit karma for providing such a great service. Just hope that you would allow me to edit on my comment after submitting it. I am able to do that in other kind of websites.

wonwon's review was:

May 12, 2010 Reply

wonwon(20, 27)

Review by wonwon

Top Contributor

We can look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

CK Moderator

Easily one of the best rewards cards out there, especially with the $50 bonus on $200. Combine with the AMEX Blue Cash and you can't go wrong. I've had Chase cards for years (last one was an Amazon) and twice I've had problems with theft and fraudulent purchases. In both cases, Chase refunded the money to me immediately and the whole process was hassle-free. My wife had cards from another company and when hers showed up with fraudulent purchases, it was a total trainwreck. After speaking with tons of managers and seemingly every department in customer service, we canceled her cards and switched her over to mine.

I can't comment on rate increases, because we pay off our balance monthly and we only use the cards to make money on our purchases. I don't really care what my rate is; I want cash back and high limits (for debt-to-credit ratios). Chase has raised my limit a few times without my asking (and a couple of times after I asked). If you have good credit, I'm not sure why you're worrying about your rate. You should put all of your big purchases on a 0% card anyway if you plan to carry a balance for an extended period of time.

ryan's review was:

Aug 18, 2009 Reply

ryan(77, 702)

Review by ryan

Top Contributor

The feature of Chsed freedom card appeared here and on Chase own website is somewhat misleading and deceiving: "Get 5% Cash Back offers in popular rotating categories like gas, groceries, airlines, home improvement and many more "

The fact is , these categories is not good for the year round.

It is not the 15 everyday spending categories that Chase Freedom card used to have before.

Every 3 months, the rotating categories are different and customer must enroll quarterly to be eligible.

wonwon's review was:

May 16, 2010 Reply

wonwon(20, 27)

Review by wonwon

Credit limit Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

This chase freedom credit card is not a good option if your looking for a good credit limit and decent customer service.

I applied the card yesterday and got it approved for mere $500. I have good credit score and good income.

I called the customer care today and requested for credit line increase. They responded saying they would post a new credit enquiry on my name to increase the credit limit. I responded saying, you have just obtained my credit report 6 hours ago and the customer care agent was like thats mandatory even though it didnt make any sense.

I have american express and BOA credit cards and never faced such thing to increase my credit limit.

The introductory 15 months 0% APR is attractive, but  what is the use of it if the bank doesnt give your good credit limit.

So please be aware and avoid this credit card.

vy32's review was:

• Balance Transfer Regular APR 13.99% – 22.99%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 15 Months
  • Purchase Regular APR 13.99% – 22.99%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (233)

Top Similar Cards

Chase Card services offers a diverse assortment of products and benefits for consumers’ credit needs, such as rewards cards, travel cards, miles cards, business cards, student cards, as well as its most popular credit card, the Chase Freedom card. Chase also has numerous partnerships with retailers and merchants for co-branded credit cards backed by Chase. Credit cards are issued by Chase Bank, the banking subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co and one of the biggest banks in the United States. Chase Bank provides personal banking, small business, mortgage, auto finance, investing, and a full-service array of banking services.

Chase Bank, formerly known as Chase Manhattan Bank, grew rapidly in the past decade, merging with J.P. Morgan & Co. in 2000 and renamed to Chase Bank. Today, Chase is one of the biggest banks in the United States. Established over 200 years ago, JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services company with more than $2.1 trillion in assets with operations in 60 countries.

Chase Freedom®