Credit Card Reviews

Barclaycard Financing Visa® Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 1,409
Data Created: October 01, 2013

46 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 46Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Denied Online, Approved with Recon Helpful to 14 out of 14 people

Denied online, but a call to the back door number a few hours later got me in touch with a helpful agent who approved me for $1500 for a new Macbook Pro. It sucks I had to do a recon, but at least that part was fast and painless.

At the time, I had a TU score of 644 and CK score of 643. 2 years of history and 0 late payments. 6 inquiries (all but two older than 7 months). About $16K/yr income (student worker... don't judge me).

But guys, please PLEASE remember this: any non-qualifying purchase you make with this card (basically anything non-Apple) *WILL* be hit with interest. And as I hope you all know, any payments you make will be applied to the non-qualifying items and the interest they generate FIRST; whatever's left is then applied to the 0% APR purchase. In short, don't use this card until you've paid off your Apple purchase or you may not be able to pay it off before the 0% APR period ends. And if THAT happens, you're not going to like what your next statement will look like...

Stralem's review was:

Apr 25, 2013 Reply

Stralem(4, 27)

Review by Stralem

Which backdoor number did you use?

KMARAVILLA's reply was:

Dec 10, 2013

KMARAVILLA(1, 0)

Review by KMARAVILLA

what's the back door number? so i can give a call becuase i am a college student and make the same income as you

cchris214's reply was:

Jul 06, 2013

cchris214(1, 0)

Review by cchris214

Great Card Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I have had this card for about 2 years, I orginally got approved for $1200 with a credit score of 612. I have increased my credit limit with them (with on time payments mostly in full) $1000 every six months. It has helped raise my credit score to 654 since then.

Merryband's review was:

Mar 19, 2013 Reply

Merryband(4, 4)

Review by Merryband

Did you have to ask for the credit limit increases or did they just appear once every six months?

Review by HelpMeCreditKarma2020

I was more than happy with the credit limit provided to me, $2,000.  It is not my highest limit, but close.  (It sure beats the toy limits from 'you know who won't give a CLI.')  The website is impressive looking and easy to navigate.  I was approved a month after I was given a Marathon Visa card for $2,500.  I give them 5 stars for now!  I got an instant decision, no waiting with a CK score of 676, TR of 759 and an EX of 686.  They pulled EX.

bernhardtra's review was:

Jul 25, 2012 Reply

bernhardtra(98, 389)

Review by bernhardtra

Top Contributor

I am surprised they pulled EX. From most of the reports I have read online Barclays always uses TU. I was approved instantly for $2,000, which shocked and delighted me. Now I will always be loyal to Barclays. I plan on keeping this card forever. I have read online that Barclays does monitor your credit report for new inquiries and may lower your limit if you apply for many cards after you get the Barclays. I don't know if that is true, but now that I have a real  VISA, I am counting my blessings and will use the card wisely.

I got approve with a 613 fico score for 1300

Dec 20, 2011 Reply
Surprised Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Upon having my BK7 discharged earlier this year, I applied for this card (June I believe). I was denied due to recent BK7. I called some backdoor number. The guy said something about having at least 6 months good payment history.

Fast forward to this month. My Macbook died and I didn't have $1500 to buy a new one. I figured I'd apply online again and maybe get a "manual decision" so I could call the backdoor number and plead my case (again). Instant decision! $2k CL. I double-checked to make sure it wasn't $200.

kevcito's review was:

Dec 17, 2013 Reply

kevcito(11, 25)

Review by kevcito

Top Contributor

Approved instantly online for 1700 with 705 CK score as a student (23k/year income). 2 year credit history, zero late payments. Very excited to purchase my MacBook Pro at 12 months, 0% interest!

mariettia's review was:

Nov 30, 2013 Reply

mariettia(4, 7)

Review by mariettia

Great Card Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I curretly have this card and it is great. Customer service is helpful, and the app is great too. I can pay my bill very easily and it's helped me build my credit. I would recommend this card to anyone. I've had it for a year and plan to keep it a lot longer. :)

christinanash's review was:

Oct 10, 2012 Reply

christinanash(1, 2)

Review by christinanash

Nice for Apple products, and great CLI Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I got this card back in October 2012. I applied to get a MacBook Pro and was given a 2k limit. Know that I only had one credit card before this and it was a BofA student credit card that I got when I was 18, with a limit of 700 only. My credit score, may have been about 700 around that time, give or take, I did not check before applying. I have gotten two CLI, and have never asked for it. The first time, they increased it by 2k to a limit of 4k, and then the second time, just a month ago, increased it 2.2k, so now have a limit of 6.2k. Credit Karma says my fako score is 763, and quizzes says 707 on the EX report. They're really good with apple products, if you buy later after the 30 days, just give them a call so that they're expecting it and can make sure it's 0% APR.

kp19's review was:

Nov 05, 2013 Reply

kp19(1, 1)

Review by kp19

Good Card With NO ANNUAL FEE Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I really like this card. I was approved for a $700 limit and financed an iPod. I've paid that off since, and recently took advantage of a balance transfer offer fior 3.99%. I haven't gotten any limit raises yet, but am hoping to once I pay off the full balance. I'm not sure what my score was when I was first approved, but only had one credit card with a 60 day late payment within 6 months of that.

allthememories's review was:

Oct 28, 2013 Reply

allthememories(2, 3)

Review by allthememories

Other then the ridiculous APR, this card is pretty good for establishing good credit history.  I thought this was an Apple Card but really - this is a true financing card.  I get regularly, offers for balance transfers and financing offers like 0% for 12 months with 1% BT fees or 0% for 18 months with 3% BT fees.  The offers come with convience checks that I can use at my discretion and I frequently take them up on the offers when I want to float a blance for a short time.   They were the first to offer me a good starting limit so I appreciate Barclays and am a loyal customer.

scoley9127's review was:

May 05, 2012 Reply

scoley9127(6, 20)

Review by scoley9127

Always be loyal to Barclays.

Results 1-10 of 46Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Barclaycard Financing Visa® Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (46)

Barclaycard is a global credit card and loan provider, based primarily in the UK. Barclaycard in the United States issues credit cards partnered with over 60 companies and brands worldwide, including retailers like L.L. Bean and Apple to services like Priceline.com and Travelocity. Barclaycard offers cards spanning basic credit cards to rewards and travel credit cards. Barclaycard's website also includes a resource center, complete with articles to help customers manage credit widely. Barclaycard developed in the U.S. in 2004 to partner with leading U.S. companies and deliver co-branded credit cards, and helped to develop Barclays' presence in the U.S.

Barclaycard is a member of Barclays PLC, a major global financial services provider involved with retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking, wealth management, and investment management services. Barclays PLC operates in over 50 countries and services account for over 27 million customer and clients worldwide.

Barclaycard Financing Visa® Card