First National Bank Secured Visa® Card Reviews

Mar 09, 2017
Haven't seen a CLI after 2 years
myopioncounts Cardholder

On a good note, I got this card 2 years ago so that I could rebuild my credit. They have always reported my 100% payment history to the credit bureaus which helped raised my score (I have other credit cards as well) from 487 to 611. But they still haven't offered and have denied me a credit line increase. They originally said that I would be able to get one after 7 months (It's been 2 years now). I have 100% payment history. I have always carried a balance but have recently paid the card off in full about a month ago. I have never gone over the limit either. I plan on closing this account very soon after my husband and I buy a home.

Aug 22, 2016
Good for reestablishing credit
juniebrunner Cardholder

After my BR13 was discharged I waited a few months before establishing a secured card to get me back on my way.  I did a bit of research and this one seemed like my best bet.

I will say that true to most of the other reviews, its been 7 months since I made my deposit and received my card and I too got an increase.  I use it once or twice a month and pay it off with the next billing date.  I just logged in to check my credit on CK which I do once a week and when I saw my score went up, I clicked to see why.  Sure enough FNBO had increased my credit limit.  Not by much but its SOMETHING.

My credit score has gone up a few points here and there over the 7 months and I have also received a couple of other lines of credit via other cards (non-secured I might add!) so reestablishing credit in the right way WILL work.

Now I am curious to see if my initial deposit is going to be returned to me as others have stated.  If I get that refunded AND my limit was increased then this has been a GREAT experience with FNBO!!!

First National Bank Secured Visa® Card