Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Virgin America Visa Signature® Card

Aug 20, 2016
Underlying bank is bottom of the barrel
emadow Cardholder

I REALLY wish I could have held onto this card.

Like what other reviewers said, they CONSTANTLY put a hold on the card for anti-fraud protections -- rules that could not be eased. I'd have to call in a dozen times to validate recent purchase(s) in order to reactivate the card. The last time it happened, they completely closed my account until I sent in a trove of paperwork (passport/id/social security card/current bank statement) to prove my identity. All of this despite never having a single fraudulent purchase on the card. At that point I decided it wasn't worth it to move forward.

Comenity would also FREQUENTLY reissue cards with new account numbers without notice because of various data breaches they've had. Astonishingly, it would sometimes take 3+ weeks to get new cards.

Virgin really should have gone with a different bank. Comenity is completely disorganized. I cannot discourage them more.

May 23, 2016
Insecure
Anonymous Cardholder

I have had this card for maybe 2.5 – 3 years, and have to replace it close to 7-8 times because of fraudulent activity. I have other cards that I use frequently, but do not nearly have the problems I've had with this card. It seems like just about every 3-4 months I need to replace it. My assumption because customer service only tells me that this is the climate of credit card usage is that your card will get hacked no matter what is that the security and protection on this card is very low in comparison to other cards. Like I said I have other cards that I use frequently and I haven't had to replace them, let alone 7-8 times.

The benefits and the miles are great, but it's super inconvenient to have to constantly look through my charges, identify what isn't mine and wait a week to get a new card every couple months.

May 17, 2016
Easy to Use. Love the Rewards.
HariKariGirl Cardholder

Approval for Virgin America was fast and simple.  Card arrived in under on business week after approval.  Has been great to me with constant CLI's.  Waited 5 months for the first and then hit the credit increase button every 3 months after.  They have yet to stop giving me higher limits.  While I've read around the web that some have had troubles with Fraud alerts or with dealing with Comenity over the phone, I've yet to experience either.  Use this card constantly for accruing miles and whether it's a $5 charge or in the thousands, I have never once had the charge not go through instantaneously.  If you fly VA then the points really start to add up fast.  All around this is my favourite card in my wallet.  Have yet to ever need to call in to speak with a CSR which is why I'm giving it 4 stars as I'm not sure if I'd encounter any of the annoyances that others have with calling in to get assistance.  Great card though for the perks and awesome card for getting your CL way up.

Virgin America Visa Signature® Card