2.7

Mar 13 2012

Have had this card for two months now. Received a "pre selected" mail offer, filled out the application online and was instantly approved with a $300 CL and $39 annual fee. I must've missed the cash back promotion...oh well. It's a nice basic rebuilder card...none of those crazy processing fees or other nonsense. I typically charge up to 2/3's of the credit limit and then pay most of that off before the statement posts...leaves a nice small balance which helps lower utilization. Not sure what might happen once Capital One takes over...I've asked CSR's and they've said everything should go as normal but I guess we'll see...

Jun 14 2013
Downhill since Capone took over

Customer service has gone downhill since the take over. Credit limit increases have been frozen. Policies are different than Capone policies even though it is the same bank now. I filed with the BBB against their counterpart Capone and they called me to tell me that I could not have a credit limit increase since I had just gotten one. I informed them I was not concerned about this account but the Capone account. I responded accordingly with the BBB. They said they resolved it with me to the BBB, but I contested it again and again simply telling them that the complaint was not for Household, but for Capone. They tried as much as they could to get a good resolve and even told me that Capone would contact me. Capone did not and they kept trying for the good resolve with the BBB. I held firm with the fact that I was contesting Capone and not Household. When it finally came down to it, they did not get a good resolve with the BBB. It was like they specifically chose the Household account to use in the dispute to easily get a good resolve and attempted to make sure of this instead of dealing with the Capone account. I don't like the customer service anymore, it used to be nice and friendly, but now it is just scripted Capone responses which really make no sense.

Jun 14 2013
Downhill since Capone took over

Feb 28 2013
Watch your back with this company

We had a HSBC card and had excellent credit/payment history with them, Then, my husband became disabled very suddenly and I struggled to make the payments. They offered us a settlement plan, which we agreed to. We had to give them permission to automatically deduct payments from our account for 6 months to fulfill our obligation to them and have the card paid in full. We agreed to these terms and they deducted all payments. After they were paid, we continued to be billed and when we called, they said we missed a payment, so the agreement was void. I faxed them proof of the payment and thought it was settled. Still continued to receive bills, were then told that my husband didn't agree to terms of settlement so it was void. We are going to court tomorrow with the third company they sold our (paid in full ) accoun to. This has been a nightmare for us and in hindsight, we should have filed bankrupcy. We tried to honor our obligations and this is the ONLY credit card company that has pulled devious, underhanded tactics on us. Called our Congressman and was told it is the worst credit card company to deal with. Also FYI, do all of you know that this is a bank in CHINA and has a different name? They use HSBC to relate to Americans. Stay as far from this company as you can, or insure your balance to be paid in case of sudden illness/death. You definately can not trust this bank. If I could rate it a negative star, I would!!

Oct 02 2012
Just so so

I got this card over a year ago. No annual fee and rewards. I have never had an issue with Household. I pay it off each month and never late. I was given a small credit limit. After the 9th or 10th month I asked for a CLI and was given $200. It is tied with Capone as the lowest limit I have. (At least Household gives CLI's, Capone one after more than 2 years has not upped my credit limit.) I have asked to have my interest rate lowered, but no go on that. (I don't carry a balance, so not that important, but would be nice in case I have to at one point.) The customer service is adequate and they treat you fairly nicely. (I can it is much better than their sister bank Capone. They just simply say the same stale stuff over and over again. And what Capone says never really makes sense.) I wish they would give better CLI's or give them more often.

Sep 02 2012

I have contacted HSBC many times about a so called balance due. These funds have been transfered to a 0% interest promotion a long time ago. They still are showing a so called balance. It is affecting my creditkarma credit score. They are still among the high interest, blood sucking interest financial interests that the so called U.S. government regulators felt worth saving. Is this in retaliation for me not using their credit card? GET THIS BALANCE TAKEN CARE OF!!!!! I feel it is time for the FREE people of the U.S. to stand up and boy-cot these blood thisty vultures.

May 07 2012

The card is ok. Big set backs are the annual fee for me is $59, and every time you call, the indian people on the other side, are hard to understand, and on top of that they offer you services that you barely can tell what they are since they speak broken english, every time you call they offer you something is annoing.

Apr 28 2012

i hate thus card

Mar 13 2012

Mar 10 2012

Sat. 3./10/12 HSBC BANK Continues NEGLECTING to HONOR Credit Protection and FALSLEY REPORTING MY Credit Status--THIS IS AN OUTRAGE--REPORTED CLAIM ON TRANSUNION!

Mar 04 2012

3/4/12 Again I am DISPUTING Posted Amount on Credit Bureaus. As of Dec. 31, 2011 Balance $287.11--Acct. under PAP:"Personal Account Protection". Under Contractual Stipulations I have provided ALL REQUESTED VERIFICATION DOCUMENTING UNEMPLOYMENT. Yet, they now are FALSLEY REPORTING LATE FEES AND CREDIT STATUS!

Feb 10 2012

2/10/12 HSBC has yet to FULLY HONOR the "Pesonal Account Protection" which I purchased in accordance with Contractual Stipulations. FALSLEY REPORTING Incorrect Balance andPast Due Status. ILLEGAL harrassing phone calls even on Sunday which is OUTSIDE the FCRA guidelines. I have never been late, nor failed to fulfill necessary "PAP" reporting.