Love this thing. I'm 23 and VERY new to credit.
- As of now, my scores are 729TransUnion & 715EQ (Through my Discover account FICO tells me I'm at 739, not sure whats up with that)
- My only other card is the Open Sky secured card with a limit of $200.
- Opened that one around summer 2015
- in late April 2016 I applied for this one, the secured Discover card, gave a $300 deposit for a $300 credit limit (wasnt ready to apply for a regular credit card, I had a strong feeling I'd be denied despite begin extremely responsible with my OpenSky card)
- Began using the Discover It Secured card monthly in May 2016
- by this month, November 4th, 2016 to be exact, I recieved a letter in the mail congratulating me, along with a $300 security deposit refund check, they also increased my limit to $750
I make less than $11,000 a year (I know, lame, I work part-time retail) so I really only wanted a couple credit cards to build credit so I'll be at least somewhat established in the credit world by the time I need good credit for something adult-y, therefore, I'm more than content with my new limit of $750 because I pretty much ONLY use it **ONCE A MONTH** to get gas. That's the only thing I've ever used my both of my cards for, and I usually pay my balance 1-3 days after I use the card. I don't wait for the statement. Not sure if this even helps to build credit but that's how I do it. Anyway, I totally didnt expect a bump in my $300 credit line at all, so it's really awesome that after 6 months i got my $300 back AND they added $450 to my limit. Nice to know they ackowledged my responsibility as a cardholder. THANKS, DISCOVER!
ONE MORE THING: totally insignificant but the card itself is gorgeous. I love looking at it. The deep silver color with rainbow reflect and orange rim. Very new age and hip!
To anyone who is still reading this, I hope you have a wonderful day. :)