Discover it® Miles Reviews

Dec 09, 2016
miles that don't expire it only doubles
speedmetalhead Cardholder

I have been watching and wanting the discover mils card for less than a year now. My credit rebuilding journey begins around one year ago when my credit was in the upper 500s. In a word it was "BAD". It took me about 6 months to clean up my credit since then, using lexington (they helped a lot). Around 1 year ago I had no credit cards, understandibly so, because of my bad credit. Audaciously enough, I applied for a discover-it card last year, which was declined instantly. I called helpdesk and they were kind enough (given my predicament) to offer me a secured card, an offer to which I gladly acknowleged. Over a few months that followed, capital one approved me for a quicksilver mastercard with a $500. By the time it was june 2016, I got the amex premier rewards gold charge card, as well. In all, its been 1 year since I started my credit rebuilding journey with the discover-it secured. Over this period however, I have been eyeing on a proper airline mile card and the discover card stood out for me. Discover btw, would not approve a second card until the first card has been opened for a year (discover policy). Last month my secured card graduated a full year with a good payment history, so I went ahead and gave it a try. Walaa, I was approved for a $6500 CL.

The cards I have today : Discover IT Secured ($1000), Cap1 Mastercard ($2500 (after 2 CLIs in 1 year)), AMEX Gold (chargecard), Discover Miles ($6500)

Discover it® Miles