AT&T Universal Savings & Rewards Card Reviews

Jun 22, 2017
Horrible experience
Anonymous Cardholder

On 6/20/2017 I made a payment to ATT Universal Card for $750. There site reflects that this payment was made, decreased my credit limit and this payment has already cleared my bank which is Amegy Bank on 6/21/17. However ATT Universal Card has yet to credit my payment and stated that they put an arbitrary hold on my payment because I have "not made a payment that large before" which is not true as I have had this card almost 20 years and have made payments that large before. When I called to speak to a supervisor I spoke with 2 account managers both of which refused to receive any documentation of my proof of payment and also requested that even though I made the payment, even though it cleared my account that I still had to call them back in 4 hours so that they can "verify" with my bank that they payment was made. I informed them they I would be more than happy to send them a copy of the cleared transaction from my bank and they refused to accept this information. I offered to provide them with the confirmation numbers for the transaction and they refused to accept that also. I consider taking a payment that has cleared a customer's bank but then refusing to release that payment to the customer and refusing to accept documentation of that payment and forcing the customer to "call back" in order to credit for a payment that was already made is robbery. Neither account supervisor was helpful and matter of fact both had the tone that it was my fault that the payment was held when they do NOT inform you at the time of payment that they will place a hold on any payments especially those that have already been drafted from my bank. I have had MULTIPLE issues with the credit card company holding charges and not releasing charges for over 14 days. The public needs to be aware of their predatory and in my opinion CRIMINAL tactics.

AT&T Universal Savings & Rewards Card