0.0

Mar 09 2016

I got this card after reading the reviews from several travel bloggers. They approved me a $12,700 limit. I got the card with $350 annual fee instead of the $450 fee and I have already gotten way more value from the card than the fee. This card also comes with 3 free rounds of golf, which is not really advertised. This card also includes the access to the Priority Pass lounges as well as the American Airlines admiral club lounges. One time I was at the DFW airport and I went to the Priority Pass lounge to grab some food and went the the Admiral's club lounge right after to grab some more food using this card. Can't beat that! This card is a direct competitor to the American Express Platinum with better benefits. The best part is, this looks like a regular card and I don't feel like a ******bag when using this card compared to when I had my AMEX platinum card. This card also includes the free towing, and rental card insurance like the AMEX platinum. Thank You points are automatically worth more if you own this card. Therefore, this card is a makes a great combination with the Citi Forward card.

Sep 18 2016
Not worth it after recent devaluations

I previously reviewed this card as being worth the $450 fee due to the ease in making up its cost with all its perks. However, recent devaluations that become effective in July 2017 have made it no longer worth the fee, especially with the new Chase Sapphire Reserve as its direct competitor. Devaluations include: no longer having Admirals Club access, no longer having complimentary golf, no longer including the cost of taxes and fees in the 4th night free benefit, and only being able to redeem Citi ThankYou Points for 1.25% per mile for flights rather than the current 1.6% per mile when booking American or 1.33% per mile for all other airlines. The loss of golf and Admirals Club access don't affect me at all because I don't play golf and am okay with using Priority Pass lounges. However, the devaluation of TY Points when redeemed for flights is ultimately why I will not keep the Prestige when my annual fee comes due next year. A 1.25% redemption value is paltry compared to the Sapphire Reserve's 1.5% for any flight. While having the $250 airline credit and 4th night free benefit can still make up the cost of the annual fee, I would rather not allocate spend to this card over my Sapphire Reserve when the rewards points are worth much less. At a time when Citi needed to step up their game with the release of Chase's competing premium credit card, they instead went the opposite direction and nerfed their benefits, resulting in the loss of at least this customer, as well as many more I'm sure.

Jul 23 2018
Diminishing perkers

In its prime, this was a great card, with access to American Airlines Admerals club, and free golf. These perks have dissapeared and were not replaced. The only reason I keep the card is for the 4th night free at hotels. This perks adds a lot of value for me, and the hotel prices are not inflated, althought booking through the card takes on average 30-45 minutes it is still worth it.

Sep 18 2016
Not worth it after recent devaluations

Jul 01 2016
Top value in its class of premium cards

There's a lot of people that complain about heavy annual fees. I'm a big fan of saving more, spending less and getting what I pay for too. Fortunately, this isn't one of those cards that doesn't give it all back to you in spades. One caveat, it's not for everyone. The annual fee is $450. But let's think about the benefits: 1) $250 annual airline fee credit. You can use it for anything including tickets. It's easier to use than Amex's airline fee reimbursements. 2) 4th Night Free Benefit. When booking at any hotel, when you book with their travel advisors, you get the 4th night free. This alone is a huge value to me because I travel quite a bit. This is a benefit that if you don't travel, the card may not be as valuable to you as others. 3) Thank You Rewards. 3x points for Hotels and Airfare, 2x for Dining and Entertaining, 1x on everything else. And the points are valuable, transferable to several airlines and hotels. 4) 3 Free Rounds of Gold, annually. They have to be a participating clubs, but there's plenty to choose from. Obviously, more helpful if you enjoy golfing, and as you know green fees can be quite pricey. 5) Priority Pass + Admirals Club Access*. Again if you travel a lot, especially internationally...you'll enjoy having the ability to take your pitstops in lounges for free snacks, wifi, and generally cleaner restrooms. (*when flying American Airlines) Those are the top benefits I love the card for and it more than outweighs the cost of the annual fee. I haven't even mentioned some benefits that I don't even use. It's a great card.

Jun 29 2016
Great, but Concierge needs improvement

Despite the steep $450 annual fee, the card easily pays for itself. I've only had the Citi Prestige since February and have already made up the cost through the $250 airline credit and the 4th night free benefit. Furthermore, Priority Pass and Admirals Club access for both the cardholder and a guest has been an especially nice bonus - having somewhere to stay with free food and beverages was a lifesaver in Taipei when my connecting flight was delayed for 8 hours. My only complaint with the card is the inefficiency of the concierge service when making hotel bookings and in receiving the 4th night free credit. To receive credit for the 4th night, the booking MUST be made through Citi's concierge. Before calling the concierge, I research ahead of time how much I can expect to pay for a specific hotel stay through either booking with Citi or booking through another site. If booking with Citi will come out cheaper after the 4th night credit is applied, I go with Citi, if not, I go with the alternative. I've found that all major hotel chains and most large and/or 3 star or greater properties are eligible for the 4th night benefit. I haven't been told no yet for any property I've chosen so far, domestically or abroad. Anyway, after I decide to go with Citi, I call the concierge to request a booking. After arranging for a booking over the phone, they send an e-mail within 24 hours with booking details, including the estimated total for the stay and the estimated credit to be applied for the 4th night. If I agree to the terms, I have to call the concierge service back so they can officially make the booking. All this phone/e-mail tag is where problems can first arise. Rates easily change from the time I first call, the time they send the e-mail, and the time I'm able to call again to confirm the rate they quoted in the e-mail. The service would be GREATLY improved if the official booking can be made right on the first call, so that rates don't change throughout the process and both time and money aren't wasted playing phone/e-mail tag. This inefficiency also prohibits any needed last minute bookings. I've also had problems receiving credit for bookings made through the concierge. For most stays, I've received credit within 2-6 weeks after check out. For two bookings, I have yet to receive credit, 10 weeks and 3 statements, and 8 weeks and 2 statements, respectively, after my stays. According to Citi's e-mails, "The statement credit will post within 1-2 billing cycles of a fully prepaid booking or 1-2 billing cycles after check-out." For these two bookings, this has obviously not been the case. After calling Citi's concierge with an inquiry, I was told I would receive a follow up e-mail within 72 hours. I did not receive any e-mail notification or credit to my account within 72 hours. I did not follow up immediately, as I was busy with other affairs, but saw that credit was eventually applied for the bookings I had inquired about 6 days after I made the inquiry, all without a follow up e-mail letting me know what happened. Overall the Citi Prestige is a wonderful card whose benefits far outweigh the cost, particularly for booking flights and hotels due to receiving 3X the points for such purchases, as well as the 4th night free benefit. However, the concierge service still needs to get its kinks worked out to make the 4th night free benefit and the card as a whole truly exceptional.

Apr 19 2016
The best premium credit card out there

Just got instantly approved for 20K CL. Pulled EX (746), and TU is 759. Been a Citigold member so I got the $350 AF. Best premium card out there for me since I fly American all the time and Priority Select lounges are pretty nice too. Plus the 4th night hotel free is the best benefit out there among all credit cards.

Mar 09 2016

Mar 05 2016
beyond travel perks????

so if you dont travel a lot, is it worth the 4450.00 annual fee? besides travel perks, what else does it make it worth getting for this price? what credit score do you have to have to get approved?

Mar 03 2016
Excellent benefits with minor downsides

This card easily has some of the most specatcular benefits and bonuses of all the cards I've had. The 50K ThankYou points is worth $800 towards AA flights and $665 towards non AA flights through the Citi travel portal, Priority pass and Admiral lounge access, 4th night free at hotel bookings through the concierge, $250 annual credit towards airline purchases, and excellent bonus categories. It is easily the most valuable card to own if you travel a lot domestically, live near an AA hub, and want to do more weekend trips. It is marred slightly by the steep $450 annual fee, which can pay for itself between the credit and judicious use of the 4th night benefit, and a customer service that still requires you to cycle through an automated system. Even the significantly cheaper Chase Sapphire Preferred has a human pick up the phone immediately.

Feb 15 2016
Exceptional

This card is worth the annual fee. The benefits alone are unmatched in my book. The application process was extremely fast and the customer service is second to none. With all the cards I own, this is by far the best. The credits that are available to you annually as a cardholder are very useful when you travel on a regular basis or once in awhile. The fourth night free for hotels is one of my favorite benefits. The Price Rewind feature is awesome given the few times I've used it. Overall, this is an exceptional card with extremely exceptional benefits. Customer service is unmatched and the benefits outweigh the annual fee. Excellent credit is required to own this card; but once in your possession, you won't want to use another card. This card was my first premium card and my expectations have been met and exceeded.

Oct 18 2015
Premium Card and Excellent Benfits

I researched quite a bit before I applied for this card and I had to stack the deck before i did. Citi isnt avalable in my state so on one my trips to NYC, I applied for this card at the branch and was able to secure 350$ Annual Fee for the card. And also got the card overnighted ( seriously) Applied middle of the year and with my first travel purchase i received 250 statement credit for the flight tickets, bringing downt he annual fee down to 100$!! Benefits - Awesome Conceirge for sport tickets, last minute reservations at restuarants. Travel - awesome redemptions at 1.6c per TY point when purchasing AA tickets on TY website. 1.33 for other flights. Comes with Admirals Lounge access for me and 2 guests/friends or family. most comprehensive Priority Pass Select membership any card has ever offered with same benefits of bringing 2 guests or immediate family for free when travelling domestically as well as internationaly. Trip Intruption and Baggage Delay Benefit - really comes in handy with cancelled or delayed trips. They really remburise you!! especially for a shorter periods like 3+ hours baggae delay and 6+ hours delayed/cancelled flights.. I have compared these benefits with other premium cards like Amex Platinum or CSP (i dont consider this premium but most bloggers do) and Citi Prestige comes our ahead of every other card out there. ( Except Amex Cneturion, JP Morgan Palladium etc) Shopping - Its actually my daily use card since it has awesome earning structure with 3x on Airlines and Hotels (including aggregator sites like hotel.com, kayak etc) This however doesnt cover parking, tolls, gas etc. This is where i recommend to get Citi Thank You premier card since it covers missed "travel/gas" categories for 3x earning. 2x on Dining and Enterainment (most tickets, movies, theatres, dvds etc) 1x on everything else. Online Shopping - great 90 day return policy even for those where Merchant does have a policy and Citi takes care of it for you. Citi Price Reward is really a great benfit and you dont have feel really sad about missing on promos or discounts for items you bought as Citi will remburise the difference. This however takes a bit of work as you will have to logon to citi price rewind site and have to enter the items you have bought for Citi has to searching lower prices online. This actually has saved me abotu 40$. no foriegn transaction fees and world wide acceptance with Master card elite for international travellers. Primary rental insurance coverage outside of U.S. Elite membership with rental like Avis Preferred First, National Executive and Sixt. (You can acutally email Hertz for status match and they grant you Five Star status) So still a win. Personal experience - with 16 round trips this year including one international trip, I have entered Admiral lounges atleast 27 times, even when flying United and Delta, since everytime i have entered and provide my Citi Prestige card and ID proof, they usualy ask for boarding pass to help with additional information on upcoming flight and I usually say I got it coeverd and they didnt ask for it...Priority Pass Select came in really handy where I couldnt find Admiral Lounge on domestic flights and Internationally. Use Loungebuddy to better select lounge at given airport on your itenary. Also an awesome eye candy with no information on the front of the card.. I have been asked more times if its "BLACK CARD" than if it has just different/weird design. I can tell you- for 100$ this is best card ever! I'm just waiting for Citi to add more transfer partners which they dont have any domestic airline partners today.