Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR 0% for 7 Months

Apr 29, 2017
surprisingly accepted
KazhKitsune Cardholder

I just applied and not only did i get accepted, but i got a 2,500 credit limit right away, as well as the 14.74% interest rates! I'm really kindof shocked since my credit score is only 706, my credit history is only 2yrs, and (inclunding student loans) i only make around $20,000 a year. I was expecting rejection when i heard that other people with better credit scores and higher incomes than me were rejected.

Jan 31, 2017
Great Rewards Card
eddiep426 Cardholder

I love the Citi thankyou rewards program. It also gives your credit score once a month and has Citi price rewind, which tracks you purchases for 60 days and if a lower price is found you will get back the difference.

Dec 29, 2016
Denied but FOUGHT to overturn denial.
Pinpuku Cardholder

Let me just say that the only reason I even got in with Citibank is because I fought to have my application reconsidered multiple times. Do not believe the 5 star reviews automatically placed on the front of the page, make sure to change your view to "All Reviews". This card was DIFFICULT to get, and the only reason I got it was because of luck and persistence. I cannot believe the other reviews say that they were approved with a lower score or a more limited credit history than myself, because it seems impossible...  I applied with a ~680 EQ/EXP and a $20k income. I had a perfect payment history and no delinquincies. I had a credit history of 1+ year and had a variety of credit lines (car + installment). Denied for "too many inquiries". I attempted to get the denial reconsidered 10+ times, and after about one month of continously trying every few days, I got a rep that was willing to approve me. She approved me with the lowest limit, after Christmas. Perhaps it was the holiday spirit. I don't know. But Citibank is generally very hardheaded about their denials. Fight if you want but it might waste a complete month of your time like it did for me. I ended up getting the card anyways but the process was just annoying.

Apr 09, 2017

How many credit inquiries were on your report when you were initially declined? Also, does asking for your application to be reconsidered ding your score with another hard pull each time?

Dec 01, 2016
High limit
6484scoobydoo Cardholder

So don't forget to add together all your loan and scholarship money as income (yes you can do that!). That bumped my income up from $7,000 to $20,000. 710 transunion/equifax. 739 fico. Fast approval for a $2500 credit limit. You also get this cool feature where you can buy tickets to sold out concerts through Citi so you never have to miss out.

Jul 28, 2017

You definitely aren't supposed to count student loans as income. Scholarships can be a bit of a grey area, but from my understanding, you can get away with it most of the time. Student loans are not income. They should not be counted as such.

Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students