1.7

Convenient

Works for me

Jun 13 2017
Awful Card To Have

I've had this card for years. Always paid it on time and have always used it. I get a credit update notifying my that synchrony closes my account. Prior to this they constantly dropped the credit limit down to $230. I had not used the card in a month and soon as I get to the pump it's closed. I called and they will not reopen. I will never do business with synchrony again. I have 2 other cards from them I am closing today.

Apr 10 2017
AWFUL!

I've had this card for years. This was my last card to pay in full and less than 2 weeks later I get a letter in the mail stating that they dropped my credit limit to $100. I've never been late, always paid more than the minimum and used frequently. This card is useless to me now. I'll go where they appreciate my business. Synchrony is awful and will definitely be re-evaluating my business with them!!

Apr 02 2017
Sucker born every minute

We had this card for years. They make it as hard as possible for you to redeem your "rewards." ? balance not shown on statement ? redemption is on a separate site; not integrated with online bill pay. ? no reminders or prompts are sent regarding your balance. ? confusing option to use rewards at pump, which rarely come out to your advantage, and are confusing to figure out. I believe you would only come out ahead of taking cash if your rewards were low and you were pumping 20 gallons gas. After years and years, I chose to close the account instead of being issued a new card when there was a fraud transaction. The representative did not mention my balance or the need to redeem it when I closed the account. Supposedly, in the canned disclaimer I listened to, I was told that rewards would be voided. Must have been quick. When I called to ask I was told I could not get my reward money. I consider this unethical.

Jan 24 2017
Not for everyone

Card is great for people who travel a lot. I usually get 6cent off a gallon, however I get even more at Sams Club or my local grocery perks program. The card is great to get your debt to income ratio down though because BP is VERY generous with limits. I started out with 300 then 6 months later was at 1300 and as of today I am at 3500. I do not plan on using this card OTHER THAN helping keep my score high playing that credit card game. lol.

Sep 04 2016
Horrible, pre-approved, but rejected!

BP sent me pre-approval with congratulatory note and offered me to apply. I thought to take as with hope of rewards for gas, but they had wrong judgment that they rejected. My TU credit score was 639 at the time I applied, but they said, I had 418 TU score. What a crazy judgement!!! Better never accept their so-called pre-approval offer. They do not consider consumer value. I am happy that I am rejected, otherwise I would have to deal with their worst judgement and costumer service while owning their card.

Jun 07 2016
Terrible

Bad customer support

Apr 16 2012

This was a fantastic rewards card I recommended to many people for several years until they changed their rewards program in March 2012 to the detriment of customers- now I recommend AmEx Blue Cash Everyday which as of April 2012 offers 2% cashback on any gas station or department store purchases plus 3% at supermarkets and 1% on all other spending (with no spending caps). Check it out here: http://bluecashcards.americanexpress.com/home/#/compare-cards