PlayStation® Card from Capital One® Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR 0%* until May 2018

Nov 09, 2017
Awesome card!
ramonbar3 Cardholder

I was approved with a TU of about 580 (TU) 579 (EU) and I was approved for $500 CL! This makes my third Capital One CC and my Platinum and QS1 both stated me with $300 and have had to work my CL up. This card is great like the others especially with the app. If you pay off your cards on the due dat, and wait about 5 days to use it again, you will see your Credit go up. You want to wait no less than 5 days because the company reports to the credit bureau roughly 4-5 days later. They see $0 balance, your Credit goes up. DON'T MISS YOUR DUE DATE. They will mark you late if you don't pay by 8:00 that day. Trust me.

Nov 05, 2017
Instant Approval 3 Months out of BK7
RDM323 Cardholder

I'm officially 3 months out of Bankruptcy. On the day of my dischange, I applied for 2 Capital One cards. Instant approval for Platinum for $1000 and Quicksilver One for $500. 3 months later, I applied for this Playstation card (also issued by Cpaital One), and was instantly approved for $750. Credit Karma scores are TU 557 & EQ 555. Aside from the credit cards, I have 3 student loans still reporting. This is officially my last card application for the next 2 years. Capital One has been very friendly to me with my post BK7 rebuilding strategy.

Nov 01, 2017
Glad I applied
jaskip01 Cardholder

I was surprised to get approved.  My credit score is low (579 TU) (595 Equifax).  The limit is low, only $500, but it's a start.

Jun 24, 2017
Great for PS Gamers!
tates23 Cardholder

Recently Applied for the card and was approved for a $750 CL with around 625 score on both TransUnion and Equifax... Had a Capital one card with a low limit already. I highly suggest if your a PlayStation gamer as you get 5000 points which equals a $50 PSN card after your first purchase.

Also could help if your an occasional gamer to boost up your Available Credit plus the 10X rewards on PS Store purchases is a huge plus.

Mar 14, 2017
Johnasee Cardholder

I'm not sure why I did, but I applied for this card with a 588 score, I also have a Capitalon Quicksilver as well as their Platnium Mastercard. They approved me for a $500 limit.

Jan 03, 2017
It's ok, slightly cumbersome
iManiac Cardholder

~630-640 TransUnion/Experian credit score approved with a $500 credit line on 11/24/2016.

The biggest incentive to using this card is the 10x points earned on items purchased in the Playstation Store if you pay using this card. While it is nice, it is not worth it if Playstation isn't your primary gaming console. This is mainly because, you're very limited on what you can spend those points on. There is a shop on Sony's dedicated rewards website where you can spend your points on various Sony products. This is the only place you can spend the points. If you don't see anything you like in the shop, your next best bet would be to spend your points on $50 playstation store cards. However, this once again limits you to items from the playstation store. This is why as stated earlier, I only recommend getting this card if you are a heavy playstation gamer. I actually own a PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. However, I am primarily a PC gamer, so I quickly realized after using this card a month or so that I wasn't getting as much out of it as I should be.

PROS:

-  10x points on all purchases made from the Playstation Store using your Playstation Credit card.

-  2x points when paying off your phone bill using your Playstation Credit card.

- Sign on bonus: Get $50 playstation store credit after making your 1st purchase with the Playstation Credit card.

CONS:

- 2x points on purchases made from Sony Authorized Retailers using your Playstation Credit card, but there's a caveat:

- At the time of purchase, you only get 1x points. To get the other 1x, you have to fill out a 'Bonus Points' form which you then have to send to Sony via postal mail. Sony then receives the form, and on approval, will award you the other 1x. You have fill out this 'Bonus Points' form on EVERY qualifying purchase, should want 2x points. Very cumbersome and not worth it in my opinion.

- Points expire after 5 years if you are a Playstation Credit cardholder. Expires after 1 year if you are not a cardholder. I know 5 years is a long time, but just the fact that you have to worry about your points expiring is cumbersome enough.

- Very limited in what you can do with the rewards points earned.

- This is debatable. As the card is a 'Playstation' credit card, it makes sense that Sony limits your spending to Playstation products/accessaries.

Apr 07, 2017

Well one thing to keep in mind is that this card has no Foreign Transaction Fees. So, pay it off before you leave the country and you have an emergency card to use in Japan, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, the UK... assuming they all accep Visa at the places it's needed. If you had a kid going abroad for a field trip, or a dozen other reasons, you could pay it off, tell them it's for emergencies, and know that you're not going to end up with a statement full of foreign transaction fees.

Sep 10, 2017

Great review. Thanks.

Dec 30, 2016
Fantastic
Anonymous Cardholder

This is easily the best credit card I have ever owned (and I have a few, including an AMEX). The points that you accrue on day to day purchases, are incredibly beneficial if you are a heavy electronics junky like me. I have made more than a few purchases on Sony's website and my points have allowed me to buy things completely free, or heavily discounted. It's amazing. Love this card! If you are a big Playstation or Sony fan (or just quality electronics in general), you need this card!

Dec 15, 2016
Excellent Category Rewards Card
BarLee126 Cardholder

I was instantly approved for $2,000 with both CK scores being 723 and a "Good" chance of approval. Capital One pulled my Experian FICO score which was at that time 732 with 4 inquiries and no bad history/collections. My income is under $20,000 and I am a student with 4yrs being my oldest credit line. I have 4 credit cards (one being another Cap 1 card, the Quicksilver with a CL of $500), 2 store cards and 2 student loans listed. I'm not sure if it really made a difference but I signed up for Sony Rewards first and applied thru their website not CK.

This is an excellent card for what is it which is a very narrow category rewards card. This card is best for people who own a PlayStation and who buy off of the PSN store regularly. Since it has no annual fee there is no reason to worry if you don't use the card every month but I highly recommend making this the card linked with your PSN account and using it only for PlayStation related purchases. You can also get points back for dining out and paying your cell phone bill via the card. However, there are better cards for the dining out option such as the Marvel MasterCard with its 3% back on dining/entertainment categories.

As it is a Visa you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted but I applied for and now use this card solely for the PlayStation aspect. I linked the card to my PSN and Sony Reward accounts and use it for PSN store purchases and nothing else.

Dec 15, 2016