PlayStation® Card from Capital One® Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR 0%* until December 2017

Dec 08, 2015
4 months in of using Updates
Buyaobuyao Cardholder

Got the sign on bonus from September of 5000 points.  Added my cell phone bill, fast food restaurant purchases and video gaming purchases.  You CAN get extra points at certain stores, however you must contact Sony to get the extra points. This includes Best Buy, GameStop etc when buying video gaming related games, accessories etc.

In 4 months, I've already enough points for a sound cancelling headset, couple games and a controller. Adds up quickly.

This is in Credit Steps, an email was sent several weeks in.  With pretty moderate usage, after my 3rd statement, I requested and was given a credit limit increase, helping my Utlization.  Credit Steps is for average credit, at the time I was under 650 FICO not Vantage, this site gives you Vantage scores, and will be given an automatic credit limit increase at my 6th statement as long as I always make the minimum payment on time. I have been paying in full despite the 0% promo.

Again, after my 3rd statement, on time, pay in full, I was given a credit limit increase and will recieve another in 3 more statements automatically.  Check your FICO 04's and if you're prequalified on the Capital One Website for the QuickSilver MasterCard or Platinum, this card should be available too. Pick your best card for you.

Loving this card more than my QuickSilver's cash back ironically!

I did call Customer Service in regards to a christmas return, they went above and beyond.  I did not feel like a low scoring, subprime lender at all. I was treated with respect.  This card will be in my stable until it is retired by Capital One or transferred to another company.

Oct 27, 2015
Doesn't give Credit Limit Increases
CreditDan4 Cardholder

I got approved either last year or two years ago for this card with a limit of $500, I don't remember my scores at that time. I've tried getting a CL increase since then and got a denial letter via the capital one website saying they don't do credit limit increases for this card, I was so bummed.  I give it 5 starts for the app process and customer service but it stll sucks that I'm going to have to close the card and reapply to hopefully get a hire CL

Jun 24, 2017
Great for PS Gamers!
tates23 Cardholder

Recently Applied for the card and was approved for a $750 CL with around 625 score on both TransUnion and Equifax... Had a Capital one card with a low limit already. I highly suggest if your a PlayStation gamer as you get 5000 points which equals a $50 PSN card after your first purchase.

Also could help if your an occasional gamer to boost up your Available Credit plus the 10X rewards on PS Store purchases is a huge plus.

Mar 14, 2017
Johnasee Cardholder

I'm not sure why I did, but I applied for this card with a 588 score, I also have a Capitalon Quicksilver as well as their Platnium Mastercard. They approved me for a $500 limit.

Jan 03, 2017
It's ok, slightly cumbersome
iManiac Cardholder

~630-640 TransUnion/Experian credit score approved with a $500 credit line on 11/24/2016.

The biggest incentive to using this card is the 10x points earned on items purchased in the Playstation Store if you pay using this card. While it is nice, it is not worth it if Playstation isn't your primary gaming console. This is mainly because, you're very limited on what you can spend those points on. There is a shop on Sony's dedicated rewards website where you can spend your points on various Sony products. This is the only place you can spend the points. If you don't see anything you like in the shop, your next best bet would be to spend your points on $50 playstation store cards. However, this once again limits you to items from the playstation store. This is why as stated earlier, I only recommend getting this card if you are a heavy playstation gamer. I actually own a PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. However, I am primarily a PC gamer, so I quickly realized after using this card a month or so that I wasn't getting as much out of it as I should be.

PROS:

-  10x points on all purchases made from the Playstation Store using your Playstation Credit card.

-  2x points when paying off your phone bill using your Playstation Credit card.

- Sign on bonus: Get $50 playstation store credit after making your 1st purchase with the Playstation Credit card.

CONS:

- 2x points on purchases made from Sony Authorized Retailers using your Playstation Credit card, but there's a caveat:

- At the time of purchase, you only get 1x points. To get the other 1x, you have to fill out a 'Bonus Points' form which you then have to send to Sony via postal mail. Sony then receives the form, and on approval, will award you the other 1x. You have fill out this 'Bonus Points' form on EVERY qualifying purchase, should want 2x points. Very cumbersome and not worth it in my opinion.

- Points expire after 5 years if you are a Playstation Credit cardholder. Expires after 1 year if you are not a cardholder. I know 5 years is a long time, but just the fact that you have to worry about your points expiring is cumbersome enough.

- Very limited in what you can do with the rewards points earned.

- This is debatable. As the card is a 'Playstation' credit card, it makes sense that Sony limits your spending to Playstation products/accessaries.

Apr 07, 2017

Well one thing to keep in mind is that this card has no Foreign Transaction Fees. So, pay it off before you leave the country and you have an emergency card to use in Japan, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, the UK... assuming they all accep Visa at the places it's needed. If you had a kid going abroad for a field trip, or a dozen other reasons, you could pay it off, tell them it's for emergencies, and know that you're not going to end up with a statement full of foreign transaction fees.

Dec 30, 2016
Fantastic
Anonymous Cardholder

This is easily the best credit card I have ever owned (and I have a few, including an AMEX). The points that you accrue on day to day purchases, are incredibly beneficial if you are a heavy electronics junky like me. I have made more than a few purchases on Sony's website and my points have allowed me to buy things completely free, or heavily discounted. It's amazing. Love this card! If you are a big Playstation or Sony fan (or just quality electronics in general), you need this card!

Dec 15, 2016
Excellent Category Rewards Card
BarLee126 Cardholder

I was instantly approved for $2,000 with both CK scores being 723 and a "Good" chance of approval. Capital One pulled my Experian FICO score which was at that time 732 with 4 inquiries and no bad history/collections. My income is under $20,000 and I am a student with 4yrs being my oldest credit line. I have 4 credit cards (one being another Cap 1 card, the Quicksilver with a CL of $500), 2 store cards and 2 student loans listed. I'm not sure if it really made a difference but I signed up for Sony Rewards first and applied thru their website not CK.

This is an excellent card for what is it which is a very narrow category rewards card. This card is best for people who own a PlayStation and who buy off of the PSN store regularly. Since it has no annual fee there is no reason to worry if you don't use the card every month but I highly recommend making this the card linked with your PSN account and using it only for PlayStation related purchases. You can also get points back for dining out and paying your cell phone bill via the card. However, there are better cards for the dining out option such as the Marvel MasterCard with its 3% back on dining/entertainment categories.

As it is a Visa you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted but I applied for and now use this card solely for the PlayStation aspect. I linked the card to my PSN and Sony Reward accounts and use it for PSN store purchases and nothing else.

Dec 15, 2016
Excellent Category Rewards Card
BarLee126 Cardholder

Dec 11, 2016
if you game on PlayStation digitally GET
huntoi Cardholder

The PlayStation credit card from Capital One is my first credit card and I would definitely recommend it to the right people. I must say that I got declined twice when I applied but was finally approved the third time! However, don't worry about me saying that too much as when I applied my first two times I was a college student with no job.

If you buy games and content digitally on the PlayStation Store this card is for you! No question about it. You get 10X points per $1 on any PlayStation Store transaction which works great for me since I buy all my games digitally for my PlayStation 4. In addition, you get 3X points per $1 at fast food restaurants, movie theaters, and mobile phone bill. You also get 3X points at Sony authorized retailers, but you have to fill out a form which quite frankly no one will do. The 3X points at movie theaters and in your phone bill in particular are rare categories that no other credit card offer (as far I know), making it a useful credit card beyond just shopping on the PlayStation Store. That means that if you plan on getting another credit card in the future or currently juggle other credit cards the PlayStation credit card will still find itself useful in more that one area where other credit cards may not. On top of that, there is 0% purchase APR for 10 months and a sign up bonus of 5,000 Sony reward points upon making your first purchase with the card; You can use those points to get a $50 PlayStation Store prepaid card!

As far as reward points, you can get electronics, box copy of games, and the aforementioned PlayStation Store prepaid cards in $10, $20, and $50 versions. The points usually post to your Sony Rewards account at the end of your month's billing cycle, but may take a couple days or weeks later to post sometimes, which happened once to me over the span of 9 months.

Overall, it's a great credit card. I'm a proud owner of it and would recommend it to anyone that plays PlayStation and buys content on the PlayStation Store. The signup bonus and 0% purchase APR for 10 months are icing on the cake on top of great rewards.

Dec 05, 2016
Bottom of the barrel filthy trash
Matthew224 Cardholder

I was approved for a $3000 credit limit with a 715 score. When the card arrived in the mail, i tried activating it online, and it wouldnt go through. Called customer service to see if i could activate it through the phone and they said my account was "closed". What??? How is my account closed if i havent even activated it yet? Waited on the line for an additional 30 minutes only to find out that CapitalOne falsely flagged my account as "fraud". Absolute shame. Genuinely looked forward to getting this card too, as I am a continuous Playstation consumer.

Oct 05, 2016
Got approved at like 608
ogodno Cardholder

I have about 4 credit cards and have made every payment on time without delay may be why i got it lower and others did not could be income too hard to say don't make that much.

Aug 02, 2016
Eagerly Waiting for card
Anonymous Cardholder

I applied online with a FICO score of 718 and only a car payment on my credit history. No negatives on report but also not much credit history. The application said it required more information so I was expecting a decline letter in the mail. I received a call from the fraud department approx an hour later asking if I in fact applied for a card since there is minimal recent credit history. Once they verified I did apply, the lady said she will transfer my application to processing. I waited a few hours then called back to talk to the processing department. I was then told I was approved for $5,000 limit. Now just waiting to get it in the mail.

?>