I love this card. Use it for phone bill, movies and fast food and 3x points. Adds up quick if you spend money on those things. The 10x points on PSN is fastanstic but just know it may take up to 90 days to recieve the points on your Sony Rewards. However, If you dont have a fico score thats near 700, or are not a member of Sony Rewards, please don't waste the hard pull. You will need both or at least one to even have a shot at being approved. Credit Karma is a great tool but the scores are not real. Almost no credit card companys use vantage scores so just keep that in mind when you look at the odds of approval. It doesn;t mean anything.
ADDITIONAL RATINGS YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL
- Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
- Balance Transfer Regular APR 14.49% - 24.99%* Variable
- Annual Fee $0
- Purchase Intro APR 0%* until December 2017
- Purchase Regular APR 14.49% - 24.99%* Variable
Most Helpful Positive Review
Most Helpful Negative Review
~630-640 TransUnion/Experian credit score approved with a $500 credit line on 11/24/2016.
The biggest incentive to using this card is the 10x points earned on items purchased in the Playstation Store if you pay using this card. While it is nice, it is not worth it if Playstation isn't your primary gaming console. This is mainly because, you're very limited on what you can spend those points on. There is a shop on Sony's dedicated rewards website where you can spend your points on various Sony products. This is the only place you can spend the points. If you don't see anything you like in the shop, your next best bet would be to spend your points on $50 playstation store cards. However, this once again limits you to items from the playstation store. This is why as stated earlier, I only recommend getting this card if you are a heavy playstation gamer. I actually own a PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. However, I am primarily a PC gamer, so I quickly realized after using this card a month or so that I wasn't getting as much out of it as I should be.
- 10x points on all purchases made from the Playstation Store using your Playstation Credit card.
- 2x points when paying off your phone bill using your Playstation Credit card.
- Sign on bonus: Get $50 playstation store credit after making your 1st purchase with the Playstation Credit card.
- 2x points on purchases made from Sony Authorized Retailers using your Playstation Credit card, but there's a caveat:
- At the time of purchase, you only get 1x points. To get the other 1x, you have to fill out a 'Bonus Points' form which you then have to send to Sony via postal mail. Sony then receives the form, and on approval, will award you the other 1x. You have fill out this 'Bonus Points' form on EVERY qualifying purchase, should want 2x points. Very cumbersome and not worth it in my opinion.
- Points expire after 5 years if you are a Playstation Credit cardholder. Expires after 1 year if you are not a cardholder. I know 5 years is a long time, but just the fact that you have to worry about your points expiring is cumbersome enough.
- Very limited in what you can do with the rewards points earned.
- This is debatable. As the card is a 'Playstation' credit card, it makes sense that Sony limits your spending to Playstation products/accessaries.
See Your Approval Odds Before You Apply
Sign up for a free membership, and Credit Karma can estimate your chances of approval based on your credit profile. You’ll also get:
- Credit scores and reports
- Credit monitoring
- Personalized recommendations
See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the 'Apply Now' button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.
‡ Average score refers to the arithmetic mean and typical low score to the 5th percentile of, in each case, available VantageScore 3.0 credit scores provided by TransUnion of Credit Karma members who were approved for this product from June 2014 through November 2014. Average and typical approved scores are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed. You can learn more about credit card approval through our in-depth article.