PlayStation® Card from Capital One®

• Purchase Intro APR 0%* until October 2017

Apr 27, 2016
Credit rebuilding card
keeleyson Cardholder

Applied through CK website.  Approval odds "Good".  Instant approval.  TU 679  EQ 665  3 yrs post chapter 7.  Now have total of $30,000 total credit card limits...below 25% utilization.

Jan 03, 2017
It's ok, slightly cumbersome
iManiac Cardholder

~630-640 TransUnion/Experian credit score approved with a $500 credit line on 11/24/2016.

The biggest incentive to using this card is the 10x points earned on items purchased in the Playstation Store if you pay using this card. While it is nice, it is not worth it if Playstation isn't your primary gaming console. This is mainly because, you're very limited on what you can spend those points on. There is a shop on Sony's dedicated rewards website where you can spend your points on various Sony products. This is the only place you can spend the points. If you don't see anything you like in the shop, your next best bet would be to spend your points on $50 playstation store cards. However, this once again limits you to items from the playstation store. This is why as stated earlier, I only recommend getting this card if you are a heavy playstation gamer. I actually own a PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. However, I am primarily a PC gamer, so I quickly realized after using this card a month or so that I wasn't getting as much out of it as I should be.

PROS:

-  10x points on all purchases made from the Playstation Store using your Playstation Credit card.

-  2x points when paying off your phone bill using your Playstation Credit card.

- Sign on bonus: Get $50 playstation store credit after making your 1st purchase with the Playstation Credit card.

CONS:

- 2x points on purchases made from Sony Authorized Retailers using your Playstation Credit card, but there's a caveat:

- At the time of purchase, you only get 1x points. To get the other 1x, you have to fill out a 'Bonus Points' form which you then have to send to Sony via postal mail. Sony then receives the form, and on approval, will award you the other 1x. You have fill out this 'Bonus Points' form on EVERY qualifying purchase, should want 2x points. Very cumbersome and not worth it in my opinion.

- Points expire after 5 years if you are a Playstation Credit cardholder. Expires after 1 year if you are not a cardholder. I know 5 years is a long time, but just the fact that you have to worry about your points expiring is cumbersome enough.

- Very limited in what you can do with the rewards points earned.

- This is debatable. As the card is a 'Playstation' credit card, it makes sense that Sony limits your spending to Playstation products/accessaries.

Mar 14, 2017
Johnasee Cardholder

I'm not sure why I did, but I applied for this card with a 588 score, I also have a Capitalon Quicksilver as well as their Platnium Mastercard. They approved me for a $500 limit.

Jan 03, 2017
It's ok, slightly cumbersome
iManiac Cardholder

PROS:

CONS:

- Very limited in what you can do with the rewards points earned.

Dec 30, 2016
Fantastic
Anonymous Cardholder

This is easily the best credit card I have ever owned (and I have a few, including an AMEX). The points that you accrue on day to day purchases, are incredibly beneficial if you are a heavy electronics junky like me. I have made more than a few purchases on Sony's website and my points have allowed me to buy things completely free, or heavily discounted. It's amazing. Love this card! If you are a big Playstation or Sony fan (or just quality electronics in general), you need this card!

Dec 15, 2016
Excellent Category Rewards Card
BarLee126 Cardholder

I was instantly approved for $2,000 with both CK scores being 723 and a "Good" chance of approval. Capital One pulled my Experian FICO score which was at that time 732 with 4 inquiries and no bad history/collections. My income is under $20,000 and I am a student with 4yrs being my oldest credit line. I have 4 credit cards (one being another Cap 1 card, the Quicksilver with a CL of $500), 2 store cards and 2 student loans listed. I'm not sure if it really made a difference but I signed up for Sony Rewards first and applied thru their website not CK.

This is an excellent card for what is it which is a very narrow category rewards card. This card is best for people who own a PlayStation and who buy off of the PSN store regularly. Since it has no annual fee there is no reason to worry if you don't use the card every month but I highly recommend making this the card linked with your PSN account and using it only for PlayStation related purchases. You can also get points back for dining out and paying your cell phone bill via the card. However, there are better cards for the dining out option such as the Marvel MasterCard with its 3% back on dining/entertainment categories.

As it is a Visa you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted but I applied for and now use this card solely for the PlayStation aspect. I linked the card to my PSN and Sony Reward accounts and use it for PSN store purchases and nothing else.

Dec 15, 2016
Excellent Category Rewards Card
BarLee126 Cardholder

Dec 11, 2016
if you game on PlayStation digitally GET
huntoi Cardholder

The PlayStation credit card from Capital One is my first credit card and I would definitely recommend it to the right people. I must say that I got declined twice when I applied but was finally approved the third time! However, don't worry about me saying that too much as when I applied my first two times I was a college student with no job.

If you buy games and content digitally on the PlayStation Store this card is for you! No question about it. You get 10X points per $1 on any PlayStation Store transaction which works great for me since I buy all my games digitally for my PlayStation 4. In addition, you get 3X points per $1 at fast food restaurants, movie theaters, and mobile phone bill. You also get 3X points at Sony authorized retailers, but you have to fill out a form which quite frankly no one will do. The 3X points at movie theaters and in your phone bill in particular are rare categories that no other credit card offer (as far I know), making it a useful credit card beyond just shopping on the PlayStation Store. That means that if you plan on getting another credit card in the future or currently juggle other credit cards the PlayStation credit card will still find itself useful in more that one area where other credit cards may not. On top of that, there is 0% purchase APR for 10 months and a sign up bonus of 5,000 Sony reward points upon making your first purchase with the card; You can use those points to get a $50 PlayStation Store prepaid card!

As far as reward points, you can get electronics, box copy of games, and the aforementioned PlayStation Store prepaid cards in $10, $20, and $50 versions. The points usually post to your Sony Rewards account at the end of your month's billing cycle, but may take a couple days or weeks later to post sometimes, which happened once to me over the span of 9 months.

Overall, it's a great credit card. I'm a proud owner of it and would recommend it to anyone that plays PlayStation and buys content on the PlayStation Store. The signup bonus and 0% purchase APR for 10 months are icing on the cake on top of great rewards.

Dec 05, 2016
Bottom of the barrel filthy trash
Matthew224 Cardholder

I was approved for a $3000 credit limit with a 715 score. When the card arrived in the mail, i tried activating it online, and it wouldnt go through. Called customer service to see if i could activate it through the phone and they said my account was "closed". What??? How is my account closed if i havent even activated it yet? Waited on the line for an additional 30 minutes only to find out that CapitalOne falsely flagged my account as "fraud". Absolute shame. Genuinely looked forward to getting this card too, as I am a continuous Playstation consumer.

Oct 05, 2016
Got approved at like 608
ogodno Cardholder

I have about 4 credit cards and have made every payment on time without delay may be why i got it lower and others did not could be income too hard to say don't make that much.

Aug 02, 2016
Eagerly Waiting for card
Anonymous Cardholder

I applied online with a FICO score of 718 and only a car payment on my credit history. No negatives on report but also not much credit history. The application said it required more information so I was expecting a decline letter in the mail. I received a call from the fraud department approx an hour later asking if I in fact applied for a card since there is minimal recent credit history. Once they verified I did apply, the lady said she will transfer my application to processing. I waited a few hours then called back to talk to the processing department. I was then told I was approved for $5,000 limit. Now just waiting to get it in the mail.

Jul 17, 2016
Instantly approved with 2000$ CL
abhi9cr7 Cardholder

I have CapOne platinum card with 500$ at start and then because of Credit steps program, was given 250$ increase after four months. Recently one week back I requested CLI online and was rejected first but today I found that they actually increased another 1000$ and currently have 1750$ CL.

I was always a Playstation gamer and subscriber of PS VUE where I spend minimum 60$ per month on PS store and wanted this card badly. But after reading some weired rejection reviews on CK, I thought I should wait till my credit score is 700 on CK. But I took a chance as My FICO score on Discover & CITI website is 730(on Amex it is 718) and I was instantly approved for 2000$. I saw many reviews saying that they were approved for only 500$ and after seeing mine, I was awestruck. I am international student with only one year of credit history and slowly build my score using some great suggestion on this website. Now I am proud to say that I have 6 credit cards with 4hard enquiries (wierd right?) and11,850$ total CL.

At the time of approval I have score of 688 TU and 684 EQ on CK Vantage 3.0. And I strongly suggest you people to apply only through PS Store. There will be a link to apply for Playstation card on your PS store home page. This will increase your approval chances significantly.

PlayStation® Card from Capital One®